The Student Room Group

What was/is your favourite GCSE subject?

Just wondering how everyone felt about their GCSE subjects, any you particularly loved/hated?
Personally, i loved geography and PE but wasn't so keen on Physics, maybe this is becuase of the teachers i had though... :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maths. Although that was probably more to do with having a crush the teacher.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Art was my favourite, not anymore A-levels ruined the fun :lol: Now it's maths :biggrin:
Reply 3
Maths and french
Reply 4
Original post by meenu89
Maths. Although that was probably more to do with having a crush on him.

Hahaha! I used to love maths because of my teacher, but then i got moved up a set and i really hated my teacher! Luckly i have finished my GCSE now, am getting the results after the holidays :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Electronics or ICT
History, the teacher makes it much more interesting and goes off on one :biggrin:. But, I do enjoy Maths since that's a subject I like to get on with and the class is relatively sensible, so doing work can be achieved in Maths.
As they are my favourites, I'm continuing to study them at AS and maybe A level :smile:.
Maths, History and RS (it's the easiest!):smile:
Reply 8
Original post by laughing_cow
Hahaha! I used to love maths because of my teacher, but then i got moved up a set and i really hated my teacher! Luckly i have finished my GCSE now, am getting the results after the holidays :s-smilie:

I couldn't believe my luck when I told him I'll would be doing A level maths at the Sixth form and he said he taught that to. He's retired now, still lives in same town.
Reply 9
Original post by laughing_cow
Just wondering how everyone felt about their GCSE subjects, any you particularly loved/hated?
Personally, i loved geography and PE but wasn't so keen on Physics, maybe this is becuase of the teachers i had though... :smile:

Tough one....

Loved RS, Maths and Performing Arts/Drama. Pretty much hated nothing, except Media. Despised it. Time-consuming for something that, ultimately to me, was a complete waste of time.
Reply 10
Art. I complained about it at the time, but my teacher was lovely - she'd make us cups of tea with biscuits when we were doing our Art exam, and brought in chocolate at the end of term. On our last day, we all had a party :h:

Plus, I'm pretty damn awesome at Art, so the coursework was a breeze :smug:
Reply 11
History all the way.
Drama.

I'm now an engineer.
Reply 13
History and English Language/Literature
History, my teacher was a legend. Or ICT because it was a joke and was effectively a free lesson.
Biology and chemistry...only coz a hot teacher used to come in at least three times each lesson :colone: i found it hard to concentrate whenever he'd come in...it's a wonder how i passed the subjects! :redface:
Reply 16
History was so good! I had one of the best teachers ever to grace my school with his WW1 & WW2 guns (he had a license) and his DVDs on historical events e.g Hitler: The Rise of Evil.
Probably physics/ spanish/ french :h:
Reply 18
At GCSE level, chemistry is the subject that I find the most interesting.
Religion & Philosophy. I wish I was good at Chemistry though as my teacher was hawt.

Quick Reply