Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

MHoC Newspaper

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully there is going to be a great Political Satire section in this paper. I think we'd all love that.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    QFA
    Would you be willing to take up the mantle of editor?
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Would you be willing to take up the mantle of editor?
    I would love the opportunity, if the rest of the House wants me to do it.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you should because it was your idea and I think you'd do a great job. How can we formally decide this?

Maybe wait a few days to just see if any more nominations pop up and then vote if they do.

(Original post by Metrobeans)
    QFA
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    I think you should because it was your idea and I think you'd do a great job. How can we formally decide this?

Maybe wait a few days to just see if any more nominations pop up and then vote if they do.
    If no-one else shows an interest by Wednesday, I could put up a poll with a question along the lines of: "This Houses approves the choice of Birchington as Editor of the MHoC Newspaper".
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    If no-one else shows an interest by Wednesday, I could put up a poll with a question along the lines of: "This Houses approves the choice of Birchington as Editor of the MHoC Newspaper".
    That would work.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you'd be a great editor. I'm happy for you to lead this, I'm also willing to give you a hand.

What do you think about my idea to use a Word Doc in Google Docs Birchington?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for you being editor.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    No point. It'll have to shut down every time Labour get into power.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Ohh stop being so negative.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    What would be the benefit? I can hardly imagine getting more information than I get now by reading the forum.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, we could have a cartoon/humour section plus, our important Private message notices can be put into their, we can have items/ideas from MPs and maybe have news from RL Parliament in London.

There's lots of potential if people are willing to produce it.

You can also put creating a decent newspaper onto your CV?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cant remember if I ever said i'd actually do it, so just to make sure I'm onboard :P
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    You can also put creating a decent newspaper onto your CV?
    I didn't think of it like that... But yes, that would be good!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I fully support Birchington becoming Editor-In-Chief and I am happy to be interviewed etc
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is plenty of humour on the Internet and it does not take much time to read the main web page of a serious British newspaper, possibly even watch BBC Parliament, however if Birchington wants to do it, there is no point in obstructing it, I agree, though I wonder how new the news will be, given the expected period of issuance.

I would like to see it succeed after the last rather pitiful try so good luck!
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the support guys! I have created an email address, where you can send content: tsrhocnews@gmail.com.

I've also created a Dropbox account where you can access and store your contributions. I hope this will make contributing as easy as possible. To find this, just go to Dropbox.com and log on with email: tsrhocnews@gmail.com, and password: politics2012.

I'm hoping to design it in a style similar to the 'i' newspaper - a mix of fact and fun without being too dull or long-winded.

It can be distributed as a PDF once a month initially and hopefully more frequently if we have enough content.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the support guys! I have created an email address, where you can send content: tsrhocnews@gmail.com.

I've also created a Dropbox account where you can access and store your contributions. I hope this will make contributing as easy as possible. To find this, just go to Dropbox.com and log on with email: tsrhocnews@gmail.com, and password: politics2012.

I'm hoping to design it in a style similar to the 'i' newspaper - a mix of fact and fun without being too dull or long-winded.

It can be distributed as a PDF once a month initially and hopefully more frequently if we have enough content.
    What sort of contributions are you looking for?
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anything you like! Articles, interviews, comments. Whatever you can contribute will be appreciated.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 26, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.