Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Minimum requirements

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Minimum requirements to apply for a graduate job or vacation programme state :

Our Requirements As a general rule, you'll be expected to meet the following requirements:
    - Minimum grade B GCSE* Maths
    - Minimum grade B GCSE* English
    - Minimum of 320 UCAS Tariff points (or 26 UCAS points)
    - Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline.
    - Please note, that we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-level grades and do not accept General Studies.

I will be a graduate obtaining a minimum 2:1 degree and hold the GCSE requirements; however I do not have any UCAS points.

This is due to completing the AAT course, rather than the traditional A level route. This also let me gain 4 years work experience.

Entry requirements for university stated a minimum of 300 UCAS points, but due to holding the AAT course I was accepted directly onto the second year of a degree in Accountancy & Finance.

Based on this information, would I still be eligible to apply?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Good afternoon,

Thank you for your question.

We would advise candidates who have completed professional examinations to always confirm this on their application forms. Although we ask for UCAS points, we also accept equivalent qualifications so please detail qualifications to date when you submit an application.

I hope this helps?

All the best,

Lizzie.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was just a bit wary as I wasn't sure if the AAT qualification would be counted as an equivalent.

Just for clarification, are you saying i can apply as long as I state the professional qualifications I hold?

Thank you for your reply,

Duane
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi Duane,

Thanks again for your question.

Anyone is eligible to apply for a position at KPMG; it is the choice of the individual whether or not to submit an application. All applications are screened by a member of our Graduate Recruitment team who will make a decision whether or not to progress a candidate to the next stage of our process based on our minimum requirements.

UCAS do not have a natural conversion for AAT. Level 3 is equivalent to approximately 160 UCAS. points. The equivalent of 320 UCAS points must be met; this does not need to be exclusively be made up through A-levels.‎
    Good luck!

Thanks,

Lizzie.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.