Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any tips on how to improve my arms? (pic included)

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internet tough guy)
    why have you covered the centre of your shirt?

btw, looks like you have very veiny arms
    Probably because of the shirt has an advert or something on it that hes afraid will get him in trouble i guess.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catjaum)

u obviously will never understand the art of bodybuilding...

If making your body look that repulsive is an 'art'... then yes, it is indeed an art form I will never understand.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    *shivers* kinda scary dude.. my advice.. stop..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Also everyone coming on saying it's unattractive you're retarded. If a fatty came on and asked how could he/she improve his/her arms people would give genuine advice, not say, 'eww no offense but that's disgusting'. The only difference is that this guy has worked ****ing hard to get there where as the fatty has sat about all their life, and is also probably overall much less healthy.

Edit: Also him asking advice and coming on and simply saying something totally unhelpful about essentially being what you deem unattractive is like someone saying does this t shirt look good on me, and me coming on and saying, You're a fat ****. Not helpful, girls on here not a fair representation of real life stop trying to give irrelevant advice.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been injured for a few weeks now....can barely even lift a medium weight without being in pain.....and now my arms have started going down....need to get them bigger again....but theres no way i can do more then 30kg barbell or at most the 16kg dumbells..... even cables im struggling with on a medium weight.... anyone got any really hard to do exercises on such light weights? im talking bis and tris....cant do skull crushers at all....the pain is too much.....btw...pains in my right shoulder...

and yea....i tried resting it for 2weeks...the pain aint going away...so i gotta carry on going strong till it naturally heals....
    You need to just let it do its own thing, in its own time. It's going to heal up, but if you're so obsessed with having your arm that way then you're going to damage it further (perhaps worsened) and make the recovery time much longer.

You need to be sensible about this, which I don't think you are. The sooner it heals, the sooner you can go back to working out as you used to. If you left is for two weeks and the pain isn't going away, then you need to see a doctor. There may be something a doctor can see, and so assist you in having your arm back to its good condition. If you have already seen a doctor, then you should go back and explain to them that the two week resting period was to no avail, and they will most likely refer you to the hospital, or give you some treatment.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    about 80ish...fluctuates between 81-83kg atm...... ive never been a fan of physio....but might give it a shot if i dont feel any improvement in the next 2/3 weeks...
    Cool, yeah tbh that's all the advice i can give, I dont know much in BB, and im a beginner in weightlifting in general
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_girl)
    i absolutely LOVE vascularity in guys. so so so so good, not even being sarcastic.
    i think u are...but in real life...no ones ever said im too veiny....most girls actually like it....

(Original post by johnharris19944)
    Probably because of the shirt has an advert or something on it that hes afraid will get him in trouble i guess.
    no its unique.....and its not an advert..im not trolling....if u go through my posts...you'll see a few proof pics...

(Original post by XxelliexX)
    If making your body look that repulsive is an 'art'... then yes, it is indeed an art form I will never understand.
    well u are obviously a minority who think that....or jus too embarrassed to admit it....grow up.....

(Original post by brb_gone_gym)
    Also everyone coming on saying it's unattractive you're retarded. If a fatty came on and asked how could he/she improve his/her arms people would give genuine advice, not say, 'eww no offense but that's disgusting'. The only difference is that this guy has worked ****ing hard to get there where as the fatty has sat about all their life, and is also probably overall much less healthy.

Edit: Also him asking advice and coming on and simply saying something totally unhelpful about essentially being what you deem unattractive is like someone saying does this t shirt look good on me, and me coming on and saying, You're a fat ****. Not helpful, girls on here not a fair representation of real life stop trying to give irrelevant advice.
    way tooooo many haters on here man.....its actually quite funny reading the responses....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenal2-3spurs)
    AWWW YEH STEROIDS YEH :danceboy:
    Just because he's slightly big does not mean he is on steroids.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquar)
    You need to just let it do its own thing, in its own time. It's going to heal up, but if you're so obsessed with having your arm that way then you're going to damage it further (perhaps worsened) and make the recovery time much longer.

You need to be sensible about this, which I don't think you are. The sooner it heals, the sooner you can go back to working out as you used to. If you left is for two weeks and the pain isn't going away, then you need to see a doctor. There may be something a doctor can see, and so assist you in having your arm back to its good condition. If you have already seen a doctor, then you should go back and explain to them that the two week resting period was to no avail, and they will most likely refer you to the hospital, or give you some treatment.
    i am being sensible.....im probably doing about 30% of what i used to in the gym....not pushing myself hard at all.....but im deffo going to get it checked out soon if it doesn't show signs of getting better....the only frustrating part is the fact summer is right around the corner
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i am being sensible.....im probably doing about 30% of what i used to in the gym....not pushing myself hard at all.....but im deffo going to get it checked out soon if it doesn't show signs of getting better....the only frustrating part is the fact summer is right around the corner
    If it hasn't healed in two weeks I would go see a doctor. I'm assuming your diet is in check (enough protein).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i think u are...but in real life...no ones ever said im too veiny....most girls actually like it....
    uh no, i'm honestly not :confused: so hot.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:

well u are obviously a minority who think that....or jus too embarrassed to admit it....grow up.....

too embarrassed to admit what?!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You look ridiculous. You also exude arrogance, whether it's assuming all males are jealous of your bizarre arms, or telling people who disagree with you that they're obviously in a minority, and so on.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    + I don't understand why you think it's necessary to post a picture when all you are asking is advice regarding exercising with an injury? You seem to be seeking to get the responses you did... Or at least people telling you how huge your arms are to boost your ego.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    You look ridiculous. You also exude arrogance, whether it's assuming all males are jealous of your bizarre arms, or telling people who disagree with you that they're obviously in a minority, and so on.
    You have EVERY detail of your 'academics' in your sig.... so essentially, is it not the same thing but fitness in his case?

lolol you have even coloured in certian parts..it's very organised.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I really can't make out what that wrinkly looking thing is in the picture...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brb_gone_gym)

Why would he post the picture if all he was after is advice? The picture and the actual size of his arms seems irrelevant to the questions he is asking, and he must be used to people's responses on here by now to know that most people don't like the size of his arms.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mouth)
    I really can't make out what that wrinkly looking thing is in the picture...
    It looks a bit like a ballsack.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB5)
    You have EVERY detail of your 'academics' in your sig.... so essentially, is it not the same thing but fitness in his case?

lolol you have even coloured in certian parts..it's very organised.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 14, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.