The Student Room Group

What was/is your favourite GCSE subject?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
I thought Classical Civilisation would be better than History because History is too modern to be enjoyable and less historic.

Well you thought wrong. It's awful
Geography and English purely because of the teachers. Physics and chemistry were good because i got top grades without doing much, same with maths. IT was the worst as it was plain boring and history because the controlled assessment screwed me over ( got a low C and got a VERY high A overall)
Reply 82
Physics and English, both Language and Literature. I loved them, really did!

However I was disappointed in my 'C' grade in Physics, but I still loved the subject none the less.
Original post by ReeceL
Physics and English, both Language and Literature. I loved them, really did!

However I was disappointed in my 'C' grade in Physics, but I still loved the subject none the less.

What did you get for English?
Reply 84
I got a B in both.
Original post by ReeceL
I got a B in both.

Its interesting how you can love something and not do too well about it at least on SR.I hate English because of all the writing and analysing because I'm not really interested in what a writer is thinking,just reading what they have written and I find creative writing so hard because it often hard to structure your ideas purposefully but I should get more than B at English because I have already completed Language,to b moderated at Grade A* and am currently on a high A in Literature.
Biology, Chemistry :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by Dalek1099
Its interesting how you can love something and not do too well about it at least on SR.I hate English because of all the writing and analysing because I'm not really interested in what a writer is thinking,just reading what they have written and I find creative writing so hard because it often hard to structure your ideas purposefully but I should get more than B at English because I have already completed Language,to b moderated at Grade A* and am currently on a high A in Literature.

Wow - congratulations, and good luck with it!

I'm not too sure why I only got a B, i felt I did do much better myself, a A at least, as it was a great paper, and I got an A* on my Language coursework, so that's just how it worked out. It's possibly because my handwriting isn't the best, and I tend to waffle too much sometimes.

I do wish I had got better, but I'm fairly happy with my B.
i absolutely loved Latin. It was interesting and i found it easy...shame my college didn't offer it for a-level
:mad:
Original post by Romisa_lovesA7X
Art for definite, closely followed by history.

Where are u!"
For me has to be Geography, Maths and Spanish - not surprisingly these were the three I carried on to A Level (Plus Economics)
My biology teacher was an absolute LEGEND. Like, we had a sub teacher or a few months because he had to get an artificial kneecap or something, and she was like 'right, so, I know you won't like me as much because he's such a legend but we have to do some work'. He was a legend through and through and I'm really sad he's retired.
So I liked GCSE Biology, because it was fairly interesting and the teacher was amazing. I hate it at A-level now.

I also really enjoyed English, Maths, Add maths and French. English/Lit had good teachers and I like reading, maths because I am/was good at it, add maths because more maths and epic teacher and French because it was a laugh (even though I was terrible).

I didn't realt enjoy Geography.
Photography and science! :smile:
Reply 93
Loved Art :biggrin: and Food Technology. Although both stressed me out to the max when it came to coursework ¬_¬

Quick Reply

Latest