Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to move to Canada/America?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do I go about it? Because from what I can see it's basically a no shot unless you have family out there.

I'm fed up of **** old England. I so want a change. I don't even know what has made this come on. It's like I've just decided in the last couple of hours that I want out.

Everything seems to be happening out there, but nothing goes on in England.

I feel really down.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could that censored word "****" be "good", by any chance?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas x)
    Yeah, I heard Canada is way liver than London.

You know what they say, if you're bored of London, you're bored of life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie123)
    Yeah, I heard Canada is way liver than London.

If you're bored of London, you don't go out enough. However the OP seems like a troll lool If the OP wants genuine answers please ask nicely
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalMH)
    If you're bored of London, you don't go out enough.
    Preach
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do I go about it? Because from what I can see it's basically a no shot unless you have family out there.
    Not true... Many emigrate out to both countries for jobs that are in high demand.

I'm fed up of **** old England. I so want a change. I don't even know what has made this come on. It's like I've just decided in the last couple of hours that I want out.
    Maybe you're just having a bad day or slight depression.

American media got to you eh? Don't worry they try to do that to make other countries think the States is paradise when in reality it really isn't.

I feel really down.
    Ahh cheer up it's not that bad. One thing for sure is North American chocolate will never in a lifetime beat chocolate/sweets from the UK, that's one of the things I miss from the UK. If you think about it thoroughly the difference between the States and UK there really is not that much of a difference. Well maybe the healthcare and large difference in gun crime, a college in Oakland California had a shooting just a few days ago... Consider yourself lucky.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifstatement)
    Ny.
    I'm actually curious how do you actually go about immigrating to north america?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

I feel really down.
    I heard Compton, California is a lovely place, if you're really interested in moving to the US.

Detroit is also a wonderful place to really start a family & raise children, if you'd prefer milder weather.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, have your been to canada or america before? If you havent then go there first because I highly doubt its anything like what we see on TV. Also I hate Americas healthcare and education system for a variety of reasons. Canada seems great but too cold at times, even at vancouver? lol
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjm101)
    Canada seems great but too cold at times, even at vancouver? lol
    In a season called winter, yes.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are many ways of emigrating. The most popular ways are either by spouse or job demand though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifstatement)
    Not true... Many emigrate out to both countries for jobs that are in high demand.

Maybe you're just having a bad day or slight depression.

American media got to you eh? Don't worry they try to do that to make other countries think the States is paradise when in reality it really isn't.

Ahh cheer up it's not that bad. One thing for sure is North American chocolate will never in a lifetime beat chocolate/sweets from the UK, that's one of the things I miss from the UK. If you think about it thoroughly the difference between the States and UK there really is not that much of a difference. Well maybe the healthcare and large difference in gun crime, a college in Oakland California had a shooting just a few days ago... Consider yourself lucky.
    Thanks. Yeah just think I'm having one of those few days. OCD playing up.

(Original post by rjm101)
    Just curious, have your been to canada or america before? If you havent then go there first because I highly doubt its anything like what we see on TV. Also I hate Americas healthcare and education system for a variety of reasons. Canada seems great but too cold at times, even at vancouver? lol
    No I haven't been, but it seems like so good. What is Canada and American weather like. Any different to England?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    the grass is always greener.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Imagine living in Manchester...!

(No offence to Manchester... It's just not the most interesting place to live.)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie123)
    Said best by old Sammy Johnson, aye.

I could understand fancying Canada, but the US? Beastly place, it is. You're better off moving to Pontefract.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't been, but it seems like so good. What is Canada and American weather like. Any different to England?
    With Canada the weather is very similar compared to the UK but America since it's such a large country it has different types of climates. Miami for instance always has a temperature of 20c+ and it's very rare to go below that mark. Cities such as New York & Boston over the past few years seem to have an average temperature of around 18C+.

Only difference I see with America is the winters seem to be much shorter and their summers and mild temperatures seem to last much longer compared to the UK or Canada. However just because the States has great weather does not mean the quality of life is great also, the temperature plays only a really small part of it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    One way is to move there for work and apply for permanent residence later on. You usually need to have a job offered to you before you apply for a work visa, and it helps to apply for a job where there's a higher labour demand as this will increase your chances of being let in. Having a degree will also help hugely.

You can visit the American or Canadian immigration bureau websites for more information of the types of visa available and on particular immigration pathways.

Or marry a North American!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's basically very hard to immigrate over.

I don't under it. Every bugger can come over here, but we can't go over there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I feel really down.
    omg..Why?
    You know,there's a truth that loads of people are dying to move to the UK for a variety of reasons and I'm one of them.btw I'm from Asia.
    Among 4 popular countries for studying abroad (UK,Canada,US,Australia),I choose the UK because it is attractive! It has unique culture,royal atmosphere,stunning landscape and great universities.What's more,the teaching system,the environment,the living standard are way better than my country(that doesn't mean I don't love my motherland,you know,everyone wants better life!)Actually,I could afford fees in any countries during my study,and I could choose what exams I take (e.g. Alevels, SAT,or just IELTS+Foundation).Eventually, I chose the UK,as I am obsessed with anything British.

Honestly,I did think about CAN,US and AUS. Well ,Canada is a bit cold imo, and I always think it has a sparse population.And when Canada crops up in my mind,I only remember Avril and Justin Bieber ,however its landscape is pretty beautiful !! For the US,I have to admit I love it,but I thought the undergraduate is only 3 yrs,and I wanna work and get into society ASAP so I didn't choose it.Plus,my parents think degrees in UK and US is better than Australia(no offense,just their opinions).

I want to live in the UK for lots of reasons.a,it is located in Europe,so I could travel during spare time. b.safe c.welfare and so forth.
    Maybe you re in the prime of youth so you want a more exciting and dynamic life,I totally understand.But think about the future, statistics reveal that people living in the EU are happier than other places ,and it's universely accepted that Europe is a wonderful place to spend their lives.
    So, be happy with your life . But after all,these are my opinions,I also wish you good luck on moving to your ideal places.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeremyLiang)
    And when Canada crops up in my mind,I only remember Avril and Justin Bieber
    Wow really?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 4, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.