Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Are you smarter than an atheist" quiz

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    Yeah I guess it makes sense, but honestly who is actually going to choose the 'don't know' option for everything they aren't 100% sure of?
    Guess it's for people like me who have no idea at all about most religious traditions
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    27/32 -_-
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    27/32
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    21/35

Pretty much average for atheist
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare~Bear)
    The website froze and now even when I start again it always says 18/32 but I only got up to about 25. I got 28/32 in the end.

I wouldn't have got any of the Mormon questions if it wasn't for the Amerian West unit in GCSE History.
    Haha same, I'd always wished we'd learned about the civil war instead of the 'The American West' and the 'History of Medicine' but actually came in useful (for the first time!) today.

Only got 23 right though, darned questions about the US court rulings. Those questions shouldn't have even been in there, it's a quiz about religion not about politics.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Haha same, I'd always wished we'd learned about the civil war instead of the 'The American West' and the 'History of Medicine' but actually came in useful (for the first time!) today.

Only got 23 right though, darned questions about the US court rulings.
    I found the american west dull but I liked the medicine topic.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love how it's 'Are you smarter than an atheist' instead of 'Are you smarter than a Jew or Mormon?

Talk about misleading.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    15/32.Agnosticism is not being sure whether god exists-this is taught at GCSE so there is no disagreement that is the definition.
    And at gcse we're taught electron orbitals go 2,8,8,18.., and that distributivity applies to everything. Knowledge does extend past GCSE y'know.
    The real definition is a belief that it's impossible to know, not being 'in the middle' as lots think. Check out the root words.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    29/32. Atheist. I didn't know the questions about the Jewish Sabbath, the "faith alone" question and the Great Awakening one.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuclearFusion)
    Guess it's for people like me who have no idea at all about most religious traditions
    Hah, with you on that one, but I still guessed most of them anyway (except the first, then I realised I was being silly putting 'don't know' )
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    30/32; not too sure on Protestant doctrine or Mamonides, it seems. I am quite shocked that the average score in America was so low, a lot of questions in that quiz were general knowledge more than anything else.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clare~Bear)
    I found the american west dull but I liked the medicine topic.
    Oh yes definitely.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    29/32 - not too bad, not too bad
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a 30/32. I don't know much about the Mormon religion (I'm still young I'll learn) and the question about public schools being permitted to read to us the Bible as literature I'm pretty sure isn't true. I'm in high school and the closest there was to "biblical literature" was chorus/band songs. But, hey, a 30s not bad for being a high school student
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    27/32 not bad I guess.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    25/32 OK I guess

"Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons are among the highest-scoring groups in a 32-question survey of religious knowledge by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. On average, Americans got 16 of the 32 questions correct. Atheists and agnostics got an average of 20.9 correct answers. Jews (20.5) and Mormons (20.3). Protestants got 16 correct answers on average, while Catholics got 14.7 questions right."

Suprised they didn't include all of America's 48543280489232 denominations.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    26/32 and I don't think I ever took RE seriously.

(Original post by NB_ide)
    See how you fare. I got 27/32. One Q in there I think is a bit odd but the rest are the kind of facts you might learn in RE/RS which, at least in my day, we all took in secondary school.
    Which question did you think was odd?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    24/32 - some quite lucky, some i simply had no idea like whats with the US school questions.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08rbut)
    I got 21/32, which i quite embarrassing being 1 of 5 students taking RS Longcourse at GCSE. Oh well
    :five:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like it how the very first question is about the Sabbath in the Ten Commandments.

Hopefully it will awaken some people to the fact this commandment must be kept too -- not just the other nine!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 12, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.