im seriously considering turning into a maneater because im sick of men

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by alice4thamoon
Think you're going for the wrong guys. Not all guys are a holes

I agree!!
Reply 41
Maybe. It's a two way thing. If the boyfriend did something dickish I'd think "why does he feel the need to do this?" and work out a way to sort it out, or just call it a day. But it would be totally out of character.

Stop being bitter and not letting me have my pleased moment :smile:

There are some things that can't really be sorted...and its usually in getting to the boyfriend stage that they become dickish, as with the OP.

Well it is naivety that leads to getting hurt in the first place...
Original post by redferry
There are some things that can't really be sorted...and its usually in getting to the boyfriend stage that they become dickish, as with the OP.

Well it is naivety that leads to getting hurt in the first place...

Yeah, naivety probably does. I think I went into the idea of relationships with the belief that they never work out but was pleasantly surprised. I still don't believe in a completely smooth happily-ever-after but as you get older I think the way you deal with things matures.

The getting to the boyfriend stage is hard work though, I agree. That's why it took me so bloody long haha. It takes many non-events to learn who to go for and how!
Reply 43
Yeah, naivety probably does. I think I went into the idea of relationships with the belief that they never work out but was pleasantly surprised. I still don't believe in a completely smooth happily-ever-after but as you get older I think the way you deal with things matures.

The getting to the boyfriend stage is hard work though, I agree. That's why it took me so bloody long haha. It takes many non-events to learn who to go for and how!

Well I went to uni thinking most guys were nice people (as opposed to most girls, who hate me), but no, even people you are close to as a friend can turn into a knob the minute you become romantically involved with them. The idea that it is only the obviously arrogant obviously dickish guys that can be cruel is so off the mark its unreal.
Well I went to uni thinking most guys were nice people (as opposed to most girls, who hate me), but no, even people you are close to as a friend can turn into a knob the minute you become romantically involved with them. The idea that it is only the obviously arrogant obviously dickish guys that can be cruel is so off the mark its unreal.

What happened?
Reply 45
What happened?

Everything. People are unkind. Especially to people they know aren't going to be dramatic about it.
Reply 46
Original post by Anonymous
So my ex boyfriend turned out to be a complete jerk- a liar, a cheat and just completely evil. Completely.

Then a new guy I met was all ''i really like you i just dont want a relationship''. After months of messing me around ''i wanna be with you'' ''i dont wanna be with you'' and me being the doormat he was walking all over, we finally agreed on being just friends. Doesnt stop him dating and then rubbing everything in my face, how hes potentially got this new girlfriend and how he really likes her. Lovely.

Then I meet another guy and we agreed to be friends with benefits. Im not in any way emotionally attached to him, except now he doesnt even bother talking to me. Well, whatever.

Then i went on a date with another guy- turns out he just wanted a **** buddy. Bye bye.

Then another guy. He always makes me do jobs for him, even when i was really ill he was like ''do this do that''. I spent hours doing something for him then he didnt even say thank you. He just talks to me when he wants something.

Then finally, I went on a date with an actual nice guy! He wasnt just after sex, he was a gentleman and a kind guy! But guess what? He didnt like me, didnt get back to me, so i just deleted his number.

All this in just a few months, so now im thinking all guys are scum. I know i shouldnt be thinking like this, but it really does seem like all guys are just after sex. Im the sort of girl that is 'relationship material'- im kind, caring, really helpful, loyal and totally committed. Im still a virgin, and it seems all the guys im meeting just want to get straight in my pants!

So ive just been thinking, why should i care about guys? Why dont i just play them all off each other like they do to me? Why dont i just mess everyone around and hurt everyone and use guys for my own pleasure when i want something?

More recently, im actually finding it difficult to have feelings for any guy. Even the guy that i was crazy about has been texting me about this 'new girl' even after everything he told me about liking me and not wanting a girlfriend, and i KNOW hes saying it to hurt me- but im not phased. Its like my heart has gone numb to everything.

Is this normal?

I've thought something similar before, but really I was just hurt, I think thats how you feel too. There are lots of lovely, kind men out there, you just need to keep looking. What you shouldn't do is let these men who don't respect you to treat you like rubbish.
Everything. People are unkind. Especially to people they know aren't going to be dramatic about it.

I don't really understand what happened to you exactly because you're being a bit cryptic haha... So I'll say I know it's a cliche but it's all a learning curve. You'll learn to read certain signs/personality types from this.
I completely see where you're coming from OP. I have been screwed over continuously for the last 5 years and I'd had enough. I started dating guys around for my own amusement, sometimes seeing more than 1 guy in the space of 24 hours, I have even conciously decided to make a guy like me then drop him. I have no respect for men because they have no respect for me and i'd rather pre-empt their rejection. Like you have said, my heart is also numb - I'm never going to find anyone I like as much as I loved my ex so I may as well have some fun before I'm old.

This is not something I'd ever admit to IRL, hence the anonymous.
Reply 49
I don't really understand what happened to you exactly because you're being a bit cryptic haha... So I'll say I know it's a cliche but it's all a learning curve. You'll learn to read certain signs/personality types from this.

HAHAHAHA you really are naive aren't you?!
Reply 50
Instead of going around hurting them all and like a lot of said behaving just as badly as them just have a break from them. Don't reply. Don't be a doormat. Just get on with being you for a while. Build yourself up and spend your time with your friends and just keep yourself busy.

Facebook block. Delete numbers.

Just be you without men for a while. The good ones will come.
Original post by Ebony19

They don't. I was completely 'man-free' for over a year - I had absolutely no romantic contact with men by my own decision. Another year has passed since then, the only ones that have come have been a**holes. If playing men off each other gives her amusement then why not?
They don't. I was completely 'man-free' for over a year - I had absolutely no romantic contact with men by my own decision. Another year has passed since then, the only ones that have come have been a**holes. If playing men off each other gives her amusement then why not?

Because that is a horrid thing to do and it will drive away any good guys. If you do that, you are being just as bad as those a**holes you dated.
Original post by KJ_the_crazy_chick
Because that is a horrid thing to do and it will drive away any good guys. If you do that, you are being just as bad as those a**holes you dated.

It's not driving anyone away, these guys are messing her around...why shouldn't she play them at their own game? if someone comes along who's worth her respect then that's another story.
It's not driving anyone away, these guys are messing her around...why shouldn't she play them at their own game? if someone comes along who's worth her respect then that's another story.

But it would drive people away. She would get a reputation for treating guys like ****! That would turn off any decent guy. No one deserves getting messed around but she does need to learn to walk away if a guy does treat her like ****. As they would carry on treating her more and more badly because she has never stood her ground to say this isn't on.
Original post by Ebony19
Instead of going around hurting them all and like a lot of said behaving just as badly as them just have a break from them. Don't reply. Don't be a doormat. Just get on with being you for a while. Build yourself up and spend your time with your friends and just keep yourself busy.

Facebook block. Delete numbers.

If the principle is that you should manage to be happy on your own, then yeah, I'm all for that. Everybody needs to be able to be single and happy.
But it's quite normal to want a bf/gf - regular sex, a best friend, all of it.. I know they say that love happens when you least expect it. Desperation will make guys back off, but then again the best guys don't come knocking on your door. If the OP wants to meet a man, which I believe she does deep down, she needs to work for it.
Guys want women whom are not totally dependent on them, but who still need them in some way. There is a reason why some career women remain single throughout their thirties - you're not drawn to someone so busy that they seemingly don't have time for someone else in their lives. You need to be as social as possible, expand your social circle, go to bars but also lively restaurants, organize dinners or get togethers at home where you invite people and ask them to bring others. Go outside your own home as much as possible. And most importantly - learn how to flirt and communicate interest in a guy without just playing up the sexual stuff. It takes practice to do that - most girls 'flirt' by wearing something low cut or stick their butt out. Of course you need to be sexual and show that, but I'm sensing the OP needs to sell herself better as someone who's hot AND has more to offer. That takes a bit of practice, and it's better to just get out there. Your twenties are the only years available for learning and trying, at least if you want to get somewhere in the end.
Reply 56
I completely see where you're coming from OP. I have been screwed over continuously for the last 5 years and I'd had enough. I started dating guys around for my own amusement, sometimes seeing more than 1 guy in the space of 24 hours, I have even conciously decided to make a guy like me then drop him. I have no respect for men because they have no respect for me and i'd rather pre-empt their rejection. Like you have said, my heart is also numb - I'm never going to find anyone I like as much as I loved my ex so I may as well have some fun before I'm old.

This is not something I'd ever admit to IRL, hence the anonymous.

i seriously appreciate this post!!

This is exaclt what I want to be like and exactly what i look up to.

I dont love my ex- i hate him, but im sick of guys and ive started seeing more than one guy at a time. And i will literally text a guy to meet and if he cant i will text another guy straight after. Sometimes I will text all the 3 guys im seeing the exact same texts lol. And like you, ive started seeing more than one guy in the spce of 24 hours!

Maybe having a nunb heart is the best way for us :frown:
i seriously appreciate this post!!

This is exaclt what I want to be like and exactly what i look up to.

I dont love my ex- i hate him, but im sick of guys and ive started seeing more than one guy at a time. And i will literally text a guy to meet and if he cant i will text another guy straight after. Sometimes I will text all the 3 guys im seeing the exact same texts lol. And like you, ive started seeing more than one guy in the spce of 24 hours!

Maybe having a nunb heart is the best way for us :frown:

hey text me any time
Reply 58
Unlucky Girl grew to level 20!

What?! Unlucky Girl is evolving!

Unlucky Girl evolved into Maneater!

Maneater is attempting to learn Ball Crush, but cannot learn more than four moves. Delete an older move to make room for Ball Crush?

Maneater forgot B**tard Magnet and Maneater learned Ball Crush.
HAHAHAHA you really are naive aren't you?!

Mate I'm just trying to be polite and BS you so you feel better, as I can't deal with drama queens; the sort who fish for attention online by writing: "Life is so hard when people hurt you, I'm not going to elaborate but everyone give me blind sympathy" etc. Maybe when you grow the f*** up a guy won't get put off by your sense of martyrdom.

Everybody hurts love, but I've done that bit, moved on and found better. You'll move on too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending