Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I right to be annoyed at my friends?

Announcements Posted on

Ok so basically I moved to Uni last September, and my 3 closest friends stayed where they were. My parents also moved form where we used to live, so I have no family there. Since I've moved to Uni, i've gone to see him about once every six weeks on a four hour journey to see them for a weekend. Then they mentioned last month that it was about time they came up to visit. I was obviously really happy at this as they hadn't been to visit me at Uni yet and told them I'd let them know when a good time would be. So anyway I told them the last weekend of the month would be a good time as my last exam would be finished. However they then turned around and said they couldn't really ask for it off work at the weekend as it wouldn't be fair to the bosses, and could they come down during the week instead, but I said they couldn't cause of the exam. They then went on to say it would be better seeing as they don't have any money anyway, if I just came down. We kind of just left it at that and i haven't arranged to go back down yet, but i'm left feeling slightly annoyed that they haven't been to visit me once (I know it's quite far but i've travelled down loads and I get the megabus which would also be cheap for them...) Furthermore, I find out yesterday that they have gone to stay with their OTHER friend who lives 2 hours away for a few days..and are currently on a night out. Am I right to be annoyed at this when they said they didn't have the money to come up and see me?

P.s. they don't actually know i'm annoyed, I'm basically wondering whether i should confront them about it, or whether since we live quite far apart it's just best to let it slide.

bump
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Don't see why its a big issue...
    Yes they haven't been huely flexible but they all have jobs and have to co-ordinate when all of them are free
    but at the same time why didn't you suggest the week after you exam when they can come during the week?

Just invite them again, give a choice of dates- weekends and weekdays, accept you're all at an age now where its hard to find time everyones free, your other friend probably invited them at a time they all happened to be free. Simple as that.

(Original post by tigger01)
    Don't see why its a big issue...
    Yes they haven't been huely flexible but they all have jobs and have to co-ordinate when all of them are free
    but at the same time why didn't you suggest the week after you exam when they can come during the week?

Just invite them again, give a choice of dates- weekends and weekdays, accept you're all at an age now where its hard to find time everyones free, your other friend probably invited them at a time they all happened to be free. Simple as that.
    They basically said they wanted to come down right at the end of Uni, so there is not time for them to come visit now until I'm in second year lol. After that weekend I've come to a relatives for a month where they can't really visit and I'm only going back to Uni for four days to do my exams. I guess I was just mainly annoyed that they were able to make a trip for their other friend and not for me, even though I make the effort all the time. Thanks for your advice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the trip to see the other friend was a spurr of the moment thing, they might have been invited when they just so happened to be free and have the money. I wouldn't take it personally.
    Having said that its not really fair for them to expect you to be going down there all the time, if it carries on next year then maybe you should say something about it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.