Results are out! Find what you Get quick advice or join the chat

Unlock these great extras with your FREE membership

  • One-on-one advice about results day and Clearing
  • Free access to our personal statement wizard
  • Customise TSR to suit how you want to use it

National Identity Card

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Rate your uni — help us build a league table based on real student views 19-08-2015
  1. Offline


    I must send my National Identity Card to SFE. However, on 5th May I'm going on holidays (abroad) and I'll need this card. My question is: Do I have to send them original card ?? or copy will be fine ??

    I'm not sure if they'll be able to send it back to me by 5th of May.

    PS. I'm going to send it tomorrow.
    I'm non-UK applicant, but I'm living in UK for more than 5 years.

  2. Offline

    for my mom's P60 they specifically said copies as the documents will be destroyed afterwards
    so if they havent said anything specific I'd send a copy just in case
  3. Offline

    It says: National Identity Card. nothing more....
  4. Offline

    Hmmm, I wasn't allowed to send a copy of my passport, it had to be the original. So I'm guessing it needs to be the original. Although YMMV.

    When SF was handled by the LEA where you lived, I was able to take my passport in so that I didn't have to send it in the post.
  5. Offline

    It will probably need to be the original, I'd call them up to check.

    If you do need to send the original I'd wait until after you got back. There's no guarantees you'll get it back within a month.


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 5, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

New on TSR

Rate your uni

Help build a new league table

How do you read?
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.