The Student Room Group

how many hours a day over easter do you guys revise?

Scroll to see replies

Depends, I usually have plans so it kind of changes

No plans, lie in: about 2 hours during the day then 4/5 at evening/night (I'm a night person :smile:)
No plans, no lie in: about 4 during the day, 4 at night
Out during day: about 4 at night
Out in the evening/night: about 2 maybe 3 during the day.
Out all day and night: 0

To average it out I'd say 4 a day. I revise better in term time though because I use my frees and tend to go out a lot less during the week. I'm kind of glad our college only gave us a week off for Easter this year. About 6 weeks until my first exam. Worried!
Reply 101
Original post by Pen Island
I'm kind of glad our college only gave us a week off for Easter this year.

Wtf.
Original post by f1mad
Wtf.

Haha that made me sound really sad. It's just because I tend to lose track of revision during the holidays & we're pretty behind in psychology so it's best to be at college. And there are some friends I don't get to see much of out of college :smile: And I'm a nerd and like college :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 103
somebody give me the motivation!
Reply 104
Original post by Seatbelt
somebody give me the motivation!

u can do itttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u can do it seat belt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know u can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man do it do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are all going to fail!
I have been doing about 8 hours a day with breaks but just however much I feel like. Today I felt like making cake so it was considerably less, and I went to my partners house for 3 days so I only did 2/3 hours in total over those days. By revising I also include reading around my subjects and I enjoy that, and going on bike rides listening to the audio books of my set texts (also very enjoyable). Find a fun learning style that works for you!
Original post by Pen Island
Haha that made me sound really sad. It's just because I tend to lose track of revision during the holidays & we're pretty behind in psychology so it's best to be at college. And there are some friends I don't get to see much of out of college :smile: And I'm a nerd and like college :tongue:

We technically had 2 weeks off, but 1 week had "voluntary" lectures, and by voluntary I mean that you would be beaten half to death if you didnt show.
Reply 108
You guys are so lucky in England. We get Easter holidays too, but from 4th-6th year we have "easter school", which means we have to go in every day for revision classes. I supposes it helps, but the teacher just goes on and on...

Also, in Scotland, our exams start in April, I try to revise loads but it just never happens, i always seem to get distacted :frown:
Reply 109
Original post by louci
u can do itttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u can do it seat belt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know u can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man do it do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im going to do it! :dumbells:
Original post by Alexander94
We technically had 2 weeks off, but 1 week had "voluntary" lectures, and by voluntary I mean that you would be beaten half to death if you didnt show.

Haha, we only a got one week (because our college decided to be mean) and got told we'd be put on academic review if we didn't go in to at least 2 revision days :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 111
Original post by f1mad
Going beyond 4 hours right now is beyond ridiculous.

Good luck trying to keep that up when exam-period begins.

Exam period? We're virtually five weeks away from exams.
Reply 112
Original post by DJkG.1
Geeezzz I know this is TSR but some of you, wow.

I did 1-2 throughout for GCSEs - A-levels in every vacation (except the first 2 half terms), very little (necessary homework) after school and virtually no work at weekends (during term).

That means you basically started in Easter which everyone is practically doing..
Reply 113
Original post by Kravez
Exam period? We're virtually five weeks away from exams.

Oh the horror :lol:.
Reply 114
Original post by f1mad
Oh the horror :lol:.

Horror? I'm actually calm even though I haven't started any form of work yet.
Reply 115
Original post by Kravez
Horror? I'm actually calm even though I haven't started any form of work yet.

And I care because?

I didn't pose a question...
Reply 116
Original post by Kravez
That means you basically started in Easter which everyone is practically doing..

huh?
Reply 117
Original post by DJkG.1
huh?

Spoiler

First two half terms - one in October, and another in February.
Reply 118
Original post by f1mad
And I care because?

I didn't pose a question...

Spoiler

My point is that nobody cares about your input on how many hours one should be doing per day.
Reply 119
Original post by EffKayy
Really? 8-9 hours? :lol:

In my subjects we haven't finished the content yet and have perhaps a little bit left to do, and no i'm not going to self-teach - it's best if you just revise the topics you've done and tackle some pastpaper questions. 8-9 hours will NOT guarantee you A grades - trust me.

Yeah it actually is ridiculous, not the harsh reality. I got A's in my january modules and 2 months before my exams (i.e. nowish) I had covered around half the syllabus in school.

Actually self-teaching a few topics isn't a bad idea - especially if you have 9 AS exams in May like I do. Then again there isn't much time left to self-teach and revise everything so I guess leaving what hasn't been taught would be sensible.

Quick Reply

Latest