Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What was/is your favourite GCSE subject?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how everyone felt about their GCSE subjects, any you particularly loved/hated?
    Personally, i loved geography and PE but wasn't so keen on Physics, maybe this is becuase of the teachers i had though...
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths. Although that was probably more to do with having a crush the teacher.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Art was my favourite, not anymore A-levels ruined the fun :lol: Now it's maths
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths and french
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Maths. Although that was probably more to do with having a crush on him.
    Hahaha! I used to love maths because of my teacher, but then i got moved up a set and i really hated my teacher! Luckly i have finished my GCSE now, am getting the results after the holidays
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Electronics or ICT
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    History, the teacher makes it much more interesting and goes off on one . But, I do enjoy Maths since that's a subject I like to get on with and the class is relatively sensible, so doing work can be achieved in Maths.
    As they are my favourites, I'm continuing to study them at AS and maybe A level .
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths, History and RS (it's the easiest!)
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughing_cow)
    Hahaha! I used to love maths because of my teacher, but then i got moved up a set and i really hated my teacher! Luckly i have finished my GCSE now, am getting the results after the holidays
    I couldn't believe my luck when I told him I'll would be doing A level maths at the Sixth form and he said he taught that to. He's retired now, still lives in same town.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughing_cow)
    Just wondering how everyone felt about their GCSE subjects, any you particularly loved/hated?
    Personally, i loved geography and PE but wasn't so keen on Physics, maybe this is becuase of the teachers i had though...
    Tough one....

Loved RS, Maths and Performing Arts/Drama. Pretty much hated nothing, except Media. Despised it. Time-consuming for something that, ultimately to me, was a complete waste of time.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Art. I complained about it at the time, but my teacher was lovely - she'd make us cups of tea with biscuits when we were doing our Art exam, and brought in chocolate at the end of term. On our last day, we all had a party

Plus, I'm pretty damn awesome at Art, so the coursework was a breeze :smug:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    History all the way.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Drama.

I'm now an engineer.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    History and English Language/Literature
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    History, my teacher was a legend. Or ICT because it was a joke and was effectively a free lesson.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biology and chemistry...only coz a hot teacher used to come in at least three times each lesson i found it hard to concentrate whenever he'd come in...it's a wonder how i passed the subjects!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    History was so good! I had one of the best teachers ever to grace my school with his WW1 & WW2 guns (he had a license) and his DVDs on historical events e.g Hitler: The Rise of Evil.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably physics/ spanish/ french
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    At GCSE level, chemistry is the subject that I find the most interesting.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Religion & Philosophy. I wish I was good at Chemistry though as my teacher was hawt.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 15, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.