The Student Room Group

Try out the new **iPhone, iPad or Android** TSR App

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plato's Trousers
Aha! Got it. Nice work.

So is there a fix?

PRSOM

Not yet sadly. We may need to discuss it with the tapatalk people to see if there is anything which can be done.
Reply 221
Hi!

Is there any chance of a Windows Phone app?

If there's an api I can use, I'd be glad to develop it myself. :smile:
Original post by PureR
Hi!

Is there any chance of a Windows Phone app?

If there's an api I can use, I'd be glad to develop it myself. :smile:

Try using Board Express. It is Tapatalk but for Windows Phones. The TSR app is based on Tapatalk, so my theory is that Board Express should work fine with TSR.
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but if I select the PS Help forum on the app, it launches a browser window instead.

Is this a bug, or is it because the app can't handle the security requirements of PS Help?
Original post by G8D
Pretty sure you asked this and had it answered already.

:yep: It'll still be the same issue - the link is a redirect, not a 'proper' forum.
Oops! Sorry.

Thanks for that. Any idea why it's just a link rather than an app forum though?
Original post by Plato's Trousers
Oops! Sorry.

Thanks for that. Any idea why it's just a link rather than an app forum though?

I couldn't say for certain myself, but it's probably for privacy - one of the cases where the PS Help forum is actually hidden and accessible via a redirect, to avoid people being able to watch the forum.
The android app has no
1. Rep system
2. Who quoted me
3. No friends system
4. No search thread option
5. Not much formatting options

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
The android app has no
1. Rep system
2. Who quoted me
3. No friends system
4. No search thread option
5. Not much formatting options

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither does the iPhone app
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but whenever I go to my PMs on my Android app and try to view them the app stops working. Happens all the time
Original post by F_shakeey
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but whenever I go to my PMs on my Android app and try to view them the app stops working. Happens all the time

My PMs work fine on the Android app.(HTC desire s)

Could be something else making the app crash?

I find if you clear the cache/stored data by the app, it fixes it temporarily, but then it does come back.

Original post by Motorbiker

For me at least, it seems to be a reoccurring issue with some data stored by the app as data. I am pretty sure just clearing the cache didn't fix it last time I got this bug. It isn't a one-off random event, but it is intermittent in when it starts.
Reply 232

I get that sometimes.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Original post by Motorbiker

Original post by rmhumphries
I find if you clear the cache/stored data by the app, it fixes it temporarily, but then it does come back.

I've found an easy way round it where you just hold onto the message in the inbox and touch reply. It's strange why it does this though.
Thanks for the tip I'll definitely try it out UPDATE : Just tried it out now but to no avail :no:
(edited 11 years ago)
Given how many of us are using smartphones to access the web, I really think the owners of TSR should increase the priority of developing this app. It's only had one update since launch and all the main issues everyone has raised remain unimplemented/unfixed.

Come on guys! Please put some resource into this app! We use it a lot and expect better.
Hi, im sure this has been asked before but as i dont know how to/cant search the thread using the tsr app ill have to post it again.
How do you rate posts on the app? Is this possible at all?
Thanks

Posted from TSR mobile
Original post by Kiwihoney
Hi, im sure this has been asked before but as i dont know how to/cant search the thread using the tsr app ill have to post it again.
How do you rate posts on the app? Is this possible at all?
Thanks

Posted from TSR mobile

It's not currently possible in the app but has been widely suggested, so hopefully we'll see this feature at some point in the near-ish future. :smile:
Reply 237
Really disliking the banner ad at the bottom of open threads.
It's bad enough with all the ads that hide themselves up until the point I'm going to press next page, at which point it appears and somehow I seem to have clicked on it and opened the link.
Original post by Aula
It's bad enough with all the ads that hide themselves up until the point I'm going to press next page, at which point it appears and somehow I seem to have clicked on it and opened the link.

Agreed, and while I completely support the 'sex with someone who doesn't want to is rape' campaign, it kind of sucks that you can turn it off in the app - I can imagine it might be quite triggering for some people. I might switch to using tapatalk for tsr, no bloody adverts in that.
Reply 239
Original post by Aula

I think I remember reading somewhere about mobile adverts for one of the ad networks, saying that they don't allow the ads to be loaded until they come into view. Presumably this is so that the advertiser doesn't pay for impressions they aren't getting, or have false statistics on the success of the ad.

I suppose ideally what you'd want to do is leave a blank space at the bottom of the page for the advert, so the buttons don't have to move in that split second when the ad is loading. But given the speed at which features are being implemented, I'd imagine if would be a while until that gets fixed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending