Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you floss every day?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: Do you floss everyday?
    Yes
    16.44%
    No
    83.56%

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzy890)
    Once a day is still good :yep: If I lack time I will just make sure to do it at night because that's after I have had food during the day.
    You should only floss once a day otherwise you might agitate the gums which can lead to further problems.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't floss at all, the idea of it makes me shudder, isn't it painful???? I brush and use mouthwash and I only have 2 fillings and am normally in and out the dentists in 5 mins with a checkup so I dunno if floss is even really necessary?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc:))
    I don't floss at all, the idea of it makes me shudder, isn't it painful???? I brush and use mouthwash and I only have 2 fillings and am normally in and out the dentists in 5 mins with a checkup so I dunno if floss is even really necessary?
    Why would it be painful? Is it painful when you touch your gums? If not, then there shouldn't be a problem because all you are doing is gently rubbing along the teeth and gum to coerce remnants of food out.

The very fact that you have 2 fillings would suggest that something is, or was, wrong with your oral hygiene routine.

I spend:

5-7 minutes brushing my teeth
    10 minutes flossing
    3-6 minutes cleaning my tongue

Whenever I go to the dentist they always comment on how well I look after my teeth, which is an endorsement for my regime.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Yes, you can prefer floss when required i.e., when you feel that small bits of food in your teeth. Not required daily.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    mate i dont even brush them everday
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infallible)
    Why would it be painful? Is it painful when you touch your gums? If not, then there shouldn't be a problem because all you are doing is gently rubbing along the teeth and gum to coerce remnants of food out.

The very fact that you have 2 fillings would suggest that something is, or was, wrong with your oral hygiene routine.

I spend:

10 minutes flossing

Whenever I go to the dentist they always comment on how well I look after my teeth, which is an endorsement for my regime.
    I'm sorry that is just mental... the dentist also tells me that my teeth are fine, and I spend no more than 7 minutes doing my teeth each morning and evening
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:

I spend:

10 minutes flossing
    :eek: Do you have OCD?

No it's not painful unless you have gingivitis then you'll agitate the gums. But if you've got a healthy mouth (which you seem to) then it's fine
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    do it carefully and no it isn't painful.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rac1)
    do it carefully and no it isn't painful.
    Hm maybe not I spose if people actually do it every day it can't be that bad, it's just one of those things that gives me the creeps, like nails on a blackboard u know?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hm maybe not I spose if people actually do it every day it can't be that bad, it's just one of those things that gives me the creeps, like nails on a blackboard u know?
    try interdental brushes
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightingale)
    Well well but plaque-induced gingivitis will build up - toothbrushes can't clean in between teeth like floss does.
    Are you a dentist? Cause what I'm saying is backed up by one.
    And I'm not 35 that number was just me tryina say 'you'll lose your teeth earlier'
    Speculation.

You're "backed up by" a dentist, yet you spout things like that?

:lol:.

You certainly will not lose your teeth if you do not floss, aslong as you brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes (an estimate for thoroughness) and have a reasonable diet (not one full of an excessive amount of sugar etc).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do it now and again but I hate the feeling I get afterwards which actually puts me off doing it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    7 days left for voting
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    :eek: Do you have OCD?

Erm, how would that be a sign of OCD? If I brushed my teeth several times (>2) a day, then you may have a point. As it is, I have a fairly ordinary oral regime.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Erm, how would that be a sign of OCD? If I brushed my teeth several times (>2) a day, then you may have a point. As it is, I have a fairly ordinary oral regime.
    I personally wouldn't call it "ordinary", so you do all of that twice a day? Impressive.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    I personally wouldn't call it "ordinary", so you do all of that twice a day? Impressive.
    No. I brush my teeth and clean my tongue twice a day, but floss once.

There is no reason to floss in the morning.

Edit: It might not be 'ordinary', but that's because British people have terrible oral hygiene.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The results were what I expected see those shiny white teeth

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.