The Student Room Group

How can I get a flat stomach without starving myself?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lintu93
Lift weights and hit the crosstrainer for some HIIT. Eat more protein and less carbs. Replace fast carbs (white bread/pasta/etc) with wholemeal bread/pasta. Avoid alcohol. Good luck :smile:

Pasta is not a 'fast carb', it is a complex carbohydrate, meaning that this will give you longer lasting energy. This is needed for endurance exercise.
Reply 41
Original post by sconter
i dont think i've laughed harder today. thanks

Why? I'm studying sport so it's not bull **** like some others are talking..
Original post by sconter
sure, learn basic nutrition, and the laws of thermal dynamics. basic human biology would be useful too.

Wow, you're helpful. The poster obviously knows little about the subject and wants advice. If she knew the laws of basic nutrition etc she would have done it herself and wouldn't have posted - so instead of putting everyone else down who are genuinely trying to help you could outline what these laws are, seeing as you seem to know so much about the subject.
Original post by sconter
i dont think i've laughed harder today. thanks

Sconter, instead of condesendingly dismissing everything people have said can you give me YOUR suggestion...you must be an absolute expert in these matters to be able to shoot down every other piece of advice given.
Reply 44
Original post by Dimples18
Why? I'm studying sport so it's not bull **** like some others are talking..

depends on you definition of bull****. if you mean your principles, then largely they are correct, but it is hardly rocket science, if you want to improve you must progress. the substance of what you say was retarded.
Pasta is not a 'fast carb', it is a complex carbohydrate, meaning that this will give you longer lasting energy. This is needed for endurance exercise.

I'm guessing they meant choose wholemeal pasta over white pasta, which makes sense.
Reply 46
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Sconter, instead of condesendingly dismissing everything people have said can you give me YOUR suggestion...you must be an absolute expert in these matters to be able to shoot down every other piece of advice given.

Original post by redvinoandambien
Wow, you're helpful. The poster obviously knows little about the subject and wants advice. If she knew the laws of basic nutrition etc she would have done it herself and wouldn't have posted - so instead of putting everyone else down who are genuinely trying to help you could outline what these laws are, seeing as you seem to know so much about the subject.

im kind of loathed to because everything she has said makes me think every keystroke i make is wasted.

as far as i am aware the OP isnt intenting on losing fat, my comments you you were to aid you in future endevours.

without pics i can't help OP really.
Reply 47
Original post by sconter
depends on you definition of bull****. if you mean your principles, then largely they are correct, but it is hardly rocket science, if you want to improve you must progress. the substance of what you say was retarded.

Right okay if your such a SMART ARSE, come up with something better yourself. I was giving basic advice, better than you gave with all this 'thermal dynamic ****'. It's called putting it how others will understand, or are you just that up yourself that you don't understand that? I can't be bothered to waste my time on someone that clearly just wants to take the piss out of peoples advice, even when they study the bloody subject. Sort yourself out mate. You're PATHETIC.
Reply 48
Original post by MissLightyear
I'm guessing they meant choose wholemeal pasta over white pasta, which makes sense.

ah okay
Original post by sconter
im kind of loathed to because everything she has said makes me think every keystroke i make is wasted.

as far as i am aware the OP isnt intenting on losing fat, my comments you you were to aid you in future endevours.

In that case, if you have nothing helpful to say, please stop posting sarcastic things in reply to people who are genuinely trying to give advice :smile:
Reply 50
Right okay if your such a SMART ARSE, come up with something better yourself. I was giving basic advice, better than you gave with all this 'thermal dynamic ****'. It's called putting it how others will understand, or are you just that up yourself that you don't understand that? I can't be bothered to waste my time on someone that clearly just wants to take the piss out of peoples advice, even when they study the bloody subject. Sort yourself out mate. You're PATHETIC.

you study the subject, to what level?

something better? honestly? anything would be better, 10 sit-ups per day for 2 weeks then moving on to 15. if her physical limitations were such, she'd be bed ridden.
also since you do sports science you will know sit-up are bad for your back, and that spot fat removal is impossible. you would tell her the only way to lose fat is to consume fewer calories than your tdee.

edit: not to mention the workout has no structure, and makes no sense.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 51
In that case, if you have nothing helpful to say, please stop posting sarcastic things in reply to people who are genuinely trying to give advice :smile:

if a blind person pushes a wheelchair user into the road he isnt helping, despite all the best intentions in the world.
Original post by sconter
if a blind person pushes a wheelchair user into the road he isnt helping, despite all the best intentions in the world.

Well unlike in that scenario I doubt their 'intentions' are going to cause me much harm however misguided you believe them to be. Like I said, if you're all knowing then give me some sound advice...if not then leave me to my ignorant little world of sit-ups.
Reply 53
Well unlike in that scenario I doubt their 'intentions' are going to cause me much harm however misguided you believe them to be. Like I said, if you're all knowing then give me some sound advice...if not then leave me to my ignorant little world of sit-ups.

i need a pic to be able to help you
Original post by sconter

If "every keystroke is wasted" then why are you still commenting?
Reply 55
Original post by animalnitrate
If "every keystroke is wasted" then why are you still commenting?

im going to die, every breathe is wasted. nothing will be gained, except a few lulz
Original post by sconter
im going to die, every breathe is wasted. nothing will be gained, except a few lulz

Seriously...people still use the word 'lulz'.....:rolleyes:
Reply 57
Seriously...people still use the word 'lulz'.....:rolleyes:

people still use the word 'the'? man thats ****s ancient.
I'm just lolling at some of the comments on this thread, its not rocket science, more cardio and watch what you eat, forget sit ups and other such *******s
Reply 59
Original post by keepoffthelawn
lulz.. strong dedication.. good luck with your weight loss goals of 2012

The picture in your sig complements this comment perfectly :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest