Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Naturally thin people facing prejudice?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm naturally thin/skinny 5'4 and 108lbs, i eat a normal and healthy diet and don't have any *******s with eating. I have a small chest and bum, but that just comes with being thin, i'm completely happy with my figure unlike before, i used to hate being skinny because of the less curvage. I am sick and tired of this new trend where fat people try to feel better about themselves by attacking naturally thin people. These days it's become only correct to like fat. I'm sick of hearing comments like "Oh no, you must be annorexic because your thin!" "You look unhealthy, eat something!" and the ... wait for it... the most cliche jelous statement ever... "Guys don't like women with figures of a small boy, they like real curves." Any other skinnies noticing this? Why do you think people fail to see that skinny doesn't nessacarily mean unhealthy. I can understand it though, if someone is purposely not eating, then that isn't healthy.
    My parents are also thin, so i must have some japanese ancestry somewhere in my family tree.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's a pain the butt. I watch that program SUpersize vs superskinny for tips on how to gain weight. Haven't really discovered the answer except that the superskinny people tend to drink 1L of cola a day where the supersize people tend to drink 10L of cola a day.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm in the same position. Once my flatmate had a friend over and they were ordering takeaway and asked if I wanted any. Since I'd already eaten I politely declined, only for the friend to say 'oh come on, you look like you could do with a burger or two! Get some meat on those bones!' This girl was very much on the heavy side and I'm sure if I had said something like 'you look like you should skip a few meals' much offence would have been taken. I can't stand when people say skinny girls aren't 'real women' but to be honest I'd rather be this way even with the constant criticism, because it's just a part of who I am.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    You are the same height and weight as me... :eyeball:
    Bra size?

And yes I agree. Most 'curvy' people are fat, not hourglass.

(Original post by Darklady.)
    I'm naturally thin/skinny 5'4 and 108lbs :eek:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieclick)
    Yep, I'm in the same position. Once my flatmate had a friend over and they were ordering takeaway and asked if I wanted any. Since I'd already eaten I politely declined, only for the friend to say 'oh come on, you look like you could do with a burger or two! Get some meat on those bones!' This girl was very much on the heavy side and I'm sure if I had said something like 'you look like you should skip a few meals' much offence would have been taken. I can't stand when people say skinny girls aren't 'real women' but to be honest I'd rather be this way even with the constant criticism, because it's just a part of who I am.
    Oh yes... that especially boils my blood, it's alright to prejudice against skinny people, but if you call someone fat everyone is like ''OMG CALL THE POLICE!"
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    At the risk of sounding a bit Samantha Brick-esque, I think the whole backlash against skinnies is partly due to jealousy. I myself have been underweight my entire life (even at the tender age of 5!) due to genetics and an active lifestyle and can't help but feel that whilst 'poking fun' at an overweight person is considered wrong, doing the same to thin people is seen as the fashionable thing to do. If I see comments like 'real mean like curves', 'she has the body of a 12 year old boy', 'I've seen more meat on an ironing board' etc etc I think I'm going to go insane. IT'S NOT OKAY to say this stuff, people who say that wouldn't dream of saying 'she's a bit on the chubby side' (in fact when Karl Lagerfield recently said something similar about Adele he was vilified in the press, probably the same newspaper would have run articles about 'shockingly skinny' celebs the day before. double standards).

Rant over!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Kinda makes me feel like the villain. And bigger people the down to earth long suffering hero. Sick of being told I'm not a real woman.

I don't really see how the media suggesting women with big boobs/tiny waist/big arse are better role models. I mean, good role models because women are supposed to have big assets for men to gawp at? Because having big boobs is essential to femininity and success? Hm. I feel like we are regressing.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    why are you so concerned if youre happy with how you are?

..fatties are more prevalent nowadays so its inevitable that skinnies become discriminated against.. but tbh i find it rather nice when people try to feed me, its not such a bad thing you know
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree OP,and I've had people make similar comments like you said before.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes... that especially boils my blood, it's alright to prejudice against skinny people, but if you call someone fat everyone is like ''OMG CALL THE POLICE!"
    It's just so unfair. I was once talking to a guy who admitted that he was obese but said he didn't like anyone else pointing it out to him, because he thought everyone should accept people as they are. Fair enough. But since we were sharing, I went on to say that sometimes I feel like I'm too thin, but I try and be happy with my body. His response? 'You ARE too thin, you SERIOUSLY need to put on weight, it's not a good look!'
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not fair to discriminate against naturally thin people, but it's ****ing annoying when people can eat an obscene amount of food and stay skinny whereas I only have to look at food and the pounds start piling on. It's not anyone's fault they're skinny, it's just mildly irritating.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'3" and 7 stone (98 pounds) and I eat really terrible food most of the time - and my weight just never changes. I do sort of get why it annoys some people who struggle to lose weight and some people can just eat what they like. But I do really hate when they describe fat people as "real women" - I'm definitely a real woman too!

I do think I'm pretty unhealthy though, I need to put on muscle and eat healthier - but I always struggle to eat larger portions. So if I moved over to 'healthier' and food with naturally less calories, then I think I'd struggle to get enough calories.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    10 female posts in a row...

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!!!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The thing is there's some stupid thin people who think they're too fat. They deserve a good curb stomp. No reason to have a go at everyone though.
    • 160 followers

ReputationRep:
    Prejudice against naturally thin people?

More like prejudice against naturally UGLY people.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    My parents are also thin, so i must have some japanese ancestry somewhere in my family tree.
    You mean the people that invented sumo wrestling?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :cookie:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm naturally thin/skinny 5'4 and 108lbs, i eat a normal and healthy diet and don't have any *******s with eating. I have a small chest and bum, but that just comes with being thin, i'm completely happy with my figure unlike before, i used to hate being skinny because of the less curvage. I am sick and tired of this new trend where fat people try to feel better about themselves by attacking naturally thin people. These days it's become only correct to like fat. I'm sick of hearing comments like "Oh no, you must be annorexic because your thin!" "You look unhealthy, eat something!" and the ... wait for it... the most cliche jelous statement ever... "Guys don't like women with figures of a small boy, they like real curves." Any other skinnies noticing this? Why do you think people fail to see that skinny doesn't nessacarily mean unhealthy. I can understand it though, if someone is purposely not eating, then that isn't healthy.
    Please don't take this the wrong way but you're never going to get a decent looking guy with no chest and no butt. Just saying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Prejudice against naturally thin people?

More like prejudice against naturally UGLY people.
    You're an ugly person from the inside too. Racist cow.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astinof)
    Please don't take this the wrong way but you're never going to get a decent looking guy with no chest and no butt. Just saying.
    I didn't say i had NONE, i'm just small/petite.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.