(Original post by puddleduck :))
Are you doing the WJEC B spec??? If so here is a writing frame for you!
a) Give a definition AND an example
b) Give at least 2 different religious views (one must be from christianity) using at least 2 different generic ideas (eg, sacred texts, religious founders, etc)
c) Both can agree or both can disagree or one point from each. Ensure the two religions are different and the generic ideas you use are different aswell.
d) Ensure you show variety within religions. Use the number of religions the question asks you to (either one or two) but ensure at least one is christianity. Use at least 2 generic ideas. Aim to make at least 6 points overall as it is a six mark question!
e) I studied Islam so have put this in but swap in whatever....
Social or Atheist view
If everyone agreed/disagreed then....
Personally I believe that.... because.....
This will get you 8 marks as long as the content is correct and shows variety!
The generic ideas work for any religion, they are:
- belief in the role of conscience
- examples of famous people from that religion
- Belief in the power of prayer
- Belief in importance of key teachings from sacred texts
- Belief in events from sacred texts
- Belief in an afterlife
- Belief in free will
- Belief in miracles
- Belief in the sanctity of life god created
- Belief in the teachings/example of the founder of the religion
- Belief in the authority of the place of worship
My only other advice is read a revision guide!!!
Really hope this helps, Puddleduck xxxxxxx