Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Are the number of GCSE's that I am taking under average?

Announcements Posted on
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am just wondering if I will have less GCSE's than your average person.

The GCSE's which I will have are:
    - Mathematics
    - English Language
    - English Literature
    - Physics
    - Chemistry
    - Biology
    - Statistics
    - Physical Education
    - Drama

Now, that is only 9 full GCSE subjects.

I will also have:
    - Religious Studies, Short Course (Half a GCSE)
    - Preparation for Work in Life (Pointless waste of time)
    - ICT OCR

How many GCSE's will/do you have?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think anywhere between 8 and 12 is pretty standard. Just work hard to get good grades in them, that's all that matters :p:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have 10, just because i did long course religious studies.. Im assuming by the fact youv listed the sciences seperately means your doing triple science rather than a double or single award science?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lollyage)
    I think anywhere between 8 and 12 is pretty standard. Just work hard to get good grades in them, that's all that matters :p:
    It's just that I've seen people on here with 11-13, and it worried me a bit. I'm doing well, all A*'s, a couple of A's and a B (Damn you English Literature).

(Original post by just george)
    I have 10, just because i did long course religious studies.. Im assuming by the fact youv listed the sciences seperately means your doing triple science rather than a double or single award science?
    I glad I didn't have to d long course R.S, I'm much happier I've not had to do any R.S this year at all! And yes, I took Triple Science.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing ten, due to the full RE GCSE.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I am doing 11 GCSEs, 1 AS, 1 FSMQ. And other talented people in my school who don't do an AS will have either 14 or 15 GCSEs. Only abot 30 will have 14 and about 5-10 will have 15. But, I think 10 is average so 9.5 is fine.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLantern1)
    Well I am doing 11 GCSEs, 1 AS, 1 FSMQ. And other talented people in my school who don't do an AS will have either 14 or 15 GCSEs. Only abot 30 will have 14 and about 5-10 will have 15. But, I think 10 is average so 9.5 is fine.
    I got your mistake this time

But yes, I also have an FSMQ, but still, that is much less than what you have just stated. I wonder why I am only doing 9.5 and an FSMQ, considering the fact that I am in the Top 3 Academically able students in my school? Yet around 5-10 people in your school will have 15?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBoardman)
    It's just that I've seen people on here with 11-13, and it worried me a bit. I'm doing well, all A*'s, a couple of A's and a B (Damn you English Literature).

I glad I didn't have to d long course R.S, I'm much happier I've not had to do any R.S this year at all! And yes, I took Triple Science.
    hehe, i had the same number of lessons whichever i did, so did the long course.. didnt do any work mind triple science is good, your fine with that many gcses, no need for any more
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:

But yes, I also have an FSMQ, but still, that is much less than what you have just stated. I wonder why I am only doing 9.5 and an FSMQ, considering the fact that I am in the Top 3 Academically able students in my school? Yet around 5-10 people in your school will have 15?
    At our school we did a few GCSEs early like Statistics in year 10 and ICT in year 9, and obviously Science in year 10 so maybe that is why? Grammar Nazi hehe! It was a typographical transcription error - what can I say, a guy of even my calibre is prone to them. Don't know what that last sentence was meant to mean - I started using big words and it got fun!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do 13 in all, which is idiotic. Along with that I'm doing a couple of AS's, also at our school if you do two languages (excluding english) you have to do a short course in a third language GCSE. Overall I do 13 and a half GCSEs and 2 AS levels
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am doing 9.5.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    At our school we did a few GCSEs early like Statistics in year 10 and ICT in year 9, and obviously Science in year 10 so maybe that is why? Grammar Nazi hehe! It was a typographical transcription error - what can I say, a guy of even my calibre is prone to them. Don't know what that last sentence was meant to mean - I started using big words and it got fun!
    I also did Stats in Year 10. What ICT course did you do? I am doing the ICT OCR course, where you either get a Fail, Pass, Merit or Distinction. Is this still a GCSE or not?

Well, you have pleasantly highlighted my grammatical malfunctions over the past couple of days. So I only thought it to be fair to return the favour! I have activated my Hawk eyes now, be warned!!

I also believe that a guy of your caliber should not be spelling caliber incorrectly gott'cha again....!

Feels great when you construct a sentence which sounds highly intellectual doesn't it

(Original post by BenWood!X)
    I do 13 in all, which is idiotic. Along with that I'm doing a couple of AS's, also at our school if you do two languages (excluding english) you have to do a short course in a third language GCSE. Overall I do 13 and a half GCSEs and 2 AS levels
    See, this is what I mean. That is much more than what I am doing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

They are probably including BTEC GCSE equivalents. They could get getting 3-4 GCSEs for doing one BTEC subject. A lot of schools inflate their GCSE results that way.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm only studying 9 GCSE.

with pointless DIDA. (worth "3" HAHAHAH GCSE)
    and a BTEC Worth one.

If you were predicted a "B" in a language they made you take NVQ...
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 12 GCSE's. Some of my friends are doing 8, some are doing 14.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also did Stats in Year 10. What ICT course did you do? I am doing the ICT OCR course, where you either get a Fail, Pass, Merit or Distinction. Is this still a GCSE or not?

Well, you have pleasantly highlighted my grammatical malfunctions over the past couple of days. So I only thought it to be fair to return the favour! I have activated my Hawk eyes now, be warned!!

I also believe that a guy of your caliber should not be spelling caliber incorrectly gott'cha again....!

Feels great when you construct a sentence which sounds highly intellectual doesn't it

See, this is what I mean. That is much more than what I am doing.
    Yours isn't a GCSE but ours was. Btw calibre is the English spelling. Caliber is an American spelling- both are fine though, some more so than others. http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/calibre
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    generaly you need 5 A*-C grades to progress to further education though the norm is to do 8 - 10 gcse's
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzanathema)
    They are probably including BTEC GCSE equivalents. They could get getting 3-4 GCSEs for doing one BTEC subject. A lot of schools inflate their GCSE results that way.
    No, no one in my school does BTECs. When I say 15 GCSEs I mean 15 actual GCSE subjects.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yours isn't a GCSE but ours was. Btw calibre is the English spelling. Caliber is an American spelling- both are fine though, some more so than others. http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/calibre
    I hate pointless courses.
    Ah, you learn something new everyday! I always associated 'Calibre' with military only, not as the same as 'caliber'.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate pointless courses.
    Ah, you learn something new everyday! I always associated 'Calibre' with military only, not as the same as 'caliber'.
    Btw no one in my school does BTECs. When I say 15 GCSEs I mean 15 actual GCSE subjects. Just to let you know. And those that do 15 will generally have it alongside the Addmaths FSMQ.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 12, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.