Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Naturally thin people facing prejudice?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I get the anorexic comments a fair amount. Usually from people who don't know me at all, so don't see what I eat (a pretty decent amount of food). But Ive noticed something strange: it's always women that make these comments. Never, not once, has it been a man. I blame those stupid magazines that obsess over female celebrities' weight. Anybody else think it's at least partly the fault of the magazines that most women read?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darklady.)
    I didn't say i had NONE, i'm just small/petite.
    Yeah that's what I mean. Trust me, good looking guys want a big ass or big boobs. No use if they're small. Just try putting on some weight and do squats.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astinof)
    Yeah that's what I mean. Trust me, good looking guys want a big ass or big boobs. No use if they're small. Just try putting on some weight and do squats.
    Yeah, well that's pretty impossible for me, and it isn't true, depends what you class as a ''good looking'' male, not all ''goodlooking'' ones are shallow. And i'm happy being this way with my body
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, well that's pretty impossible for me, and it isn't true, depends what you class as a ''good looking'' male, not all ''goodlooking'' ones are shallow.
    It's not impossible, just eat more than usual, you'll always put on weight, it's impossible NOT to put on weight if you eat loads and exercise loads. And trust me, i've spent my whole life infront of all types of guys and when a girl has a small butt AND small boobs it literally makes them go 'EWWWWW' especially if you add being skinny to it. Guys just don't say that kind of stuff to people's faces. Obviously if it's some desperate ugly dude he wouldn't mind but good looking guys would. I'm just being real, good luck!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piko_Piko)
    I get the anorexic comments a fair amount. Usually from people who don't know me at all, so don't see what I eat (a pretty decent amount of food). But Ive noticed something strange: it's always women that make these comments. Never, not once, has it been a man. I blame those stupid magazines that obsess over female celebrities' weight. Anybody else think it's at least partly the fault of the magazines that most women read?
    Agreed, i've had guys tell me i have a good figure but then lots of women who tell me i need to get some meat on my bones.

If i could put on weight, i would.
    I'm sure that those who want to lose weight struggle, and if they could lose it easily, they would.
    But i'm not gonna stuff my face until i feel sick just because some people think i look too skinny to be healthy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, the first world problems of a teenage girl.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astinof)
    It's not impossible, just eat more than usual, you'll always put on weight, it's impossible NOT to put on weight if you eat loads and exercise loads. And trust me, i've spent my whole life infront of all types of guys and when a girl has a small butt AND small boobs it literally makes them go 'EWWWWW' especially if you add being skinny to it. Guys just don't say that kind of stuff to people's faces. Obviously if it's some desperate ugly dude he wouldn't mind but good looking guys would. I'm just being real, good luck!
    Your making generalisations, do you honestly think ALL "Good looking" guys are shallow? I've known some good looking ones and they like me for who i am, and they don't think i look disguisting, i've dated good looking guys and i'm friends with some. Anyway your probabaly just a troll who is actually an ugly dude. i'll give you 1/10
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your making generalisations, do you honestly think ALL "Good looking" guys are shallow? I've known some good looking ones and they like me for who i am, and they don't think i look disguisting, i've dated good looking guys and i'm friends with some. Anyway your probabaly just a troll who is actually an ugly dude. i'll give you 1/10
    Wow, I was just trying to help you. You don't know men, just because they're friends with you, it doesn't mean they think you're attractive.

Me- Ugly? LMAO LMFAOOOOOOOOO, if only you saw me.

Anyway goodluck.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    A recurring theme here seems to be telling skinny people to eat more to put on weight. I am personally a skinny guy, and I hated it about me, went to see a doctor over it because it worried me. The doctor explained to me that the idea of a healthy weight was normally distributed, meaning that the value for a healthy weight will fit the majority of people. However, there are those who can be underweight and still be considered healthy. I guess for a lot of people it's just accepting who you are. At the end of the day, when it comes down to attractiveness, if the person's only interested in you for your looks then you're probably better off without them anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And anyway I was talking about men finding you PHYSICALLY attractive, obviously there are men who would date you for your personality.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wait wait, so its ok for you to be paranoid that fat people are saying things about you yet you think its ok to talk about "fat" people in the same way you accuse them of talking about you?

Is this a serious thread?

Hard to tell since I see and hear more negative comments towards overweight people than thin people, I am in great health myself despite being overweight(and before anyone says, I have had blood tests, cholesterol tests, fatty liver tests etc and all show I am in BETTER condition than UK average) likely as I do a lot of walking and eat very little(just overeat occasionally but not to the level of the genuinely greedy fat people)

I have had people call me things like sloth or greedy or disgusting to my face but more often than not the people that say that are doing something like eating a take away whilst saying that to me!!!

Nothing really wrong with being too thin really. my brothers ex had to get body building powder as she was underweight naturally.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drapetomanic)
    Oh, the first world problems of a teenage girl.
    Isn't being too skinny quite a big problem in Zimbabwe?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't personally get offended when someone makes a slightly mean skinny remark. I take it as a compliment because let's face it, everyone knows skinny is hot and anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves.

Not saying that some people don't look amazing with curves because it really suits some people, on the whole I just think slim looks a hell of a lot better than fat rolls.

Oh and not including men in this. Skinny men don't do it for me. Althought what if they feel the same way about me? :eek:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Preach!
    I hate "real women have curves" I mean.. I've got a real vagina so..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know guys often get lambasted for being 'shallow'. But I really wouldn't worry, in my experience most men are willing to look past the external trappings and social norms of so called 'beauty' to the fact that you might possibly be willing to sleep with them...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    I have had people call me things like sloth or greedy or disgusting to my face but more often than not the people that say that are doing something like eating a take away whilst saying that to me!!!

Nothing really wrong with being too thin really. my brothers ex had to get body building powder as she was underweight naturally.
    Yes, i understand if being over-weight is caused by genetics/hormone issues ect that you cannot control, i don't think it's good to prejudice against over-weight people either (i don't have nothing against over-weight people). But when someone is purposely overweight (eating ALOT) that can easily be controlled, and then blames everyone else for them being overweight, so they just pick on skinny people to feel better. That is the type of fat person i am on about, it sickens me that they won't change that behaviour. However i do eat ALOT, but obviously it's just my metabolism/hormones/genes or whatever that doesn't allow me to gain the weight i want to. But i'm just accepting it, when i get older i'll have a nice figure. But remember to just accept yourself
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ07)
    :cookie:
    :yum::yum::yum:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think that people would chill the f down and probably not even care if we stopped making such a big deal out of it. Eat. Don't eat. Live. Die. Get fat. Get thin. Whatever.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As the official male representative to womankind, I can confirm that most men don't mind a smaller build.
    Rib cages jutting out and gaunt features are a definite turn off, but if it looks natural and normal, you've nothing to worry about.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, definitely women that only feel the need to point this out.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.