The Student Room Group

Is it normal to be this hairy (as a girl)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hannahchan
It probably does come out or malt, like if someone went bald.. :smile:.

Hmmm I guess, but that would make hair thin everywhere else as well, I suppose? E.g on your head.
Original post by hannahchan
Really? interesting.

Yeah it definitely works as well, I've noticed quite a difference in the amount of body hair I have and I wasn't massively hairy to begin with.
Reply 22
I have it mostly on my arms and back which is pretty horrible. :/.

I need to find a cure. because it's seriously a nightmare.

there's only so much bleach and cream I can take.

not alone.
Reply 24
Original post by mel0n
You're both anonymous poster 1, wtf. Stop talking to yourself.

It says 'thread starter' under all my posts, as opposed to just 'annonymous poster 1'
Reply 25

I thought it might be but I have no other symptoms :/ and I am classed as underweight so chances are it's not that
Original post by Anonymous
Warning: This is a bit gross.

I have hair where I shouldn't. I have about 4/5 thick hairs on my chin that I have to pluck weekly, on the sides of my face I get long white hairs that I also pluck when I see them.
I have hair between by belly button and bikini line (not fine downy hair, but about 10 thick black hairs that again I either shave or wax, but there's always some sort of stubble :frown:). Not wanting to gross anyone out (if I haven't already) but I also have hair around my chest/boob area, and around my nipples. It's not dense like a man's but it's still visible and very upsetting.

I'm naturally fair and the rest of the hair on my body is translucent, I don't have any other problems with hormones/diet/weight/periods...i'm on the pill etc.

I'm thinking it might be genetic as my father and brother are both harier than average and even though I'm a girl maybe it has been passed down to me? lol

I feel so sorry for you :frown: But people shouldn't laugh because perhaps you have a condition called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Obviously I wouldn't know because I'm not a doctor which is why it may be best to see your GP if you're that concerned.
I thought it might be but I have no other symptoms :/ and I am classed as underweight so chances are it's not that

I am on the verge of being underweight too, and I don't have any other symptoms, apart from acne which is on its way out now anyway, but the doc still told me it was probably polycystic ovaries. Some women have symptoms, others don't, it varies.
Reply 28
Original post by GreenLantern1
Then why are they both classed as Anonymous Poster #1. Surely the second anonymous person, if they are a different person, should be called Anonymous Poster #2.

If not then that whole numbering system is a complete and utter bloody waste

Look at it again The OP has "Thread starter" under her anon name, The other anon you compared her to doesn't.
I'm pretty much the same OP. I think most girls are a lot hairier than you think it just may not be noticible because they have very fair, light hair.

DONT PLUCK ANY HAIRS!!! It just makes them thicker wax/thread

Good luck, you're not alone there are plenty of girls like you x
In reality, there's no such thing as 'normal' because everyone is different!
Everyone just follows these stereotypical perfect body types, but realistically very few people have them.

You have nothing to worry about, however, if it is bugging you and making you feel self-conscious etc then i'd advice you go to your GP.
A friend of mine had hairs growing on his back at the age of 9 (I'm talking mature, male, adult hairs!) They gave him some tablets and cream and it soon completely went away! :smile:
try being asian

YOU WILL HAVE A MUCH BIGGER PROBLEM
Reply 32
Hmm. I used to do beauty therapy and we had to practice waxing on each other (oh the japes we had! Not). I remember being amazed at how so many girls had 'snail trails' and hairs on their chests and so on.

I don't think it's that uncommon really so I wouldn't let it fret you. Obviously if you start growing a full beard I'd advise a GP appointment, as that could indicate hormonal problems. You could use hair removal cream if you can't be arsed to go get it waxed.
Original post by dhruvtsr
Eughh I think I just vommed. It's vile. How hairy is your vagina by the way! Must be a bush.

For god sake. It's not added hair everywhere you know, its usually a little bit of hair in other places where it shouldn't be, but most women who suffer from this, including OP, get rid of it so no one even knows it is there, but it is a fricking pain in the ass every single week or so to be getting rid of it, and it is upsetting, it is certainly nice to know that others suffer with it too.
Original post by GreenLantern1
Then why are they both classed as Anonymous Poster #1. Surely the second anonymous person, if they are a different person, should be called Anonymous Poster #2.

If not then that whole numbering system is a complete and utter bloody waste

That's true, but in this case it looks like it's some sort of bug, as the posts are definitely from different people :smile:
According Sarah Silverman (pbuh), the reason women get hairy is because they have more testosterone than normal, which makes them like sex more. So, it's fine by me, bby.
For god sake. It's not added hair everywhere you know, its usually a little bit of hair in other places where it shouldn't be, but most women who suffer from this, including OP, get rid of it so no one even knows it is there, but it is a fricking pain in the ass every single week or so to be getting rid of it, and it is upsetting, it is certainly nice to know that others suffer with it too.

Totally agree with you on this!! ^^^
Reply 37
I'm pretty much the same OP. I think most girls are a lot hairier than you think it just may not be noticible because they have very fair, light hair.

DONT PLUCK ANY HAIRS!!! It just makes them thicker wax/thread

Good luck, you're not alone there are plenty of girls like you x

Why is plucking any different to waxing may I ask? Both methods pull the hair from the root. I think you meant shaving?
Hmm..

Well I had a fair bit of hair (not as much as you though!), but got it all removed by laser hair removal..and that's that sorted. I'd really recommend it, -fairly painless, hair doesn't ever grow back but quite expensive.

But as for why you have so much hair...it does sound like it could be due to the pill, ask your GP :smile:
Warning: This is a bit gross.

I have hair where I shouldn't. I have about 4/5 thick hairs on my chin that I have to pluck weekly, on the sides of my face I get long white hairs that I also pluck when I see them.
I have hair between by belly button and bikini line (not fine downy hair, but about 10 thick black hairs that again I either shave or wax, but there's always some sort of stubble :frown:). Not wanting to gross anyone out (if I haven't already) but I also have hair around my chest/boob area, and around my nipples. It's not dense like a man's but it's still visible and very upsetting.

I'm naturally fair and the rest of the hair on my body is translucent, I don't have any other problems with hormones/diet/weight/periods...i'm on the pill etc.

I'm thinking it might be genetic as my father and brother are both harier than average and even though I'm a girl maybe it has been passed down to me? lol

I'm sorry no offense but why are you complaining? I had some sympathy towards you until i read that :rolleyes:

All my hair is 'visible' lol it's horrible, you don't even have it that bad if what you're saying is true.

Quick Reply

Latest