Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

"Are you smarter than an atheist" quiz

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why it's called "are you smarter than an atheist" because most of the questions are just common knowledge. Though judging by my near perfect score I guess I am smarter than an atheist :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 27, but I find this pretty stupid, just because an atheist doesn't believe in god, doesn't mean they won't know about them.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    I thought that as well!!!! I put buddhism because that was the first that sprung to mind, but I'm certain most indian religions have nirvana as a philosophy!
    Both Buddhism and Hinduism do (I don't know about Sikhism and the other Indian religions). It's something that was drummed into my head at school back in the good old days of R.E.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    29/32

91%

Brought up as a Catholic but don't identify as anything anymore.

The quiz was incredibly insulting. 'Do you happen to know...' why would I not know??? Just ask the question! Also the format was irritating and the webpage lagged like anything.

And why was there nothing on Sikhism? Going by the options for most of the questions it would seem that the major world religions according to Americans are: Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Mormonism, Catholicism and Protestantism. Really annoyed me.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    29/32

The only ones I got wrong were the question on when the Sabbath starts (I put Saturday, but it starts on Friday; still as I understand it Jews traditionally consider the day to start at night so technically Saturday is equally valid because by Jewish tradition Friday night is Saturday), the first question on the U.S. Supreme Court ruling (why, as a European, would I know this?), and the First Great Awakening (a mainly Protestant American phenomenon).
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wait what.... I'm Christian and I never knew Catholics thought that the wine and bread of communion becomes the flesh and blood of christ... :lolwut:

oh, and dodged the ten commandments trick-question like a pro :cool:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Wait what.... I'm Christian and I never knew Catholics thought that the wine and bread of communion becomes the flesh and blood of christ... :lolwut:
    Are you protestant? I never liked the protestant interpretation. I was raised a Catholic and the Body of Christ in relation to the Eucharist at the Last Supper, where Jesus claimed this bread was his body, made perfect sense in comparison to we are the body of Christ because we follow Christ :teehee:
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    30/32 Slipped up on Maimonides being Jewish and the ruling by the US Supreme Court that the Bible can be used as an example of literature. Other than that pretty good really Most of the questions are just common knowledge really and the sort of questions that could come up in a pub quiz.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    24/32 which is pretty bad considering i went to a catholic school for 14 years...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 21/32 - the atheist average.
    Was kicking myself over some of the answers I gave though, and could have got 25+ if I was thinking proprly - don't know how Americans manage to average a mere 16/32, that's very low!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    24/32 and im an atheist
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    25/32. Can't believe I said Jesus was born in Nazareth rather than Bethlehem :facepalm2:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish they didn't tell you if you got it right or wrong until after you had done the whole quiz, makes it loooooooooooooong.

You answered 26 of 32 questions correctly for a total score of 81%.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    Are you protestant? I never liked the protestant interpretation. I was raised a Catholic and the Body of Christ in relation to the Eucharist at the Last Supper, where Jesus claimed this bread was his body, made perfect sense in comparison to we are the body of Christ because we follow Christ :teehee:
    Yeah I'm protestant, doesn't it strike you a bit weird to say it's the actual body and blood of christ..?

Communion is a symbolic gesture, not cannibalism? Or, on the flipside, Jesus wasn't made out of Hovis' finest
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
    25/32. Can't believe I said Jesus was born in Nazareth rather than Bethlehem :facepalm2:
    :awesome:

I was thrown by the question about public school teachers being unable to pray in classes, surely it wouldn't be illegal in a religious school (similar to a C of E in england?)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 31/32. :doh:
    A lot of it is about the US constitution... why would I know that, but I can see why American atheists would like to have that up their sleeves.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

I was thrown by the question about public school teachers being unable to pray in classes, surely it wouldn't be illegal in a religious school (similar to a C of E in england?)
    We don't have religious state schools.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm protestant, doesn't it strike you a bit weird to say it's the actual body and blood of christ..?
    I'm actually an atheist now (I was giving an account of my days as being a Catholic), and yes it does :teehee:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 12, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.