Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MHoC Newspaper

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's been a proposal from Birchington to start up a HoC Newspaper and so as requested, I'm starting this thread to progress the idea further.

I'll be watching with interest, and I hope we can make a go of it!
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to seeing it published!
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think we should establish a team, then a list of who's on it and what they are doing:

Editor:
    Design Editor:
    Content Editor:

Writing Team
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    So will this be monthly or more regular?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I say we include a representative from each party - they have column, say what they are up to and things like that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Interesting idea. Can't wait for it to be published!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    I say we include a representative from each party - they have column, say what they are up to and things like that.
    I was just thinking this.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:

I volunteer.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's been done before and many people pledged to write articles, but didn't unfortunately (though not necessarily the same people as here). I'm not saying that it won't work, but I'm sceptical about it and so won't be volunteering for this first issue, but I'll wait to see how it goes.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    i
    Perhaps we could have different rep from the party each month/week however often its done. People could submit questions about that dept which would be answered in the column maybe?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    That would be good to keep each party involved and active too (hopefully).
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course by "each party" you also mean independents.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Of course by "each party" you also mean independents.
    They should be only optional, so if you wish to write an article, be my guest
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to see the purpose of it. Does it have a goal? Is it to inform? Entertain? Proletyse to the unwashed masses thus far uninvolved? I think we need to decide that before working out whether it's 1) desirable 2) anyone wants to do it and 3) any of the practical questions that've been raised.

For example, I scarcely see the point of a paper to inform. The only people that'd read it are those that already know.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    For example, I scarcely see the point of a paper to inform. The only people that'd read it are those that already know.
    In that case its primary function would be to provide opinion, arguments and the like. Informing people of the contemporary debates as a way of saving them time.

It could also include an element of speculation/rumour. RL parliament has Guido to keep it on its toes.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    I'm struggling to see the purpose of it. Does it have a goal? Is it to inform? Entertain? Proletyse to the unwashed masses thus far uninvolved? I think we need to decide that before working out whether it's 1) desirable 2) anyone wants to do it and 3) any of the practical questions that've been raised.

Yes I agree with that entirely. As I've said above, it's been done before and didn't work. I don't understand why it will work now. I'm sceptical about it, but if it works, then I may also write for it if allowed. Until it looks viable though, I'm not going to do so though.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if no one is keen for an official newspaper, maybe we can just have a weekly locked news thread going out on a Monday morning. MPs can PM the chosen Editor beforehand then the Editor can compile all of the notices into one forum thread?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd be very interested in writing a column for the newspaper if this project goes ahead. I'll subscribe to this thread and see if the idea takes off.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have one member from each party say why their policies are better etc. And have a debate section in the newspaper, with a summary at the end of the debate etc.

Get everyone reading it, not just the party members

Lol have a political horoscope *joke*.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 26, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.