Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Macbook Pro

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anybody has any idea on the realise date for the new one? Is it worth getting one now or should I just wait?
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NWA)
    Just wondering if anybody has any idea on the realise date for the new one? Is it worth getting one now or should I just wait?
    I expect we'll see a refresh in the next couple of months, so it's worth hanging on a little longer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    I expect we'll see a refresh in the next couple of months, so it's worth hanging on a little longer.
    Ok, cheers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wait for Ivy Bridge...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Ivy bridge meant to be released at the end of April? Read something like that on DigiTimes I think it was.
    Is there any Apple event coming up?
    I reckon they are going to release the new macbook pro around July? What do you guys think?
    Oh and also, is it still going to be called MacBook Pro or just Macbook like the iPad? Are we going for a 13" version?
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diurno)
    Isn't Ivy bridge meant to be released at the end of April? Read something like that on DigiTimes I think it was.
    Is there any Apple event coming up?
    I reckon they are going to release the new macbook pro around July? What do you guys think?
    Oh and also, is it still going to be called MacBook Pro or just Macbook like the iPad? Are we going for a 13" version?
    -They're already in the hands of manufacturers in some capacity apparently.
    -No events are confirmed
    -I would guess at earlier
    -They'll keep the "Pro" and "Air" monikers while there's still multiple product lines.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    -They're already in the hands of manufacturers in some capacity apparently.
    -No events are confirmed
    -I would guess at earlier
    -They'll keep the "Pro" and "Air" monikers while there's still multiple product lines.
    Are they produced by Foxconn or is that just the iPad?

Yeah but the thing is, will there be different ranges? If the Macbook pro is going to become slimmer and more ergonomic to carry around...then surely that's just a Mac Air? Just a lot more powerful.
    Or do you think they will keep the two ranges because the Pro will be more "Proish" and the Air more for "everyone for everyday use"?
    • 58 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diurno)
    Are they produced by Foxconn or is that just the iPad?

Yeah but the thing is, will there be different ranges? If the Macbook pro is going to become slimmer and more ergonomic to carry around...then surely that's just a Mac Air? Just a lot more powerful.
    Or do you think they will keep the two ranges because the Pro will be more "Proish" and the Air more for "everyone for everyday use"?
    Yeah I'm of the opinion that the idea of merging the two lines is a nonsense rumour, too much is lost by going ultraportable to justify the title of "Pro". No optical drive which some people still rely on, they're forced into using low power CPUs, hard drive space is severely limited by the necessity of flash storage, dedicated GPUs are highly unlikely, and so on. I think the idea that we'll see a 15" Air is very likely, but Apple won't risk alienating their professional audience by limiting themselves to laptops that won't meet their needs.

Foxconn only handle iOS devices if I remember correctly. Macs are made all over the world at different places, mostly China though.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.