The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mayday
I have experience made a bit of money got to 300 positive feedback in quick time. just PM me and we can get started. i'd suggest having about £200-£300 starting cost. i wouldn't recommend cloths but anyways please PM

It would be great if you can give me some advice on this as I've been trying to start.

Gus
Reply 41
Hi just saw your ad Im looking to import children's desks from china can you help with this don't have a clue were to start thanks sharon
Reply 42
Original post by rich 2
hi, I want to begin selling on EBay but I'm having trouble sourcing items to sell. I read your email in interest and would be grateful if you could give me some advice and point me in the right direction. many thanks, Richard ward.

Hi I need some help importing from china hope you can help thanks sharon
Original post by Mayday
I have experience made a bit of money got to 300 positive feedback in quick time. just PM me and we can get started. i'd suggest having about £200-£300 starting cost. i wouldn't recommend cloths but anyways please PM

Hello, I am starting my own online business on eBay but finding it very difficult to get hold of things to buy. I have tried calling but I was wondering as you have experience, would you be willing to help me out?
Reply 44
Too many problems associated with such an idea, unless you're thinking of sending each item recorded delivery you'll get those idiots who claim they haven't received the item (when they have) and you'll be obliged to either refund them their money or send them a second if the item. Also is it worth all the hassle of dealing with buyers if you could make more money with a part time job?

Decisions which must be thought of well.

Goodluck anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by raybournes
We started off many years ago at selling wholesale stuff from China on eBay. I have to say apart from the long delivery times, this was the best thing we ever did. We have since opened a warehouse in China ourselves and have become a supplier to many eBay and amazon sellers in the UK. It can be very lucrative my friend, this you will know when you start doing it. Message me for any help you want and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. :smile:

What wholesalers did you use and how did you go about contacting them/checking how legit they are?
Reply 46
Original post by SuhrabSayfi
What wholesalers did you use and how did you go about contacting them/checking how legit they are?

Only advice I could just think of is be wary of "wholesale" websites which are essentially large hubs of fraudsters located around the world demanding payment via bank transfers or using services like western union/moneygram/online cheques. These sorts of sites AREN'T wholesalers and should be avoided. It's pretty hard to get items at wholesale prices unless you're a business with a registered number pr something..? (Could someone help me out with that? :s-smilie: lol)

But yeah anyway be careful online. Some people are professional tricksters. My advice - NEVER take anyone's word for it when dealing online, never believe anyone's stories, no matter how nice they seem, and however tempting it is to put your trust in them. Just don't, because it usually ends up being a con.

As for buying - I suggest looking at the second hand market. It's a much quicker turnaround for first-time buying/selling, and you can make serious money. People name their price and you take it, you sell it for what it's actually worth, and there's your profit. Consumer electronics is a great area. Buy cheap, sell cheap, and with a solid £300 you can easily double that in a week or two of hard work.

Worth it! Hope this was remotely helpful.. Good luck anyway!

Jake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Hi All
I just Joined the group and so discussion.

I understand that selling is more hassle than buying stuff. Moreover if you don't have tactics to sell then you will end up with stock lying in your warehouse.
Can anyone help about delivery to customers? I saw so many sellers are selling products on ebay for 0.20p 15£.
I just don't understand how they are managing with delivery charges. I contacted royal mail which is cheapest at the moment if you would like to deliver within UK (upton 1KG)
Let me explain you little more.
I would like to sell product on ebay for £ 4.99 (its weight is 120 gm)
Real cost: £ 1.30
Ebay fees: XYZ
Delivery: £ 2.60 (royal mail)
Paypal: XYZ (at last I will not get anything)

How can I reduce the cost for deliveries..Do seller on ebay use something else (to deliver their products to customers) which I am not aware??

CAN ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS WORKs?? ANY CHEAP DELIVERY COMPANIES.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48
What are selling platforms other than ebay and amzon??

Is there any update on upcoming new selling platform??
your help will be appreciated

regards
Reply 49
We started off many years ago at selling wholesale stuff from China on eBay. I have to say apart from the long delivery times, this was the best thing we ever did. We have since opened a warehouse in China ourselves and have become a supplier to many eBay and amazon sellers in the UK. It can be very lucrative my friend, this you will know when you start doing it. Message me for any help you want and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction. :smile:

Could you also pm me please with some advise as I'm very interested and have been trying to do this for a while now
Original post by rich 2
hi, I want to begin selling on EBay but I'm having trouble sourcing items to sell. I read your email in interest and would be grateful if you could give me some advice and point me in the right direction. many thanks, Richard ward.

Hi,

I'm trying to open an e-shop and selling on e-bay as well. Dont know the product to sell yet. please could you show me one the direction to start?

thanks

- Giovanni
I do hope you all realise you will have to declare your business to HMRC and pay tax.
The revenue are targeting EBay these days due to the number of undeclared businesses operating on it.
Even if you don't make enough income to pay tax you must register the business with the taxman.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52

Hi. I will beinterested in purchasing bulks from china. Could you kindlh help me.
Thanks
Reply 53
competition is high on eBay because it is an open market which allows merchants internationally to compete. i wouldn't say the playing ground is fair, but if you know what you are doing you could manage to make a few bucks. you won't get rich, but you'll make a cool extra thousand each month, when your hand is well played.

i would recommend buying off the grid - if you know what i mean...
I find that buying things from the likes of Costco can be relatively profitable. For example, their box sets of books can be very reasonably priced, leaving with a profit of £10 after fees per item. There are countless other things that you could buy from there as well, and if you know how to understand the pricing system and symbols on the labels you will see which products are reduced the most. Plus, if you have an internet enabled phone, you can actually check eBay while you're in the shop to see how much things sell for.

I wouldn't be interested in buying things with £1 - £2 profit, because fees will eat away at that, but if you can get bigger margins and manage to find something that will result in a decent number of sales then it could still be worth it.

Basically deals, freebies, in store price glitches, discount codes etc. For example there was a glitch a few months ago where a certain toy was on sale in Tesco for £3 instead of £30 by accident, I bought a lot of them and sold for £10 profit per item in total. So if you put time into it, then there are definitely ways and things you can sell.
Reply 55
so, selling would be more like a hobby (not full time); and sort of hit and miss sort of thing?
Reply 56
I'll admit I've skimmed the thread, but my gut feeling sadly it is going to work out pretty hard to make much compared to getting a till job at tescos or similar.

Presuming its a bit of a side job, there are lots of people already doing it, often in large qualities, at which point the economies of scale bring down the prices for just about everything. When I was breaking my car for parts (crashed) I turned car that was worth about 800quid pre-crash and maybe only 200quid post-crash into about a grand. However it did take most of by christmas holiday to strip it, and although the first 500 came fairly fast there was a long tailer on getting the second half, till about a year on I skipped most of what I had left, I then tried to do it again with exactly the same car three years on, the timing wasnt right as it was an older car by they, and I made more like 300quid before weighing in the remainder.

The only other thing I did think about while at uni about is breaking model rc cars for spare parts, probably a 8th scale hyper 8 or similar, buying the higher spec model which came as a self-assy kit and also contained bits some people would by as an upgrade. Initial cost was about 350quid and a 'fag packet calculation' suggested it should be fairly easy to break easy and a profit should be quite possible. But I never went ahead or full priced it. It was easier to work the odd shift at the students union a venue tech staff.

Daniel
Reply 57
has anyone in this thread tried drop shipping a product on eBay. If so, how has that worked out for you?

i'd probably try to sell on eBay (or more rather Gumtree), but I don't want a room full of product just sitting around. Has anyone tried it with the drop shipping method. I've been reading about it online and was wondering if it's legit or not.

Also, is there any rules from posting affiliate links in your auctions?
Hi, I am interested in e go e cig I just wanted to know how to buy them wholesale from china without them being confiscated any advise would be great.thanks.
Reply 59
Original post by stevenjordan
Hi, I am interested in e go e cig I just wanted to know how to buy them wholesale from china without them being confiscated any advise would be great.thanks.

you can buy directly in the UK and save yourself some hassle

Latest

Trending

Trending