Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MHoC Newspaper

Announcements Posted on
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    My conclusion is that there are two possibilities:

1) JPKC hacked into the tsrhocnews email account, downloaded the legitimate document and modified it, deleted the original email and sent a new email with his own false document. He also changed the password reset email address to his own and reset the password on Monday 23rd to prevent anyone else logging in.

2) RoryS created a legitimate document on the 16th, then modified it on the 19th and changed a setting in MS Word/Windows to make it look as if JPKC had saved it. He then sent that version on the 19th. This possibility also requires that RoryS knew what JPKC's email address was and changed the password reset email address to that. RoryS then changed the password of the gmail account on Monday, but is lying when he claims not to know what it is.
    Number 2 would only work if he could log into JPKC's email in the first place, you have to confirm don't you? so JPKC is the culprit here.

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    This is going to be ****ing hilarious.
    Game, set and match. What a ****ing farce. Kudos to whoever pulled this one off, absolutely brilliant.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good work Metrobeans, exemplary investigative work :holmes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good work. Look forward to the reaction and getting this thing done :holmes:
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Metrobeans PI, good work.

The reactions to these latest developments will be interesting.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Report posted above.
    Fantastic job - it looks like my claim that JPKC did it isn't as ridiculous as it sounds, although it was still wrong to wildly accuse him at the time.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good work. I could not stop staring at seconddocument.png, though. Surely, one can not be that stupid so I am even inclined to believe that JPKC was framed (he is not exactly beloved, is he?).

So there is also the possibility of someone else accessing the GMail account, doing all that, intentionally adding obvious “JPKC” as the Last saved by user and knowing of JPKC's Twitter account, setting the recovery address to be e.g. JP.KC (Google reveals only the first letter). The question is whether JPKC really uses hotmail.co.uk (the third person could use the newly created e-mail address to register an account on TSR, although that is less probable) and if so, how would the third person know it? One possibility is that he has previously sent an e-mail to JPKC through TSR, to which he replied, hence revealed his e-mail address; he could have also mentioned it.

I think that anyone including myself could have done it although going by Occam's razor, for example, the first conclusion by Metrobeans is the most probable. However, that is how people are framed – we disbelieve the more complicated possibilities. As to the investigation procedure, you could have asked JPKC to send you something written in a Word document before announcing the conclusion and providing the evidence. It could have been checked whether his Windows user name is really JPKC.

It is an interesting moral ******* to solve.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    The potential consequences are huge.
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Good work. I could not stop staring at seconddocument.png, though. Surely, one can not be that stupid so I am even inclined to believe that JPKC was framed (he is not exactly beloved, is he?).

So there is also the possibility of someone else accessing the GMail account, doing all that, intentionally adding obvious “JPKC” as the Last saved by user and knowing of JPKC's Twitter account, setting the recovery address to be e.g. JP.KC (Google reveals only the first letter). The question is whether JPKC really uses hotmail.co.uk (the third person could use the newly created e-mail address to register an account on TSR, although that is less probably) and if so, how would the third person know it? One possibility is that he has previously sent an e-mail to JPKC through TSR, to which he replied, hence revealed his e-mail address; he could have also mentioned it.

I think that anyone including myself could have done it although going by Occam's razor, for example, the first conclusion by Metrobeans is the most probable. However, that is how people are framed – we disbelieve the more complicated possibilities. As to the investigation procedure, you could have asked JPKC to send you something written in a Word document before announcing the conclusion and providing the evidence. It could have been checked whether his Windows user name is really JPKC.

(Original post by Life_peer)

So there is also the possibility of someone else accessing the GMail account, doing all that, intentionally adding obvious “JPKC” as the Last saved by user and knowing of JPKC's Twitter account, setting the recovery address to be e.g. JP.KC (Google reveals only the first letter). The question is whether JPKC really uses hotmail.co.uk (the third person could use the newly created e-mail address to register an account on TSR, although that is less probably) and if so, how would the third person know it? One possibility is that he has previously sent an e-mail to JPKC through TSR, to which he replied, hence revealed his e-mail address; he could have also mentioned it.

The bit about Hotmail was checked.

So for someone else to have framed JPKC, they would have had to know his email address, which as you say, would have meant they either:

Sent him an email which he responded to, thus revealing his email address or received his email address as he had sent it to them.

They then would have had to create another email account on Hotmail, using the same format as the original.

With regards to getting another Word Document, I considered it, but it wouldn't have proved anything either way as it could have been changed before it was sent to me.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Moriarty you fiend!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    With regards to getting another Word Document, I considered it, but it wouldn't have proved anything either way as it could have been changed before it was sent to me.
    Assuming that he has not left his user name in the document deliberately to be caught, there is a major chance than he has been unaware of its presence, therefore it is logically unlikely for him to alter the information the second time. If he wanted to be caught, he would not alter it on purpose again.

(Original post by JPKC)
    Moriarty you fiend!
    Do you confess?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've submitted a statement, as an MP, to the Speaker clarifying by response to this situation. Hopefully it will be made public as quickly as convenience allows.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    The potential consequences are huge.
    Really?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    I cant believe that this is still going on.Whoever has done this to DavidMarsh01 should be uter ashamed of themselves.I might not always agree with the Labour Leaders political issues sometimes and what he strongly believes in however i do have the upmost respect for him and every political party and their respective leaders.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizardtop)
    I cant believe that this is still going on.Whoever has done this to DavidMarsh01 should be uter ashamed of themselves.I might not always agree with the Labour Leaders political issues sometimes and what he strongly believes in however i do have the upmost respect for him and every political party and their respective leaders.
    See resignation post.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    lol
    This.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, can we now make discussion after this post solely about the actual newspaper and no more on JPKC and his antics? I think enough has been said & debated.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Right, can we now make discussion after this post solely about the actual newspaper and no more on JPKC and his antics? I think enough has been said & debated.
    Certainly. I'll kick this off. What are your plans for the second edition of this newspaper?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any chance of me being able to do an interview for the next edition?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 26, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.