The Student Room Group

Why do women find the "ripped look" attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SamanthaBrick
obviously, every girl is x

No, but I want guys to pay for my rail ticket xxxx
Reply 41
Original post by Dimples18
I wasn't basing it on profession, i was referring to looks. Would you like to see a girl that looks anorexic? No. Exactly, most guys these days tend to go for the skinny look, but the worst feeling is feeling a guys arm and touching their bones. A guy who has meat on him and is toned is much more attractive.

LOL, they don't go for it, it just happens because they don't go for anything.

two main situations:

1) student with **** lifestyle
2) heroin addict

It's a similar outcome.
Reply 42
Original post by Eveiebaby
I don't like the ripped look either. I don't like extremes of size. I like slim built men with natural bodies.

They aren't enough facepalms on the whole of the internet to adequately respond to this. :smile:
Original post by Thomas x
I'd say personality is.

If you look great, but have the personality of a fish then it's going to be so boring.

You can only look at someone for so long before you get bored.

Looks will get you so far, but personality will keep things strong.

Of course. But physically, the face is the most important feature on a woman.
Original post by TheGirlNextDoor
No, but I want guys to pay for my rail ticket xxxx

just ask them how to use the self serve and they usually offer to show and pay xx
It's to do with health and passing on good healthy genes.

The super ripped aren't that attractive because sub 4% bf doesn't "look" healthy.

But being ripped and muscular implies you have good healthy genes to pass on/mate with.

Same way men aren't usually attracted to fat women because its not healthy (by fat I mean obese looking).

Similar to why men like big boobs and butts. There's also a theory that women like bigger penises because it implies the male is better at reproducing.

I think thats the answer you're looking for.

Original post by Dark Horse
It has occurred to me before that there seems to be no real reason why being "ripped" would indicate a high-status male. So why do women find it more attractive than, say, someone who looks a little flabby?

I'm just theorizing here, but back in ape days, surely the leader of the tribe would not go out to hunt? If lion culture is anything to go by, the rest of the tribe would go out to hunt and be under the orders of and wait upon the tribal leader. And common sense dictates that the hunter-gatherers would be more ripped than the tribal leader?

Perhaps that's it? The tribal leader can have the pick of the women and being ripped indicates a lower status and therefore more likely to be single?
Original post by SamanthaBrick
just ask them how to use the self serve and they usually offer to show and pay xx

But you didn't ask for self serve, he just paid for you!
Original post by silent ninja
Of course. But physically, the face is the most important feature on a woman.

Disagree: the booty is.
I should add in strong to healthy. And "beautiful" women tend to have features beneficial to bringing up babies.

Signs like clear skin (skin is a major indicator of health) ect ect...
They aren't enough facepalms on the whole of the internet to adequately respond to this. :smile:

You can't face palm my taste in men. I always have gone for the same sort of build. I just like it.

I just think men who are slim look much better in their clothes and I'm attracted to gentleness and grace.

For some reason really muscle men just look oafish and clumsy to me. I appreciate that it takes a lot of work to achieve that level of chiselled-ness, but it just doesnt do anything to stir fire from within. It rather douses those loin flames for me :frown:

I'm well aware I don't prescribe to the super-macho ideal of male attractiveness, but variety is the spice of life.
(edited 12 years ago)
I appreciate the 'ripped look' on men because it indicates that they take care of themselves. Healthy equals sexy a lot of the time.

However, I do ultimately prefer cuddly, slightly chubby men if I'm honest :colondollar:
I love how girls come on here and say "hey not all girls find lean ripped guys sexy"

And not one guy says "hey not all guys find slim girls with a great rack and tight ass sexy"

Because guys tell the truth.
Women's boobs and ass are disproportionately large in comparison to other animals. It's called sexual selection.
Reply 53
You can't face palm my taste in men. I always have gone for the same sort of build. I just like it.

The face palm was for your general ignorance. :smile:
The face palm was for your general ignorance. :smile:

LOL @ your general arrogance and assumption. I merely stated my opinion and stated nothing about other women as a whole. No need to get all haughty.
Reply 55
Evolution. Bigger muscles = hey our kids would be big and strong too = let's have sex.
Reply 56
LOL @ your general arrogance and assumption. I merely stated my opinion and stated nothing about other women as a whole. No need to get all haughty.

You still don't get it. Why don't you just go play somewhere else, child? :smile:
You are calling me child now. LOL!

Ok, I've been put in my place by someone younger than myself. What is your big point, oh clever one. I only joined the debate to give my genuine point of view. I'm not trying to make a statement.

I really think you've misunderstood me. I don't really mind though.

EDIT: TYPOS
(edited 12 years ago)
So alpha male apes ruled by fear? Seems plausible enough.

And imo the "bigger tits" thing is more of an indication of a woman's ability to provide nutrition to our offspring.

The alpha male ape is dominant over all the members of the community, male and female. He attains his high-ranking position through intimidation, strength, and intelligence, often exhibited in "dominance displays."
So yeah: he was the strongest and most ripped.

Yes, it's a bit the same thing if you think about it. It is sexual selection: we have a natural attraction to those who can contribute the best to the development of the race. As you said, bigger breasts are a positive factor in a female as they indicate fertility. For a male, it is strenght mostly.
Reply 59
Original post by mikestraws
I love how girls come on here and say "hey not all girls find lean ripped guys sexy"

And not one guy says "hey not all guys find slim girls with a great rack and tight ass sexy"

Because guys tell the truth.

Classic example is on 'take me out' ..just before the round where the bloke turns the girls lights off the ugly ones turn their light off to save the humiliation. Hence all the crap on TSR such as 'I like skinny fat, short ugly guys because that is my preference '
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest