Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you floss every day?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: Do you floss everyday?
    Yes
    16.44%
    No
    83.56%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    or use interdental brushes or basically just clean between your teeth, I know its a little bit of an odd question, but hey.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I do it at least once every 2-3 days - I think it's much more effective than brushing for getting plaque out, actually.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Never flossed in my life.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Floss? :eek:

It's a slippery slope, this hygeine biz. First you start flossing, then next thing you know you'll be having baths and showers, and before you know it you're changing your pants! It's the thin end of the wedge!! :mad:
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Every 2 or 3 and days when I ate the kind of food that gets stuck.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    these are kind of the results I was expecting, makes me feel a bit better, but I do look after my teeth honest!
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never flossed before.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I try to but normally forget/ can't be bothered.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I floss every couple of days.
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't floss at all (I had tried in the past but didn't really like it, I always got scared when the string got stuck as it was a very tight squeeze getting them between my teeth. It put me off), however since then I've had problems with my front teeth and my dentist immediately said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my brushing, it is the fact that I need to floss waaaay more. Now I do it twice a day.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't kiss a mouth unflossed - people need to floss more it's crucial for a good hygiene if you don't want to lose your teeth at 35!

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do it every 2 or 3 days. the combination of brushing 2-3 times a day along with listerine is enough to leave my teeth squeaky clean. along going to the dentist for check ups. i had my check up 2 weeks ago and he sent me to the hygienist ... she literally was one minute just giving me a professional clean. she said my teeth were really good

i love the minty floss tastes nice

i know everyones teeth are different. mine are very close together no gaps. i never get food stuck in between my teeth and some people do.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I floss most days, since I eat apples and other fruit most days and I always get bits stuck in my teeth
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If the dentist asks - 'Oh yes, I never deviate from my daily flossing routine!'

Anyone else- Nope.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightingale)
    Wouldn't kiss a mouth unflossed - people need to floss more it's crucial for a good hygiene if you don't want to lose your teeth at 35!

I doubt that would happen, brushing your teeth twice a day should be sufficient enough.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    never...no point.. it's called toothpaste and mouthwash.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    I doubt that would happen, brushing your teeth twice a day should be sufficient enough.
    It isn't - there are small enough bits of food that get between your teeth. Try flossing after you brush your teeth and you'll see stuff on the floss.
    I live with a dentist so I'd know this.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrozenBeak)
    never...no point.. it's called toothpaste and mouthwash.
    Yes there is point - read my prev post.
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    yh.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've just started to, it's very unpleasant and annoyingly fiddly work.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.