Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Naturally thin people facing prejudice?

Announcements Posted on
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astinof)
    It's not impossible, just eat more than usual, you'll always put on weight, it's impossible NOT to put on weight if you eat loads and exercise loads. And trust me, i've spent my whole life infront of all types of guys and when a girl has a small butt AND small boobs it literally makes them go 'EWWWWW' especially if you add being skinny to it. Guys just don't say that kind of stuff to people's faces. Obviously if it's some desperate ugly dude he wouldn't mind but good looking guys would. I'm just being real, good luck!
    I have small boobs and a small bum and I've had plenty of boyfriends/flings/admirers....thankyouverymuch :cool:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    This whole "naturally thin" people is a load of crap, really. There are some people who do have faster metabolisms and are more prone to burning fat/calories of course, but it's not natural to be skinny. That's coming from a skinny male who's put finally started putting on weight properly this year.

(Original post by youbonkers)
    I don't personally get offended when someone makes a slightly mean skinny remark. I take it as a compliment because let's face it, everyone knows skinny is hot and anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves.

Not saying that some people don't look amazing with curves because it really suits some people, on the whole I just think slim looks a hell of a lot better than fat rolls.

Oh and not including men in this. Skinny men don't do it for me. Althought what if they feel the same way about me? :eek:
    "Skinny" has negative connotations. Makes the person sound underweight, unhealthy. Skinny isn't hot, because unhealthy isn't hot. If someone has a low body fat percentage combined with very little lean body mass it looks awful (on both genders). Women should have a naturally higher bodyfat percentage than men anyway (because of higher estogen levels).

So yeah, not everyone knows that skinny is hot. I sure as hell don't find it hot, and I'm a pretty damn skinny male (although I shouldn't be skinny for too much longer!). I can guarantee that women are more big on the "skinny" thing than guys are.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Regularly throughout my childhood I was told to 'eat more' or 'get some meat on those bones'

I'm a guy and thought I was quite skinny, but my BMI is actually 19.7 (not that BMI should by taken too seriously.)

You've got to remember that people are getting fatter but just because a lot of people are fat doesn't mean that its acceptable.

As for the 'guy don't like skinny girls' thing, that will be true for a few guys but just as many are put off by overweight girls.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends at college is on the heavier side and her facebook page is full of ''Only dogs like a bone!'' and ''Real women are curvy!'' It's so annoying, because I can't help being thin no more than she can being a bit heavy?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Isn't being too skinny quite a big problem in Zimbabwe?
    Touche.

At least there's no 'curvy' people to call them out on their weight. Even Mugabe rocks dem cheek bones.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same here, Im a guy (6ft3) slim build, and i always hear people saying "why dont you eat something". I actually eat a lot, its just that im naturally slim
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drapetomanic)
    Touche.

At least there's no 'curvy' people to call them out on their weight. Even Mugabe rocks dem cheek bones.
    You made me lol, here is your reward

Spoiler:
    Show

:drool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    I have small boobs and a small bum and I've had plenty of boyfriends/flings/admirers....thankyouverymuch :cool:
    Yeah but that doesn't mean they found your body attractive. Katie Price is what I call ATTRACTIVE, girls could learn a thing or two off her.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're an ugly person from the inside too. Racist cow.
    What I find stupid is when people say someone is beautiful on the inside. That's not what physical attraction, aka beauty, is about lol. Noob.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be you though...you know, the one getting all the talk about being skinny :yes:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darklady.)
    I'm naturally thin/skinny 5'4 and 108lbs, i eat a normal and healthy diet and don't have any problems with eating. I have a small chest and bum, but that just comes with being thin, i'm completely happy with my figure unlike before, i used to hate being skinny because of the less curvage. I am sick and tired of this new trend where fat people try to feel better about themselves by attacking naturally thin people. These days it's become only correct to like fat. I'm sick of hearing comments like "Oh no, you must be annorexic because your thin!" "You look unhealthy, eat something!" and the ... wait for it... the most cliche jelous statement ever... "Guys don't like women with figures of a small boy, they like real curves." Any other skinnies noticing this? Why do you think people fail to see that skinny doesn't nessacarily mean unhealthy. I can understand it though, if someone is purposely not eating, then that isn't healthy.
    My parents are also thin, so i must have some japanese ancestry somewhere in my family tree.
    Amen to this.

Every time I meet new people they immeditaly asume I have a eating disorder. :rolleyes: Then they realise I eat more than them...and their friends combined.

Plus the "Guys don't like women with figures of a small boy, they like real curves." p*sses me off like no tomorrow. The worst is when they use the term 'real women'. What..so naturally thin people aren't real. Wow. Thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    You made me lol, here is your reward

Spoiler:
    Show

:drool:
    Tell OP that's what a real woman looks like.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Please don't take this the wrong way but you're never going to get a decent looking guy with no chest and no butt. Just saying.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha.

This amused me. Its just so downright stupid.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darklady.)
    I'm naturally thin/skinny 5'4 and 108lbs, i eat a normal and healthy diet and don't have any problems with eating. I have a small chest and bum, but that just comes with being thin, i'm completely happy with my figure unlike before, i used to hate being skinny because of the less curvage. I am sick and tired of this new trend where fat people try to feel better about themselves by attacking naturally thin people. These days it's become only correct to like fat. I'm sick of hearing comments like "Oh no, you must be annorexic because your thin!" "You look unhealthy, eat something!" and the ... wait for it... the most cliche jelous statement ever... "Guys don't like women with figures of a small boy, they like real curves." Any other skinnies noticing this? Why do you think people fail to see that skinny doesn't nessacarily mean unhealthy. I can understand it though, if someone is purposely not eating, then that isn't healthy.
    My parents are also thin, so i must have some japanese ancestry somewhere in my family tree.
    Jealousy.
    Nothing more.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Listen, I'm skinny and the only people who've commented on it in a hurtful way are self conscious, slightly over weight girls. So, you should really take it as a compliment that you are the cause of envy.

Secondly, do you really want to be classified as a real woman regarding the Daily Mails criteria anyway? I'd rather not fit their description thanks!

And thirdly, skinny is attractive, just as being voluptuous is. Different strokes for different blokes. Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp are completely different yet equally attractive. There's no one description of what's hot. Why else do some people fawn over Miranda Kerr and Natalie Portman whilst others cry over Christina Hendricks and Nigella Lawson?

Honestly, in real life this issue is barely existent except for a few catty remarks. Yet when you look on here or read tabloids it's made into the biggest issue in the world!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanR)
    This whole "naturally thin" people is a load of crap, really. There are some people who do have faster metabolisms and are more prone to burning fat/calories of course, but it's not natural to be skinny. That's coming from a skinny male who's put finally started putting on weight properly this year.
    out of sheer curiosity...how have you begun to gain weight?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuggerJay)
    out of sheer curiosity...how have you begun to gain weight?
    Eating more and picking up heavy stuff. If you're a skinny guy looking to put on mass and strength the GOMAD (Gallon of Milk a Day) diet is one of the easiest starting steps.

(Original post by PippaLowthorpe)
    One of my friends at college is on the heavier side and her facebook page is full of ''Only dogs like a bone!'' and ''Real women are curvy!'' It's so annoying, because I can't help being thin no more than she can being a bit heavy?
    Except both of you can help your weights with correct diet and exercise...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Agree 100%. I hate this smear campaign against skinny people in this country where they are saying there is a problem with the media encouraging "size zero"? Are these people serious! The hospitals are chocked full of lard asses, there is an obesity epedic in this country yet we are concerned about how "skinny models are encouraging our children to be unhealthy"! :facepalm: Or when you see an article of a supposed "real" woman with curves, and there's a picture of some fat heifer with more tyers than an articulated lorry! Don't get me wrong I love curves, but half these people proclaiming to be curvy are just plain fat! And this country is deluded if they think we have a problem with skinny people.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yea right, people hating on slim people :rolleyes:
    Attention seeking much? :cookie:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone even called me anorexic for being thin in a Facebook picture. Dear God, if they could see how much **** I cram into my mouth in a day...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.