The Student Room Group

Will they still let me in even though

So i havent been in school for about 3 weeks cause i got an unconditional and suffered from extreme lack of motivation. Its not like i just sat around though i got myself a job. I had to hear back from one uni - glasgow cally.
Anyway i didnt think they would give me a conditional, or at least one that i could reach, but they did - get a c in physics.
Well its too late now because around two weeks ago i quit school.

Should i still select them as my choice (and have my unconditional for insurance) in the hopes that they will still allow me on their course even though i will be getting absolutley no grades this year - is there even a chance? Can i write to them or what?

Or do i just accept my unconditional and if i totally hate it i can maybe think about transferring to glasgow cally the following year (they are for the same course)?

Please i would really appreciate the help!:confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was going to say...

even though I murdered a couple of people and severed time....
Reply 2
Original post by Tunechi
I thought it was going to say...

even though I murdered a couple of people and severed time....

That's impressive. What instrument is required for this?
Reply 3
Original post by Roxas
That's impressive. What instrument is required for this?

A time machine, maybe?..lol was supposed to say served..
Reply 4
Your unconditional offer is only valid if you take the exams listed on your UCAS form anyway
Reply 5
TO THE PERSON ABOVE.. YOU ARE JOKING!? SERIOUSLY?

but they accepted me for the qualifications i already poses so why would it make a difference if i dont sit the final exams of the subjects i was doing now?
Reply 6
Original post by kimmacnee

but they accepted me for the qualifications i already poses so why would it make a difference if i dont sit the final exams of the subjects i was doing now?

Nope, they accepted you on the basis of the information on your UCAS form. If that changes the uni can change your offer - and suddenly not doing the exams is a big change. So you either take the exams or lose your offer.
Reply 7

Ring your unconditional and check, they have made a decision on what you put on your application, current grades and current study, and technically you are not now fulfilling this.
If they have given you an offer purely on the grades you currently hold then they will probably be ok with it, but if they have to find out later then they might take that as you trying to lie or cover it up and could remove the offer even if they would have been ok had you told them.
Reply 8
The person above is correct i'm afraid. Your unconditional is based on all the details of your UCAS form, so if you do not take the exams and qualifications you said you were, you won't meet your offer, conditional or unconditional. Look it up on UCAS- there are terms even to unconditionals- its only unconditional based on the information you gave. If you hadn't put the qualifications you were studying on your application, thats fine, but if you did, your unconditional includes those courses i'm afraid, it just means you don't have to get particular grades.
I dunno if you have a uni place anymore (well not if you can't take your summer exams) . . . Like Juno said, you have to finish your A-levels. Yes the offer was based on what you've already done, but also your predicted grades and what you put on your application, which has now changed as unis would have assumed that you would finish your studies.

Part of your application is to state what exams you're going to do this summer and they looked at this as part of your application. You need a-levels or equivilent for uni and at the moment you've only got ASes. Plus employers expect you to have a-levels.

And is it a proper unconditional or EE etc?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
So i havent been in school for about 3 weeks cause i got an unconditional and suffered from extreme lack of motivation. Its not like i just sat around though i got myself a job. I had to hear back from one uni - glasgow cally.
Anyway i didnt think they would give me a conditional, or at least one that i could reach, but they did - get a c in physics.
Well its too late now because around two weeks ago i quit school.

Should i still select them as my choice (and have my unconditional for insurance) in the hopes that they will still allow me on their course even though i will be getting absolutley no grades this year - is there even a chance? Can i write to them or what?

Or do i just accept my unconditional and if i totally hate it i can maybe think about transferring to glasgow cally the following year (they are for the same course)?

Please i would really appreciate the help!:confused:

Well, that was particularly stupid, wasn't it? Your unconditional is based on the information you put on your UCAS form; if that changes the university is perfectly entitled to change or remove your offer.

I'm sorry, but getting an unconditional, then simply dropping out of school because of a 'lack of motivation' and then hoping you can persuade another university to change their conditional offer to unconditional is frankly just dumb.
Reply 11
i am from scotland. the entry requirements for the course are BBB in highers. I already have ABBC in highers. It was a complete unconditional offer, it didn't state any further requirements to get in. I havent formally quit school (with the paper work etc) but with the time i have been off i will not be able to complete any classes!!!
Reply 12
i am from scotland. the entry requirements for the course are BBB in highers. I already have ABBC in highers. It was a complete unconditional offer, it didn't state any further requirements to get in. I havent formally quit school (with the paper work etc) but with the time i have been off i will not be able to complete any classes!!!

Well, if you can't complete your classes you can't go to uni.
Reply 13
Complete flippin' idiot.
Reply 14
well i have just got off the phone with them and they said that because it's an unconditional offer then i didnt need to get anything this year and that my offer still stands! Omg i know i am a complete idiot in retrospect!

THANK F**K FOR BEING IN SCOTLAND YAYYYYY :smile:

Why didn't you mention this at the start of the thread, it changes everything.

Most people on here are english so it made it sound like you'd only got ASes and quite half way through A2s, but like you said, you can get into unis with the quals you've already got. BUT in England you need full A-levels to get into most uni courses.

BUT like I said before, your offer is based around your application and your circumstances have changed. Especially if a uni finds out you quit because you can't be bothered carrying on, I doubt they'd be impressed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
well that was silly wasn't it ?
Reply 17
yeah the uni said that it was fine and the reason i quit school was so that i could save up some money. My dad earns around £41,000 a year so the gvt. thinks he can support me when i am at uni + the loan and the SAAS when he actually cannot support me so i need to save as much money as i can! Where i live tourist season starts end of march so i thought i should try and get a seasonal job asap because they go really fast.
why did you quit school?
Reply 19
if you look at my post right above yours you can see

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending