Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

MHoC Newspaper

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacCuishy)
    What about the Monthly MHoCing? (pronounced mocking)
    That's good. It could be used for the humour section.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be contacting those who put themselves forward for an interview today via PM hopefully unless I get caught up with other stuff.

None of the volunteers will be in the first Issue as we're doing the Prime Minister & Leader of the Opposition unless things change.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    I'll be contacting those who put themselves forward for an interview today via PM hopefully unless I get caught up with other stuff.

None of the volunteers will be in the first Issue as we're doing the Prime Minister & Leader of the Opposition unless things change.
    I'm willing to do an interview as DPM and leader of TSR UKIP, but obviously that won't be in the first issue. Thought I'd let you know though.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I'm willing to do an interview as DPM and leader of TSR UKIP, but obviously that won't be in the first issue. Thought I'd let you know though.
    Thank you Toronto. Party leaders will be immediately after Issue 1.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Thank you Toronto. Party leaders will be immediately after Issue 1.
    we should have a letters page and/or "Points of View" section
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    we should have a letters page and/or "Points of View" section
    I agree. Cue letters from "Annoyed" in London which will be written whilst pulling this face:

Spoiler:
    Show
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an idea for an article, what would the maximum length in terms of word count be?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I agree. Cue letters from "Annoyed" in London which will be written whilst pulling this face:

Spoiler:
    Show
    "I am writing to complain about the lack of jokes in the MHoCing section, I found some of the supposed puns utterly crass and unfunny!"
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I am writing to complain about the lack of jokes in the MHoCing section, I found some of the supposed puns utterly crass and unfunny!"
    Something like that :cool: Except the part about the puns. If anything there should be more
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, I've now PM'ed the Prime Minister & Leader of the Opposition regarding Interviews. I'm awaiting the announcement of the Member of the Term (14th Parliament) so I can then PM that person regarding an interview for the new newspaper.

(Original post by Birchington)
    QFA
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    QFA
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    QFA
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    QFA
    If any of you have anything to submit to the paper this evening, please email them to tsrhocnews@gmail.com

I'll be getting a thread up tomorrow probably regarding submissions to the paper.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Right, I've now PM'ed the Prime Minister & Leader of the Opposition regarding Interviews. I'm awaiting the announcement of the Member of the Term (14th Parliament) so I can then PM that person regarding an interview for the new newspaper.

If any of you have anything to submit to the paper this evening, please email them to tsrhocnews@gmail.com

I'll be getting a thread up tomorrow probably regarding submissions to the paper.

what sort of articles are you looking for? Ive got most of my school stuff that needed doing out of the way so I could do a quick one for you maybe...
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)

You're very pro-active for a newcomer, did Birchington appoint you deputy editor?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    what sort of articles are you looking for? Ive got most of my school stuff that needed doing out of the way so I could do a quick one for you maybe...
    Anything MHoC related or RL Politics related. You could do an article on the stories in real life Parliament or talk about what's been discussed in the forum recently. Anything - if you're unsure whether it fits the bill, let me know. Once done, email it to tsrhocnews@gmail.com

(Original post by JPKC)
    You're very pro-active for a newcomer, did Birchington appoint you deputy editor?
    I am proactive, not so much in the debating side of things as I get lost in all the debate/conversation eg Syria stuff & Immigration. Birchington did appoint me Deputy Editor. I'm doing content, he's doing design.

Would you be interested in putting something into the newspaper JPKC? Email it to tsrhocnews@gmail.com and we will take a look.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    I am proactive, not so much in the debating side of things as I get lost in all the debate/conversation eg Syria stuff & Immigration. Birchington did appoint me Deputy Editor. I'm doing content, he's doing design.

Would you be interested in putting something into the newspaper JPKC? Email it to tsrhocnews@gmail.com and we will take a look.
    Has anyone contributed anything so far?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Has anyone contributed anything so far?
    Nope, not yet.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Nope, not yet.
    Im gonna try finish an article on Ken Livingstone's manifesto tongiht, should be able to send it today or some time tommorow
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoryS)
    Nope, not yet.
    Oh, OK. I don't mind proof-reading articles, and there's going to be a political humour section.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna try finish an article on Ken Livingstone's manifesto tongiht, should be able to send it today or some time tommorow
    Great, I'll look forward to it

(Original post by JPKC)
    Oh, OK. I don't mind proof-reading articles, and there's going to be a political humour section.
    I'd appreciate more if you could submit some political jokes or pictures for the humour section. If there's an overload of proof reading, I'll PM them to you JPKC.

Thanks guys.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    How is the newspaper coming along then?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 26, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.