Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any good powder recommendations?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I need some good powder recommendations to help set my makeup. I've heard good things about Laura Mercier's powder and I've also wanted to try MAC studio fix... however I've heard that MSF can cause break-outs. Has any tried any of these powders or are there any others that you'd recommend?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If you've got money to spare I'd go for the Chanel poudre universelle libre, it has a really nice finish. However I use the Natural collections loose powder from boots and it's fantastic and a bargain at £1.99. It has great reviews, too
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've tried MAC Studio Fix! It works really well and never caused my skin to break out, but it is very expensive (I think its around £20). I recently bought Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is, imo, a really good alternative and is only around £6... Hope this has helped!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try Body Shop Nature's Minerals. It's mineral makeup so even if your skin is really really sensitive and prone to breakouts, it'll still work like a charm. I've been using it for ages and it's amazing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The elf HD powder is excellent .. its just a translucent white powder, but doesnt make you look pale at all! its only £6 from their website and you get a lot of product. i have repurchased this 3 times now, i love it .
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rimmel Stay Matte in translucent!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    MAC prep+prime translucent powder
    Sleek luminous pressed powder - great and not too expensive (around £6)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Clinique invisible powder , keeps my make up intact for ages and doesn't make me look pale/shiny/orange
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Make Up For Ever HD Powder.

Completely invisible!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    MAC mineralize skin finish natural...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deja Vu)
    Make Up For Ever HD Powder.

Completely invisible!

(Original post by Steffie94)
    The elf HD powder is excellent .. its just a translucent white powder, but doesnt make you look pale at all! its only £6 from their website and you get a lot of product. i have repurchased this 3 times now, i love it .
    do these wash you out in flash photography?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swaggiee)
    I can only speak about the MUFE one as I've never used the ELF powder... nope it doesn't wash you out in pics. It's super, super fine, and is literally invisible with the tiniest bit of buffing - even on HD cameras!

Not ideal for darker skin tones though as it can look a tad ashy under strong lighting.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    MAC SKINFINISH MINERALISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trust me!! worth the £18!!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The best one i've used is by Mac, the mineralise loose foundation. Its £23 which is expensive but i love it, it lasts ages too cause you dont need much at all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swaggiee)
    nope , i buff mine in after i apply it and it doesnt show up in flash photography at all
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're putting it over foundation, natural collection is really good and is only £2 or £3. I love their shine free foundation too!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 14, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.