Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drawing of God's messengers

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    sorry to say it but why is it that people who support free speech always make Islam their reason to say,"We want free speech" that sickens me a lot. Why did they (free speech lovers) come up this sooooo racist and anti-Islam day called Everybody Draw Mohammed Day. They can't spell the beloved's name properly and yet they draw pics like this. As a Muslim i feel sorry for them ?Just to think that the Prophet's likeness was coffee , Gambling, Pasta, Knitting. Omg. Drawing ANY beloved and honored Prophet of God including Jesus (p.b.u.h)is totally prohibited. http://www.askimam.org/hadith/hadith.php?hid=22

N/B no quotes or replies, read and move on thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ok so i got a thumbs down but i'am happy i got my message across
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Que?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bukhatir)
    why is it that people who support free speech always make Islam their reason to say,"We want free speech"
    Because they seem to think that they have the right to stop other people from drawing pictures of Muhammad. Fine, they aren't allowed to draw him - wtf makes them think that non-Muslims aren't?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why that jerk thumbed you down. This is really disrespectful. Muslims don't make fun of other religions. People should mind their own business and find something more useful to do with their lives.. doing a work of charity etc. Allah says "lakum dinakum wa lia din!" which means that i have my own religion and you have yours. Islam is a religion that people can embrace privately, saying that it doesn't not mean that it limits respecting non-muslims in anyway. The reverse is what is happening above. I took this very offensively as i am a muslim and i have many jewish, christian friends and we all respect each others religions and opinions.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    Because they seem to think that they have the right to stop other people from drawing pictures of Muhammad. Fine, they aren't allowed to draw him - wtf makes them think that non-Muslims aren't?

dude excuse my, but may i ask. Is it my specs or something cuz i'am releasing that for most of my threads you have this awkward addiction to get pass the swear filter.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is no set way to spell 'Mohammmad', it's spelled in quite a few ways, for example, 'Mohammed' or 'Muhammad'..
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really related, but I posted a stick-figure on a thread in TSR and called it Mohammed once.

I got the post deleted and received 5 warning points, so I can imagine people would want to point out this ridiculous sensitivity around this subject.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    dude excuse my, but may i ask. Is it my specs or something cuz i'am releasing that for most of my threads you have this awkward addiction to get pass the swear filter.
    Ad hominem much?

You point out that he bypassed the swear filter, but you haven't answered his question, he's asking why they think that non-Muslims should be subjected to Muslim laws and that they shouldn't be allowed to draw the prophet.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Politricks)
    There is no set way to spell 'Mohammmad', it's spelled in quite a few ways, for example, 'Mohammed' or 'Muhammad'..

• 9 followers

ReputationRep:

That's Arabic, of course in Arabic there's a set way to say his name, but in English there isn't.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)

well why the **** does non-muslim have to attack islam every time. . why cant they just ****ing leave them alone.

So what do non-muslims get out of drawing such ridiculous pictures of prophets. ? ? ? any pleasure ?? ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaaahSarah)
    I don't know why that jerk thumbed you down. This is really disrespectful. Muslims don't make fun of other religions. People should mind their own business and find something more useful to do with their lives.. doing a work of charity etc. Allah says "lakum dinakum wa lia din!" which means that i have my own religion and you have yours. Islam is a religion that people can embrace privately, saying that it doesn't not mean that it limits respecting non-muslims in anyway. The reverse is what is happening above. I took this very offensively as i am a muslim and i have many jewish, christian friends and we all respect each others religions and opinions.

soooo true. I totally agree with you. some stupid people just cant mind their own bussiness.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love Of My Life <3)
    well why the **** does non-muslim have to attack islam every time. . why cant they just ****ing leave them alone.

So what do non-muslims get out of drawing such ridiculous pictures of prophets. ? ? ? any pleasure ?? ?
    People drew the prophet Mohammad in response to events like the death of Van Gogh, who was murdered for drawing your prophet, Non-Muslims who took part in this event wanted to make a point to Muslims who feel that Non-Muslims have to be subjected to Islamic law and that they shouldn't be allowed to draw Mohammad that they're well within their rights to draw him.

Personally I'm more offended by Muslims who believe I'm going to burn in hell because I don't believe in their beliefs, despite being a generally good and kind person.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

http://www.adl.org/main_arab_world/a...rayal_jews.htm
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love Of My Life <3)

No, it's more to illustrate a point. In countries where Islam is not the state religion why should it be forbidden to draw pictures of Muhammad (peace be upon him (I'm not a Muslim but I'll say this out of respect))?

Generally, even in supposedly Christian countries, doing things that are against Christianity are met with less of a backlash than doing stuff which is against Islam. Cases in point are the woman (who was married to a Muslim!) recently being told to get rid of her extractor fan because Muslims were offended by the smell of bacon. There have also been numerous controversies where I live in the East of England relating to Christmas, Christmas trees too, and also renaming it 'Winter holiday' or something.

I hope this highlights why there may be a lack of balance here.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's a massive generalisation, I'm an atheist and I see some Sunni Muslims in my school making fun of the Shia Muslim practise of beating themselves in remembrance of Ali, and make fun of the Hindu belief that one of the many gods is a cow. You can't generalise all Muslims as tolerant and respectful of other people's beliefs, just like you can't generalise Christians as being hateful towards Muslims, because many of the Christians I see respect Islamic beliefs, and there are others who aren't so respectful.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only reason people draw him is to offend muslims, which is why it's not right. You can take your free speech and shove it because it doesn't exist, there are tons of things people (even people in america) aren't allowed to say or do.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Muhammad is one of the most influential people ever to have lived, without him the world would be a very different place. There are thousands of pieces of art that depict Muhammad from civilizations that no longer exist that again influenced the entire world. There are no valid reasons why people who are non Muslims should not be allowed to have images and likenesses of Muhammad.

What the hell makes you think Muslims have some kind of dominion over his character? He was an influential man that historians will study for a long time, if you don't want to see images then don't look. Trying to stop everyone else doing something because of your own beliefs is unacceptable.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to think that the Prophet's likeness was coffee , Gambling, Pasta, Knitting. Omg. Drawing ANY beloved and honored Prophet of God including Jesus (p.b.u.h)is totally prohibited. [/COLOR][/FONT]http://www.askimam.org/hadith/hadith.php?hid=22

N/B no quotes or replies, read and move on thanks
    Yes, the drawing of prophets is prohibited...in your religion. I don't follow your religion, I don't follow any religion, how often do you hear Hindus complaining that beef eaters such as myself are eating their holy animal?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.