Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I end it?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So me and my boyfriend have been together nearly 9 months now. We've had our ups and downs like all couples but generally things are great. He's cute, sweet, kind, makes me tea when I'm tired always wants to hang out with me etc. But recently I've been wondering whether I'm with him because I love him or just because he is the perfect guy? There is nothing in the relationship that warrants us breaking up (except in a few months as he is moving to the US). But sometimes it just dosent feel right (though sometimes it does!?) I'm so confused! Anyone have any advice? :confused:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only you can work that out. If he does everything right, why wouldn't you love him? So why do you have these doubts?
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe discuss it with him and see if he feels any differently. But if you are having these thoughts then you probably aren't feeling it enough.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    What makes you think he's the "perfect guy"?.. the fact that you have doubts indicates that you don't even believe that to be the case ~ he's perfectly nice* to you.. which is something different
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    What makes you think he's the "perfect guy"?.. the fact that you have doubts indicates that you don't even believe that to be the case ~ he's perfectly nice* to you.. which is something different
    I don't know, he's just so sweet and kind and lovely. I guess my problem is that I've always thought there needs to be a REASON to break up and theres not other than my feelings. I guess you are right Lucia if I'm having these thoughts it probably isn't enough... But really don't want to hurt him...
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green_girl94)
    But really don't want to hurt him...
    Well, put yourself in his shoes.. he needs to know if it isn't all rosey sooner or later. If it were me I'd tell my partner that I love them but that when they go away we should go back to being friends so we can both pursue happiness while he is away

If he really forces you into a corner then you must just be totally honest and say it's been great but that you are young and want to experiment different things with different people

He'll never take it well if he is really into you but at least you'll have done the right thing in the long term by you both
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah foo is right, and it's hard to leave a relationship without hurting someone in the process. You have to rely on the knowledge that what you did was right. Hindsight will be kind to you.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.