Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Fashion Student..Where to go...

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi im going to uni in September 2012, I'm studying Fashion Marketing or Fashion buying/Merchandising. I have a place at MMU, Southampton (Winchester School of Art) and Westminster. Could any current student recommend any of them? I havent heard great things about Westminster.,,,

I want the best course, with best facilities etc. And also good night life would be good! :cheers:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yoo! I was in a similar sitch as you, I had offers off MMU, Southampton, Westminster and Northumbria. I decided on MMU as my firm tho and Northumbria and my insurance, simply cos Westminster and Southampton are a bit too South from where I live. I've heard great things about Westminster, in fact I know a girl who did fashion design there and now designs leather jackets for Rihanna D: regardless of that I couldn't look at the expenses of living in London. The course at Southampton looks dece but i didn't like the sound of living on the Winchester campus. MMU looks ideal, mint city, night lifes class and the course looks sweet too! Hope this helps ya x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxannareay)
    yoo! I was in a similar sitch as you, I had offers off MMU, Southampton, Westminster and Northumbria. I decided on MMU as my firm tho and Northumbria and my insurance, simply cos Westminster and Southampton are a bit too South from where I live. I've heard great things about Westminster, in fact I know a girl who did fashion design there and now designs leather jackets for Rihanna D: regardless of that I couldn't look at the expenses of living in London. The course at Southampton looks dece but i didn't like the sound of living on the Winchester campus. MMU looks ideal, mint city, night lifes class and the course looks sweet too! Hope this helps ya x
    Hi, thanks for replying! ahh i see, will you be started in september also then? MMU did have the best atmosphere, but being based in the south its quite far for me! But i guess having distance from home is all part of the experience. Yeah i'm not sure about Southampton just becuase the area was so quiet and it seemed quite excluded. And that is the major thing putting me off Westminster, the money!! I dont mind being a poor student but when I graduate i'll owe about £50,000 which is just soooo much! :eek4:

What accommodation will you be staying in at MMU? (if you end up there)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willouel)
    Hi, thanks for replying! ahh i see, will you be started in september also then? MMU did have the best atmosphere, but being based in the south its quite far for me! But i guess having distance from home is all part of the experience. Yeah i'm not sure about Southampton just becuase the area was so quiet and it seemed quite excluded. And that is the major thing putting me off Westminster, the money!! I dont mind being a poor student but when I graduate i'll owe about £50,000 which is just soooo much! :eek4:

What accommodation will you be staying in at MMU? (if you end up there)
    Yeah I'm doing International Fashion Marketing, are you doing the same like? 50 grand is a ridic amount can't believe how expensive it is man. I applied for my accommodation the other week picked like Cambridge, Briarfields en-suite, Oxford en-suite and Victoria en-suite in that order. Everyone tells ya to apply for Daisy Bank cause its close to hollings campus but its absolutely in the middle of nowhere, doesn't really make sense to me since theirs buses everywhere and you'll only be at uni 15 hours a week or summit rather be in the centre ! Not sure whether i'll benefit from not having an en-suite or not but if i end up living at Cambridge at least i'll save a bit of dollar. Duno what to expect from Cambridge Hall either haha looks a bit like a bit sketchy, pure like a school dinner hall, fingers crossed its not too gully and the people there will make up for it lookin like a prison haha where are you applying to?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxannareay)
    Yeah I'm doing International Fashion Marketing, are you doing the same like? 50 grand is a ridic amount can't believe how expensive it is man. I applied for my accommodation the other week picked like Cambridge, Briarfields en-suite, Oxford en-suite and Victoria en-suite in that order. Everyone tells ya to apply for Daisy Bank cause its close to hollings campus but its absolutely in the middle of nowhere, doesn't really make sense to me since theirs buses everywhere and you'll only be at uni 15 hours a week or summit rather be in the centre ! Not sure whether i'll benefit from not having an en-suite or not but if i end up living at Cambridge at least i'll save a bit of dollar. Duno what to expect from Cambridge Hall either haha looks a bit like a bit sketchy, pure like a school dinner hall, fingers crossed its not too gully and the people there will make up for it lookin like a prison haha where are you applying to?
    ahh i'm glad you said that! I didnt bother applying for Daisy Bank because it look so distant from everything. And the bus service seems really good, or just walk from the centre, nice bit of exercise! My first choice is Oxford, then Cambridge then Victoria (all En-suite) Can't be doing with sharing a bathroom! haha I'm sure there all fine though it just depends on the people you live with really and what you make of it. And no I'm on the Fashion Buying and Merchandising course...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 17, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.