Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best way to remove hair ?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Myths and facts on Student Finance - on TSR from 2pm! 16-09-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have always shaved and my god its now doing my head in! It grows back in a few days and i dont think it agrees with my skin very well! Best Alternative ? ... I tried waxing once but it hurt like ****
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried hair removal cream?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, cream or epillation (sp?) are usually the other options.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^ Epilating legs hurts way more than waxing!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sandpaper works eventually
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stripe)
    Have you tried hair removal cream?
    yeah and its pretty poor. i used it on my legs and i didnt think it worked very well!

(Original post by Alexandra's Box)
    Yes, cream or epillation (sp?) are usually the other options.
    i heard epillation was reaaaally painful ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How about laser treatment? You would have to find somewhere good, like Silks in Bedford, otherwise the unexperienced but qualified people could burn you. Its quite expensive, but you would only need to go once, twice year. My mother goes and all you do when a few hairs turn up is shave and it won't grow back quickly.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hair Removal Cream or Waxing... I know waxing hurts but it can better
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08rbut)
    How about laser treatment? You would have to find somewhere good, like Silks in Bedford, otherwise the unexperienced but qualified people could burn you. Its quite expensive, but you would only need to go once, twice year. My mother goes and all you do when a few hairs turn up is shave and it won't grow back quickly.
    First of all... I'm condoning laser treatment but don't get the wrong idea from this post. You do NOT need to only go once or twice a year. you need to go for a course of treatments, no more than every 6 weeks, during which time it's recommended to shave as little as possible for the laser to have the greatest effect. Once you've had your course (6-8 treatments is recommended initially but if you have dark hair/high growth you'll probably need more), you tend to drift off to just top-up laser treatments of the once per year. during your course of laser treatments, you cannot sunbathe - if you do, you can't get the laser again and you risk permanent skin pigment discolouration (that's really more of a just to be aware thing, it's fine to be in the sun just don't go slapping the tan oil in 40 degree heat :P), you're also supposed to wear SPF every day of at least 15.

it is VERY expensive to get involved in... I've spent well over €1000 because it was on my face and I was very paranoid... However, it is absolutely amazing. Please do not take my post as being against laser, because it's not. I think it's an absolutely amazing thing, and you are left with virtually no hair - I just think you need to be prepared going into it: it takes time and QUITE a lot of money. In the long run you do save though because you don't need to buy razors, shaving cream etc, and also in the pure convenience of never having to do hair removal again, so I think it's worth it! I'd imagine for somewhere like your legs though, you'd spend QUITE a bit of money tho.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.