The Student Room Group

Try out the new **iPhone, iPad or Android** TSR App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by rmhumphries
It would be nice if when there are unread posts in a thread, it showed how many were unread as opposed to just the total number of posts.

That would be good although I don't think even the website does that yet.
Thanks for all your feedback on the app so far. Now you've had a chance to use the apps a bit more, we've just started a new thread asking for your top ideas for improvements. Please do tell us your best ideas for make the apps even better!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2017745
Reply 122
I'm not sure where else to put this so it's going here :tongue:

Feel free to move it mods if it's in the wrong place.

Basically, I'm wondering why the Android app requires permission to 'automatically start at boot' - I would download and use it otherwise but something about this really bugs me.

thanks
You can't see who's a mod and who isn't :no:
Can someone please remove the 'posted from the tsr iphone/ipad app' sign off.

It is so bloody annoying and pointless!!!
Original post by Jamie

I am not a fan of it, however each user has the option to turn it on/off/change it, and the Admins want it on by default to help spread publicity for the apps.
Original post by Jamie

There is a way to turn it off from the app I think. I understand why it's there though, to promote the app.
Is there any way rep posts in the app?
I have the iPod version and was wondering how to do it, if at all :smile:

TSR App <3
Original post by Kaykee93
Is there any way rep posts in the app?
I have the iPod version and was wondering how to do it, if at all :smile:

TSR App <3

Not right now, but it's on the requests list, hopefully to be added in future dev work.
Is there a way to do a VM via the app? :blush:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Reply 130
Everytime I load up the app, click on a topic, post anything etc, i get a message saying something along the lines of "you don't have permission to do that" or something. Bit annoying. Sorry if this has been posted before, dont want to trek through 8 pages

... And just as I go to post this it makes an appearance so I print screened

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by G8D
The sad thing is they could so easily include a Market/iTunes link to make it easier for someone to actually find it but instead stick with this labourious method.

Size or two smaller, link to the app. I'd still not like seeing it but it'd be much less offensive.
The app 'signatures' are something we have in at the moment to be worked on. The text will be made smaller and will link through to where you can download the app. Expect the changes to happen soon when we next make an update!

Original post by chelevi
Everytime I load up the app, click on a topic, post anything etc, i get a message saying something along the lines of "you don't have permission to do that" or something. Bit annoying. Sorry if this has been posted before, dont want to trek through 8 pages

... And just as I go to post this it makes an appearance so I print screened

Thanks for the screen showing the error. We've got a note of it and will schedule it to be looked in to.

If anyone else experiences this please do let us know as if it's really widespread we can bump the priority level.

Original post by cpdavis
Is there a way to do a VM via the app? :blush:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
Not at the moment, but it has been a suggestion made by a couple of people already. The apps were initially just meant to give basic features from the main TSR site with the idea we would add extra ones as people told us what they wanted. If visitor messages prove a popular enough request we can look in to getting them added :smile:
Reply 132
Is there a way to multi-quote when using the iPad app?

When typing a private message using the android app the page automatically scrolls up obscuring any text you may have written.

Scrolling down and then going back to typing only causes the same issue to repeat.
Not sure if this has been mentioned but after you go past two lines of text, you aren't able to see what what you are typing. I'll post a screenshot .

If I did it right you should br able to see the two lines of this post, and then nothing.. Thinkg. Think I've done agood job typing this mind :tongue:

Reply 135
Any chance of a blackberry app?
Original post by funkydee
Any chance of a blackberry app?

It's not planned, but I believe you can still use Tapatalk.
Original post by Mr.Messy
Not sure if this has been mentioned but after you go past two lines of text, you aren't able to see what what you are typing. I'll post a screenshot .

If I did it right you should br able to see the two lines of this post, and then nothing.. Thinkg. Think I've done agood job typing this mind :tongue:

I noticed the same issue with the android app.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
You don't get told your report has been updated if you made it on an app...not sure if this is an app problem or tsr problem...and it's not really a problem, just not ideal!
This problem (reported elsewhere). The first part is resolved, but the second remains (ie the "watched threads" summary screen not pointing to the last post of the thread).

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=39337480

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest