The Student Room Group

EA named Worst Company in America

The results of the Consumerist's "Worst Company in America" bracket are in, and Electronic Arts has won the Golden Poo, designating it as the Worst Company in America. They beat out the likes of Bank of America (partially responsible for crashing the global economy), Facebook, Google, and Apple.

As far as I know, this is the first time any company associated with gaming has won and the Consumerist has done this annually for seven years. I think this is a testament to not only the growing dissatisfaction of gamers with EA's destructive policies, but also the strength of their mobilisation once you piss them off enough.

In response to "winning" this reward, EA spokesman John Reseburg told the LA Times: “We’re sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren’t on the list this year,” said EA spokesman John Reseburg. “We’re going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide.”

:rolleyes:

Hope they receive their award in 3 separate installments, and have to register for a private postal carrier that has permission to walk around your house once they make the delivery.
This has made my day :biggrin:
Heh, saw this article on the EAUK Bf3 forum a couple of hours ago.
They certainly had it coming :wink:
EA is a piece of **** for milking popular franchises to death. **** Bioware for pandering.
Saw it on Eurogamer earlier.

Have to say I'm disappointed with EA. Two to four years ago, amidst Riccitello's return and revamp, I would have told you that EA was a changed beast, still making a few mistakes but producing genuinely great games like Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and ME2.

But after the disastrous designed-by-committee results seen in DAII and the very ending (nothing else) in ME3, EA has lost some of my trust again. Shame, they were becoming something of an anti-Activision for a while.

But the worst company in America? Compared to Halliburton, BoA, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Koch Industries, et al. EA is just a company that doesn't know where it's priorities lie rather than a truly evil/bad company.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Not surprised.

EA are the reason why BF3 is clearly better than COD, but never will be because of them.
In response to "winning" this reward, EA spokesman John Reseburg told the LA Times: “We’re sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren’t on the list this year,”

oooo if i didn't know any better i would say he's suggesting something.
The only thing this poll shows is the immaturity of gamers and how worthless online polls are. "Worst company in America". Really? REALLY? If they really were the worst company in America, then the world would be a much better place. Grow up you ****wits.
Reply 8
Original post by rich2606
The only thing this poll shows is the immaturity of gamers and how worthless online polls are. "Worst company in America". Really? REALLY? If they really were the worst company in America, then the world would be a much better place. Grow up you ****wits.

Somebody wasn't allowed to play games as a child. :mmm:

It's a bit of fun bud.
Chill.
Reply 9
fifa's still ****ing boss though
Reply 10
I'm surprised Activision wasn't a winner with Bobby Kotick personally raising the RRP of CoD games from the global average of £49.99 to £54.99.

Plus the fact Activision has destroyed everything in it's path e.g. Tony Hawk's, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty etc.
EA GAMES!

Me Whispering "Challenge Everything"

Peaop...
Props for the guy's response
Original post by Maccees
Somebody wasn't allowed to play games as a child. :mmm:

It's a bit of fun bud.
Chill.

It quite clearly isn't "just a bit of fun" when these same retards are harassing the developers of games like Mass Effect. This is an embarrassment to gamers everywhere and does nothing to legitimise our hobby in the eyes of the mainstream or break the (seemingly well-deserved) stereotypes created over the years.
Reply 14
They should get a choice of three different coloured awards.
Reply 15
I may have missed something but I don't see why EA is the worst company. Can someone explain?
Reply 17
Original post by Tahooper
I'm surprised Activision wasn't a winner with Bobby Kotick personally raising the RRP of CoD games from the global average of £49.99 to £54.99.

Plus the fact Activision has destroyed everything in it's path e.g. Tony Hawk's, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty etc.

You can't really blame Activision for the demise of the Tony Hawk games. EA made the Tony Hawk series absolutely redundant when they released Skate. If Activision had tried to copy Skate then their series would look like a clone, and would have failed. Either way, Tony Hawk series was doomed once Skate came out (which is a shame, because I absolutely loved Tony Hawk 1 and 2 :frown:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending