Reply 40
Original post by Aack
My advice for your mate:

1) Get aids
2) Loose weight
3) Give her aids

Surely, that's a lose-lose situation :tongue:
Original post by Onlyboyintheworld
Hi, firstly this is on behalf of my best mate. Hes 18 years old. He has been going out with the same girl since they were 15 and it was all going well till recently. My mate is 5 foot 9 inches tall average build and used to be a slender 11 stone 7 and had a lean 31'' waist. Sadly though he was involved in an accident which left him off work for 6 months, and in a wheelchair. ( He has recoved fully now) During that time however he gained weight. He now weighs a hefty 13 stone 7 pounds and his waist has increased to 36''. His girl friend says she doesnt find him attractive now and is threatening to leave him. He says he's happy with his body. What should he do ? Is he overweight ? Should he dump her ? Is she right ?

Although, it's good to lose the weight especially weight gained from being relatively inactive due to being confined to a wheelchair. If his gf, is threatening to chuck him purely on those grounds, maybe their relationship isn't as sound as he'd like and maybe he should chuck her and find someone better.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by andrewpeters
"A mate" yeah?

On a more serious note, if the girl would leave merely on a boy putting on some weight, she aint worth it! Leave her before she does!

Ridiculous, people fall in love/fall for the person they meet.

Most people are shallow anyway, even if they say their not.
At the end of the day no one wants to be a lard arse or be stuck with one.
But instead of forcing yourself to do exercise for her, why not do exercise for yourself to make you happier?
Reply 44
Original post by Jampolo
u mad?

Not in the slightest, you silly goose.
Reply 45
Original post by vox001
She says "get fit"
He says "get f***ed"
Problem solved.

This

Then get fit because you want to, not because some girl tells you to
Reply 46
Original post by Br1stol
Wow some people are soo superficial. Ok i understand that it is the attration when you first meet but when you are married surely that becomes less important too you? I mean i know i wouldnt be happy if my partner gained a huuuge amount of weight simply as it is not looking after herself but i wouldnt threaten to leave them because of it. So what happend if your husband managed to get a big scar on his body or lost all his hair or something, would you leave him to because the physical attraction has been affected?

You don't just get married to have security for the rest of your life. Marriage involves a relationship--emotional as well as physical. You cannot discount the physical aspect of a relationship because you think security/"love" is the only thing of importance.

There is a reason 50%+ marriages end in divorce. Marriage is not unconditional love forever with no consequences for any action. No one wants to marry someone slim and attractive, only to have them fall into security/laziness to become a lard-ass. If my husband starts gaining weight, I tell him. I also do not let myself gain weight. Marriage takes work, and staying attractive is part of that work. Yes, people lose hair or get hurt, that's a little different than becoming a slovenly person. Bald guys can look good, scars are a part of life, getting fat (or at least staying fat in this person's case) is just laziness.

I'm not saying all marriages dissolve because people get fat or anything, but what I am saying is that physical attraction (as well as mental attraction of being with someone who takes care of his/herself, is an active, motivated person) is a part of marriage, and will always be until hormones/sex organs finally **** out when people are in their late 60s-70s~.
He should sneak her some weight-gain bars and make her fat, too. Then they could be fat together. :wink:
Reply 48
It's fairly tactless on her behalf and she should be dumped because of it. If it was as serious accident, he needs all the time he can get!

If she was encouraging him and was trying to help him lose weight, that would be fine and dandy; but issuing him an ultimatum? Stone cold.
Reply 49
I lost weight when I was in a cast and barely moved for 6 weeks. I just ate less because I knew I wouldn't need the calories.
Reply 50
How long has it been since he fully recovered? This will change everything, if it was about a day after he was pronounced "fully recovered" then she can **** off. If it's been 6 months since his body fully recovered, then maybe she has a point
Thanks
Reply 52
Original post by mikestraws

Plant your mushroom tip somewhere else man.

+rep you.
Reply 53
Original post by sarahoo
Exactly all of this. I'm married, and when my husband began putting on weight, I kindly let him know he shouldn't be drinking so often and should probably exercise more because his trousers were no longer fitting properly. He doesn't want to get fat any more than I want him to, though... and yes, 36" waist on a 5'9" dude is overweight--my old-man bellied dad is a 36".

And if I were getting fat, I'd want my husband to let me know, too, but I'm already pretty aware when I put on a few lbs, so it ain't a thang, if you will.

What? Well, your husband wasn't involve in an accident was he? The OP did. Big difference gaining weight because of an accident and just plain slob lazy..
Original post by onlyboyintheworld
hi, firstly this is on behalf of my best mate. Hes 18 years old. He has been going out with the same girl since they were 15 and it was all going well till recently. My mate is 5 foot 9 inches tall average build and used to be a slender 11 stone 7 and had a lean 31'' waist. Sadly though he was involved in an accident which left him off work for 6 months, and in a wheelchair. ( he has recoved fully now) during that time however he gained weight. He now weighs a hefty 13 stone 7 pounds and his waist has increased to 36''. His girl friend says she doesnt find him attractive now and is threatening to leave him. He says he's happy with his body. What should he do ? Is he overweight ? Should he dump her ? Is she right ?

profit!!!!!!!! :e:e
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Llamageddon
If it's for a mate then why is the title "girlfriend wants me to get fit"???

Because YOUR gf wants me to get fit to fit "it" in her world. :colone:
Original post by philistine
Next that ho.

Rep back.
Reply 57
Original post by sarahoo
getting fat (or at least staying fat in this person's case) is just laziness.

Generalization much?

I do wonder why on earth would a man want to marry people like you. Threatening before getting married hardly seems to be an ideal relationship..

If you want to argue why people get devorce yada yada, I could also speculate relationship like yours would end the spouse cheating on the other.. why? go figure..

Original post by Br1stol
Wow some people are soo superficial. Ok i understand that it is the attration when you first meet but when you are married surely that becomes less important too you? I mean i know i wouldnt be happy if my partner gained a huuuge amount of weight simply as it is not looking after herself but i wouldnt threaten to leave them because of it. So what happend if your husband managed to get a big scar on his body or lost all his hair or something, would you leave him to because the physical attraction has been affected?

Exactly.
Thnaks
Bang her first, then tell her to do one.

Quick Reply

Latest