Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What shall i do today?

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have about a month of completely free time (/boredom!!) Most of my friends are at uni far away (i live in an isolated small town) and the ones that live here are working full time and just generally busy (one spends all of her spare time with her boyfriend, the other with her newborn niece and the third meeting up with random guys, brilliant.) I'm on a gap year and newly single. I'm trying to keep myself busy but i dont know what to do? I'm low on funds (well saving up for my travels) and I'm going to uni in sept. I've tried to get a new job since my last one ended, but there is literally nothing going round here apart from a 2 hour job 3 nights/week but its so far away in the countryside that itll cost me more in petrol to commute x6 than what id earn! lol.

Any ideas guys??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    well i saw some guy on a tv advert fishing with his spikey hair, you could try that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    take a really long toilet break.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    I have about a month of completely free time (/boredom!!) Most of my friends are at uni far away (i live in an isolated small town) and the ones that live here are working full time and just generally busy (one spends all of her spare time with her boyfriend, the other with her newborn niece and the third meeting up with random guys, brilliant.) I'm on a gap year and newly single. I'm trying to keep myself busy but i dont know what to do? I'm low on funds (well saving up for my travels) and I'm going to uni in sept. I've tried to get a new job since my last one ended, but there is literally nothing going round here apart from a 2 hour job 3 nights/week but its so far away in the countryside that itll cost me more in petrol to commute x6 than what id earn! lol.

Any ideas guys??
    same situation really .. only I have 9 weeks free!

what to do what to do?

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tnajamie)
    same situation really .. only I have 9 weeks free!

what to do what to do?

:-o same here! i only said a month cause a couple of my uni friends should be home by then, so hopefully il have more of a life lol. what are you doing to kill time?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    dunno, watch some bollox...play some games, become an alcoholic for a month, listen to some music...etc.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    :-o same here! i only said a month cause a couple of my uni friends should be home by then, so hopefully il have more of a life lol. what are you doing to kill time?
    um well I am aiming to get to 12 stone in weight, so am taking in my 3000 cals .. and hitting the gym .. and am looking to gain 1.5lbs a week

So having nothing to do is good in a way as the less cardio the better (as long as I get at least 30 mins).

other than that I am bored stiff, just watching iplayer, 4od and itv player all day lol
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Read some good books, catch up on my games and learn to draw? That's what I plan on doing next month when I'll be in the same situation I can't wait for freedom!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know that when I have free time next summer holidays I'll teach myself to play the guitar + some french
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    I know that when I have free time next summer holidays I'll teach myself to play the guitar + some french
    hah, sure you will.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NB_ide)
    hah, sure you will.
    i dont get it
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tnajamie)
    um well I am aiming to get to 12 stone in weight, so am taking in my 3000 cals .. and hitting the gym .. and am looking to gain 1.5lbs a week

So having nothing to do is good in a way as the less cardio the better (as long as I get at least 30 mins).

other than that I am bored stiff, just watching iplayer, 4od and itv player all day lol
    Ha, awesome. I suppose im in a pretty similar position - apart from I'm trying to get to 8 stone, but at the same time i dont want to gain it in fat.. I want to weigh more but also want to tone up a bit more! So im going to the gym twice a week and eating healthy, getting my 5 a day (for the past 2.5 weeks so far)

hahah same here, im currently watching every episode of russell howards good news ever to have existed and closely following the apprentice, the undateables (lol guilty pleasure!!) I cant sit still for long though i get bored really easily and need to do something physical!! Doesnt help that i live in a town where 80% of the population are pensioners

(Original post by Little Hobbit)
    Read some good books, catch up on my games and learn to draw? That's what I plan on doing next month when I'll be in the same situation I can't wait for freedom!
    Freedoms only fun for the first few days :/ Its boring if your the only one thats free :/ I have gotten into reading actually, but after about an hour so I just cant hack it - I need to be on my feet moving around, books don't quite give me the adrenaline rush i need lol. what games... ?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    climb a tree?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Make a mammoth sandwich and spend the rest of the day admiring, consuming and recovering from said sandwich
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    FIFA.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    wow really helpful.. thanks guys lol.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    wow really helpful.. thanks guys lol.
    I'm in the same situation June-September. No one is coming back for the summer, everyones moved on really in their new places, I'm the one stuck back at home.. trying to find a full-time summer job with no success!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=tpxvs;37297692]Ha, awesome. I suppose im in a pretty similar position - apart from I'm trying to get to 8 stone, but at the same time i dont want to gain it in fat.. I want to weigh more but also want to tone up a bit more! So im going to the gym twice a week and eating healthy, getting my 5 a day (for the past 2.5 weeks so far)

hahah same here, im currently watching every episode of russell howards good news ever to have existed and closely following the apprentice, the undateables (lol guilty pleasure!!) I cant sit still for long though i get bored really easily and need to do something physical!! Doesnt help that i live in a town where 80% of the population are pensioners

[Quote/]

I reckon we would be good friends lol . my guilty pleasure is the undateables too (well any dating show really) I also love the apprentice - I watched all the 5 eps in one day + the you're fired spin offs!

also I reccommend celeb juice, derek, the voice, father ted, world series of dating.

if you want to chat more pm me.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpxvs)
    Ha, awesome. I suppose im in a pretty similar position - apart from I'm trying to get to 8 stone, but at the same time i dont want to gain it in fat.. I want to weigh more but also want to tone up a bit more! So im going to the gym twice a week and eating healthy, getting my 5 a day (for the past 2.5 weeks so far)

Freedoms only fun for the first few days :/ Its boring if your the only one thats free :/ I have gotten into reading actually, but after about an hour so I just cant hack it - I need to be on my feet moving around, books don't quite give me the adrenaline rush i need lol. what games... ?
    I reckon we would be good friends lol . my guilty pleasure is the undateables too (well any dating show really) I also love the apprentice - I watched all the 5 eps in one day + the you're fired spin offs!

also I reccommend celeb juice, derek, the voice, father ted, world series of dating.

if you want to chat more pm me.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The same thing you do every night, tpxvs, try to take over the world.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 26, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.