Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

"Are you smarter than an atheist" quiz

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    19 I technically didn't do R.E at school but talking to people from different religions and guessing got me my score :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    18 with a few lucky guesses in there

Not sure why there is a don't know option though when obviously that can't be the right answer.. may as well just guess
    To give yourself a more accurate picture of your own religious knowledge, guessing lots correctly doesn't mean you know lots about religious traditions. It's not like guessing in a multiple choice exam, where there is a benefit to yourself by having a score higher than what reflects your knowledge
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    30. Do you happen to know the name of the holy book of Islam?

A) Islam's Holy Book

B) The Bible

C) Qur'an

haha...they basically give you the answer.....though it is slightly disturbing that people only managed to get 14 on the test.

I got 1 wrong. I didn't know which preacher participated in the Great Awakening.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    29/32

Very Christian and American bias.

I would have loved more questions about Zoroastrian, Baha'i, branches of Islam, events in the Hindu Vedas, etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLantern1)
    I got 4/5 got bored.

SoI'm going to say 30/32

4/5 = 80%

80% * 32 = 25.6
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    31 questions out of 32 correct so yes, I am - unsurprisingly - smarter than an atheist.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    31/32

I did not know the answer to the Question about the Great Awakening

Also, the format of that quiz was awful.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceezmad1)
    29/32

Very Christian and American bias.

I would have loved more questions about Zoroastrian, Baha'i, branches of Islam, events in the Hindu Vedas, etc.
    It's in the Christian Science Monitor, what did you expect?!

As for people going 'Christian and Science in the same phrase?! Ho ho ho' - it's a kind of Protestant denomination founded relatively recently in Massachusetts. The CSM isn't entirely religious though and is actually seen as the most influential liberal paper in some southern states. Which I find pretty funny/horrifying but there you go. Christian Scientists have quite different beliefs to other Christian denominations, if you want to know more go ask Wikipedia. No, I'm not a Christian Scientist, and no, I can't be bothered even beginning to get into why I know so much about Christian Science.

Edit: 28/32 for me, not too bad.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    20/32
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceezmad1)
    4/5 = 80%

80% * 32 = 25.6
    Yeah but I know that had I gone further I wudda got 15/16

So you see the logic?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's a science quiz on that site. 50 questions. One of them was something like "How old is the Earth? a) 6015 years, b) 4.5 millions years, c) 4.5 billion years". Thankfully, the author of that quiz has some brain cells...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got 30 and I'm an atheist. I hope they don't use that quiz to say that it's only christian people answering it.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    24. Not bad for a through and through Atheist
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    25. Agnostic. Need to learn my Christanity..or maybe I don't! but seriously :
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuclearFusion)
    To give yourself a more accurate picture of your own religious knowledge, guessing lots correctly doesn't mean you know lots about religious traditions. It's not like guessing in a multiple choice exam, where there is a benefit to yourself by having a score higher than what reflects your knowledge
    Yeah I guess it makes sense, but honestly who is actually going to choose the 'don't know' option for everything they aren't 100% sure of?
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    30/32
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    Disagree with their definition of agnostic.
    25/32. Solid first:p:
    15/32.Agnosticism is not being sure whether god exists-this is taught at GCSE so there is no disagreement that is the definition.
    • 61 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenLantern1)
    Yeah but I know that had I gone further I wudda got 15/16

So you see the logic?
    the early questions are the easiest-i was getting them all right and then got most of the later ones wrong.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    the early questions are the easiest-i was getting them all right and then got most of the later ones wrong.
    And, fortunately for me, that is the difference between me and you.

I'm joking; after that GCSE thing I have some vendetta against you; which I really shouldn't so sorry mate!
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    30/32 beatches be calling me jezus

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 12, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.