Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Smoking

Announcements Posted on

I tried smoking for the first time out of curiosity, anyone who smokes what would you say the benefits you find are? I found it interesting and got sort of a rush I guess, I obviously know the negatives sorry I just want some people's opinions...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I tried smoking for the first time out of curiosity, anyone who smokes what would you say the benefits you find are? I found it interesting and got sort of a rush I guess, I obviously know the negatives sorry I just want some people's opinions...
    Nothing in the positives outweigh the negatives in my opinion. However possible positives:

- some people think it is cool/looks cool.
    - can make going out and chatting to people easier as most talking takes place in the smoking area.

Basically it other than the biological stuff although that's more of a negative given the dependency on them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've smoked on and off (mostly on) for 6 years. I quit on Christmas eve and haven't slipped since

I love a smoke with a nice cold beer, sitting outside a nice pub on a summers day. It's relaxing and just nice. The thing is that the more I smoke the less I enjoy it. It becomes more about habit or having to than enjoyment. My lungs get more yuck which makes physically doing it unpleasant. It starts to make my mouth feel yuck. If I could have one went I felt like it but addiction gets in the way. Addiction, for me, sets in fast and hard so having one then putting the rest of the pack away isn't possible.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I smoke on and off, when I feel like it, and socially.

For me it's just a pleasure thing, like a nice cold beer or a chocolate bar. I don't consider myself a smoker because aside from parties or when drinking, I'll only smoke maybe 2 or 3 a week, and often times go weeks without having one. I also smoke cigars when I'm with a certain bunch of mates. The way I see it is, I'll do no major harm to myself through having a few now and again, and I enjoy it, so what's the harm? Yes, I know every one may clog up my lungs that tiny bit, but every chocolate bar raises your BFP that little bit, everytime you jump from a height you may damage your joints that little bit. Life is too short to worry aboutsuch small things.

Of course, when you get to smoking multiple times a day, then you may need to evaluate the damage you may be doing yourself.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Feels good, tastes good, social/bonding activity, helps you calm down if you feel like battering someone or jumping under a train
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Meh, I smoke on and off, when I feel like it, and socially.

For me it's just a pleasure thing, like a nice cold beer or a chocolate bar. I don't consider myself a smoker because aside from parties or when drinking, I'll only smoke maybe 2 or 3 a week, and often times go weeks without having one. I also smoke cigars when I'm with a certain bunch of mates. The way I see it is, I'll do no major harm to myself through having a few now and again, and I enjoy it, so what's the harm? Yes, I know every one may clog up my lungs that tiny bit, but every chocolate bar raises your BFP that little bit, everytime you jump from a height you may damage your joints that little bit. Life is too short to worry aboutsuch small things.

Of course, when you get to smoking multiple times a day, then you may need to evaluate the damage you may be doing yourself.
    Id say your a social smoker.

Ive been smoking for near on 7 years now and I use to enjoy it but after so long it becomes a habit that I say I will quit but never get around to doing, mostly do to addiction but also there is still a slight enjoyment. I wouldnt say there was many positives around smoking apart from the social aspect.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnn)
    Id say your a social smoker.

Ive been smoking for near on 7 years now and I use to enjoy it but after so long it becomes a habit that I say I will quit but never get around to doing, mostly do to addiction but also there is still a slight enjoyment. I wouldnt say there was many positives around smoking apart from the social aspect.
    That's what I'd label myself, but you say that to a non-smoker and you get the whole 'He's just giving in to peer pressure thing', say it to a smoker and you get the 'He's just the guy that will want to blag a fag and not even take a proper toke' thing
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Makes life bearable.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Smoking makes me relaxed, makes amazing sex feel like it was even better (when you have the after sex cigarette) and I look awesome with a cigarette... I smoke Sobranie Black Russian (Daily), Sobranie Cocktail (Nights Out) and Treasurer Luxury Black (After Sex, Special Occasions).
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Smoking makes me relaxed, makes amazing sex feel like it was even better (when you have the after sex cigarette) and I look awesome with a cigarette... I smoke Sobranie Black Russian (Daily), Sobranie Cocktail (Nights Out) and Treasurer Luxury Black (After Sex, Special Occasions).
    ohmigosh u make a good point
    i do look totally awesome with a fag in my hand like yah
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's a disgusting and distinctly working class habit. Thankfully, smokers tend to die far earlier than non-smokers. As long as they stay away from me whilst they're poisoning themselves, they're free to do it, and we'll tax them to hell for the privilege.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ann Widdecombe)
    It's a disgusting and distinctly working class habit. Thankfully, smokers tend to die far earlier than non-smokers. As long as they stay away from me whilst their poisoning themselves, they're free to do it, and we'll tax them to hell for the privilege.
    Oh Ann, you mad old bint
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't smoke apart from the odd bit of weed. Just think what it would be like if youre dating someone and they constantly smell of old ash trays. Imagine the smell of their mouth... Have you ever smelt a smokers handbag or coat? Dayum... Okay, I'm starting to sound like an anti smoking advert. But seriously, it's not really worth it. Just because hipsters have glamourised it doesn't mean that its suddenly 'cool'. Although it does give some people an edgy/chilled kind of look; however at the expense of bad health and smelling pretty ****.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    A consultant told us during a smoking lecture if you smoke 4 a day you have the same risk of a smoking related disease than a non smoker. Crazy eh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't smoke, but a lot of people i know, mother/dad(quit now)/Brother/Co-workers do, i honestly can't stand it, i see it more of a social thing, which in some respect make me feel left out by not smoking, which sucks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.smoke-king.co.uk/acatalog...igarettes.html

Hamiltons herbal cigarettes are nicotine free and made from a blend of herbs including Marshmallow. These Cigarettes help to wean you off nicotine by replacing your normal cigarettes with this tobacco free alternative. No shame on a night out as the packet has been designed to look like normal cigarettes with health warnings
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I tried smoking once, didn't like it very much but at least I can say that i've tried it. I did feel like I craved it for about 3-4 days buts just told myself no.

A lot of my family do it and my boyfriend does it socially which kind of annoys me. He hasn't had a cigarette in about 5 months now.

(Original post by Yellow_Watermelon)
    http://www.smoke-king.co.uk/acatalog...igarettes.html

Hamiltons herbal cigarettes are nicotine free and made from a blend of herbs including Marshmallow. These Cigarettes help to wean you off nicotine by replacing your normal cigarettes with this tobacco free alternative. No shame on a night out as the packet has been designed to look like normal cigarettes with health warnings
    Are those designed to get smokers off cigarettes? Cant really tell :holmes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    dunno only found them while searching for the posh cigarettes mentioned above but for the people who smoke to look cool or have someone to talk to why not buy them?
    they are only about £2.25

im tempted to buy them so when people in a club ask for a cigarette I can give them those
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    How can you afford Sobranie as a daily pack? It's like a tenner for 20

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.