Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My band is now on itunes! For fans of...

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_master616)
    This did amuse me. One final thing before you stamp your feet and lick your wounds, where did I say I got bullied for my 'mental disorder'? This is all a bit personal for just an opinion I gave you. Bit childish and uppity really yet you self rightious? How cute.

Good day to you too Mr Grumpy
    What I meant to say but never got across was that it's easy to stamp any music as bland, literally any band or song you say I could say "it's bland". I was hoping for more constructive criticism than that, such as "this chord progression isn't the best" or "that guitar riff is okay but ____" or "the bassist isn't very good" etc, etc. Apologies.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverbySkyline)
    Got a youtube link or anything I can listen to!? I'm into a pretty wide range of music so there's a good chance I'd like your music =)
    www.reverbnation.co.uk/utgrock - some demo tracks there.

Ignore the singing - our singer was quite green back then - much better now, though we've not recorded in a while.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed it. It's probably not something that I'd get a craving to listen to but if it came on while my iTunes was on shuffle then I'd be quite happy to listen to it. And I'll probably head along to some of your gigs since you're local for me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Can I say to both of you to back off?
    The_master616 - OP has a point, all you needed to say was 'Not my kind of music' instead of attaching him for having the guts to put music on iTunes.
    SilverbySkyline - You took it far further than it should have gone. You could have just said 'Sorry my music doesn't appeal' or something along those lines..

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting is to ask how you get music onto iTunes. My mum has two CDs out, but you can't buy either as digital downloads, just wondering how you go about it...

Not my kind of music, but well done for getting this far.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    www.reverbnation.co.uk/utgrock - some demo tracks there.

Ignore the singing - our singer was quite green back then - much better now, though we've not recorded in a while.
    Yeah I can definitely get a black keys type vibe off your music! I think your music is really good, think you could do with getting a better quality recording though, might do you some favours!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can definitely get a black keys type vibe off your music! I think your music is really good, think you could do with getting a better quality recording though, might do you some favours!
    Couldn't agree more on that. We've got something in the works, but getting it all sorted is being a pain!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    PS I read that as "your music, is...like the bands you cite" so I'm taking that as a compliment! Also I checked your page and see you're into grunge and bands like megadeth, each to their own, but I would say they are very much bland. Again, this is my own opinion.
    Grunge??? I'd say Metal but hey-ho.

Anyways congrats on getting your music onto itunes; hope all goes well for you .
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty decent stuff actually. I mean, it sounds similar to stuff I've heard from bands who've already made it big in the same style. Decent guitarists/drummer/singer/lyrics etc, but I don't really listen to that kind of music too much right now. The start of 'Can't Stand a Second' reminds me so much of Good Charlotte. The start of 'Here's to you, kid' sounds Slipknotty to me. Actually after listening to it some more, I really quite like this stuff, and I could imagine listening to it more if I get back into this type of music. I stopped listening to rock kinda stuff a while ago, and I miss it. Gonna have to crack out some A7x soon!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Pretty decent stuff actually. I mean, it sounds similar to stuff I've heard from bands who've already made it big in the same style. Decent guitarists/drummer/singer/lyrics etc, but I don't really listen to that kind of music too much right now. The start of 'Can't Stand a Second' reminds me so much of Good Charlotte. The start of 'Here's to you, kid' sounds Slipknotty to me. Actually after listening to it some more, I really quite like this stuff, and I could imagine listening to it more if I get back into this type of music. I stopped listening to rock kinda stuff a while ago, and I miss it. Gonna have to crack out some A7x soon!
    Cool, thanks a lot for taking the time to listen, mate! Glad you enjoyed it! What music have you moved onto listening to now!?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Couldn't agree more on that. We've got something in the works, but getting it all sorted is being a pain!
    That's cool, fire me a message when you record again! I know it's probably out your way we but we use a studio called Clearwater Studios in Perth, pretty much all held together by one guy, Tom, who is 25 or something! He's really into it and great at what he does!
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's cool, fire me a message when you record again! I know it's probably out your way we but we use a studio called Clearwater Studios in Perth, pretty much all held together by one guy, Tom, who is 25 or something! He's really into it and great at what he does!
    We've got a mate who'll do it for free (2 tracks) then will charge if we want more. Honestly, for the gear he's got, the sound is fantastic.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thanks a lot for taking the time to listen, mate! Glad you enjoyed it! What music have you moved onto listening to now!?
    Pretty much anything from 1960 - 2000.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'm pretty excited as my bands 6 track EP called "Goodbye Olympus" just got put onto itunes! I really how it gets our music out there a bit more and allows us to reach a new fan base! This thread is a tad advertisement (as I'm sure you can tell!) but I guess there's no other way to get out there! You can check us out (for free) at www.facebook.com/silverbyskyline or download our tracks on itunes by searching silverbyskyline.

Thanks very much for reading this! If you have a band you want me to check out or add on facebook I will too, I know how hard wrangling fans can be o_0
    I actually really like your music; I surprised myself! I might buy when I redeem my card. Good job and good luck with this!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyFrench)
    Pretty much anything from 1960 - 2000.
    Ahh my friend used to like the same music as me but then became obsessed with oasis / AC/DC / Blur / etc etc, personally I'm more into modern music but I can see the alure of certain older artists!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquar)
    I actually really like your music; I surprised myself! I might buy when I redeem my card. Good job and good luck with this!
    Cool! I'm glad you liked it and thanks very much for taking the time to listen in the first place - veryyyyy much appreciated!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.