The Student Room Group

Easiest GCSE subject?

Poll

What Is The Easiest GCSE Subject?

In your opinion, what is the Easiest GCSE subject?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well for me, that would be maths.
Definitely RE. Just write down anything that comes to your head and BOOM A*.
Reply 3
For me, personally, it's Geography. Especially the human side, i mean, it's common sense that people leave an area to find work etc!

Sorry should have put in some sort of disclaimer for that person who found my view offensive in some way :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
German, because my teacher did most of my controlled assessment scripts so i only had to revise it and i got 4 A*s in the end :smile:
Reply 5
Of course, it depends on what you are good at and how you would define easy! For example, I did product design which wasn't difficult per se but it was really time consuming and took a lot of work outside of class to get everything done and get my A. Conversely, I did no revision and no homework ever for the two GCSE languages I did and came out with A*s in both and full marks on the listening and reading papers. :dontknow: My boyfriend did this with maths too, whereas my best friend had to get a tutor for maths so it really depends on how your brain works. :tongue: But overall, I think I might agree with RE because everyone at my school got an A* in it and it doesn't seem to need much learning :s-smilie: (No disrespect to anyone who struggled with it!)
Reply 6
For me the easiest subject is English Language, you don't even need to revise for it. I got an A without doing much and I think i'm shocking at English!
Reply 7
Don't know why I bothered doing Geography, I could pass the exam just by reading the text book. Got an A* in my mock despite being in hospital and at home for over a month.
Whatever you're interested in/good at. Maths for me.
Reply 9
Personally I think science; you don't need to understand it, you can just memorise facts then regurgitate them in the exam.
Reply 10
R.S or English Language. Easiest A*s I've ever got in my life!
Maths. English Language is pretty much a free A* as well.
My easiest was ICT.
When i did my gcse's the coursework made up, like 60% of it, and the coursework was dead easy. Even the teachers said so, and you could just do the coursework in the first half of the course (it was that easy, and we where given loads of examples, answers etc on the intranet at school, plus the teachers marked it, rather than it going to the exam board) and just doss around for the rest of it.
Original post by Cubic
Well for me, that would be maths.

I have to agree maths is the easiest, but then RE is just super easy - don't have to attend lessons at all! So I think RE is easier overall, and easier for most people.
learning for life and work...

now that is an abomination of a subject lol
Original post by shyamshah
German, because my teacher did most of my controlled assessment scripts so i only had to revise it and i got 4 A*s in the end :smile:

wow, didn't know you could do Quadruple Award German
I got 7e's and 4u's in my gcse's and all i can say is that RE was my top score. (37 ums)
Reply 17
I voted for PE (I took the exam a year early and got an A* without revising once) you can pass using common sense.
For me dance was also very easy, the only slightly "challenging" part was choreography but I come from a ballet background so this may be why I found it easy. I was stupid to take it anyway, the only mistake I made in my GCSES choices (all the rest were academic). :unimpressed:
Allthough I found History the easiest A* I had ever got, mainly becaue I loved the subject so much and just read extention work at a higher standard that enabled me to get 100% in the exam. However I know alot of people who struggled.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by GreenLantern1
I have to agree maths is the easiest, but then RE is just super easy - don't have to attend lessons at all! So I think RE is easier overall, and easier for most people.

Many people are saying that RE is easy, I don't understand this. Is it different for everyone else or something? We have to memorise bible passages and explain various meanings of them, our entire exam is based only on Christianity. Is ours different because my school is a church of england or what?

So much to remember, word for word almost because we need high accuracy. I got the lowest mark in RE out of all of my mocks.
Reply 19
For me it was Science. I fully acknowledge I had amazing teachers which actually made Science fun for me. It was one of those lessons you looked forward to!

Quick Reply

Latest