The Student Room Group

Try out the new **iPhone, iPad or Android** TSR App

Scroll to see replies

On Tapatalk - the new version on the Google Play store has TSR for it's screenshots :awesome:
Reply 21
Just installed, really like what I've seen so far- the look is neat and clear. Will add more stuff if I come across issues!
xxx

Edit: really enjoying the text box actually working with my phone, rather than the one in browser which hopped around all over!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mikeyd85
On Tapatalk - the new version on the Google Play store has TSR for it's screenshots :awesome:

Great spot :smile:

Here for others: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&feature=search_result
Reply 23
Lovely and useful, thanks!
Reply 24
Ok after playing for a couple of days I really like the app. My number one priority for additional features would be who quoted me. I can happily deal without rep until I'm on a PC but not being able to see if and where I've been quoted removes the everyday functionality for me, so I still have to go onto the browser for that.

Other than that the other thing I've noticed is the lack of a "go to first unread" option. I have my default set to oldest post as on new threads I want to see the op, but with my watched threads I use the first unread option all the time. If its possible to add this in it would be great (unless in being a dummy and just haven't found it lol).

Xxx
Our Android App is now in Google Play. :biggrin:

If you want to get updates pushed out to you, then you'll need to delete the version you installed directly and install from Google Play directly.

Please give us lovely reviews. You will make us happy :smile:
Original post by ChrisN
Our Android App is now in Google Play. :biggrin:

If you want to get updates pushed out to you, then you'll need to delete the version you installed directly and install from Google Play directly.

Please give us lovely reviews. You will make us happy :smile:

Once downloaded, can it go on to an SD card? If it can't and I download it, my phone memory will top out :frown:
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Once downloaded, can it go on to an SD card? If it can't and I download it, my phone memory will top out :frown:

Yes, it works off the SD card.:smile:
Original post by Motorbiker
Yes, it works off the SD card.:smile:

Thanks, using it now! :smile:

Only reservations are lack of Who Quoted Me and if my watched threads have a new post in them or not. Otherwise it's great for these early stages!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Thanks, using it now! :smile:

Only reservations are lack of Who Quoted Me and if my watched threads have a new post in them or not. Otherwise it's great for these early stages!

You can find out which watched threads have a new post - on the Watched > Discussions tab it lists all the watched threads then for each thread listed it has the number of replies specified in the top-right corner. If this number is shaded in green then that means there's a new unread post.
Original post by ttoby
You can find out which watched threads have a new post - on the Watched > Discussions tab it lists all the watched threads then for each thread listed it has the number of replies specified in the top-right corner. If this number is shaded in green then that means there's a new unread post.

Ah yeah, so it does. Thanks!

It's not tremendously clear though, maybe a little help guide just explaining key features in the settings menu may be good? :dontknow:
Reply 31
Hey, thought I'd add I've found a bug. On my participated threads some of them go back to green even though there aren't any new posts. I'm on a motorola defy +.

Xxx
Having an option to see just the unread watched threads would be useful.
Original post by G8D
The idea of pages seem redundant on a device like this. By all means load page-sized chunks but it really ought to automatically load when you reach the top or bottom of the page. It'd be nice if that were at least optional (also means we don't have to see the page navigation uglies in full.)

Pull down to refresh job you think? Would be good, but Twitter are trying to patent that.

Pages on mobile are good still IMO - can't imagine something like the Android OS thread being cached well on a low end Android.
Reply 34
Original post by mikeyd85
Pull down to refresh job you think? Would be good, but Twitter are trying to patent that.

Pages on mobile are good still IMO - can't imagine something like the Android OS thread being cached well on a low end Android.

I think he was talking about you reaching the bottom of the page, and it automatically loads more stuff, be it posts, threads, PMs etc. Google images gives the general idea.

Of course, it would be helpful having page indicators when you scroll like that, so that you can click a link to use (say) page 30 as the baseline. 'Never ending reddit' when using reddit enhancement suite is a good example of the page indicators (and if you happen to have it, is a better example of infinite scrolling than google images).

Untitled3.png
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Chrosson
I think he was talking about you reaching the bottom of the page, and it automatically loads more stuff, be it posts, threads, PMs etc. Google images gives the general idea.

Yeah, I get the idea. I still don't think it'd be great on lower spec phones. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea! Having used Tapatalk for a very long time, I can't see how that would work in a really, nice, fluid manner without lots of cache / system resource use. That's the main reason to use Tapatalk - it's lightweight and will run on anything.
Original post by G8D
The feature is actually already in the app when browsing forums.

True, but we I don't fancy that for a several thousand post thread!
Reply 37
Original post by G8D
Why not? I'm not talking about extensive preloading/caching. Just having, perhaps the page you're on, the page before and the page after at any one time.

As Chrosson added, they should have page indicators and the possibility to page jump (for those long threads).

I think this feature would work especially well if they introduce a "jump to last unread" option to threads.

I see what you're saying but then they'd still have to have a jump to option (even if they hide it away in the menu) for people who want to move through threads randomly without scrolling through lots. Plus I don't think they'd ever do it as it would stop them being able to put adverts at the bottom of each page. They could put it with the indicator but tbh I personally would hate having ads mixed in with posts, I think a lot of other people would too

I do agree about having a jump to last unread though, definitely a priority feature for me as I use it all the time on watched threads.

Xxx
Original post by G8D
Why not? I'm not talking about extensive preloading/caching. Just having, perhaps the page you're on, the page before and the page after at any one time.

As Chrosson added, they should have page indicators and the possibility to page jump (for those long threads).

I think this feature would work especially well if they introduce a "jump to last unread" option to threads.

That would - you've convinced me there. :smile:
Original post by G8D
Only problem with page indicators is that the app currently allows you to set how many posts per page.

Also... the continuous page were talking about seems to have magically activated in threads for me...

Shouldn't be a problem unless people refer to page numbers in the posts. If I think a post is page 2 at the top and you think it's page 5 at the top, it makes no difference, so long as you know what you're looking for.

I don't have that behaviour... :iiam:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending