Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not sure what to do - Do I try it with her?

Announcements Posted on

So I've been away on a school trip this past week, and I feel like I've gotten quite close to a girl who I've known since the beginning of the year. She's quite good looking and I'm probably punching above my weight. But she's really friendly, probably tries too hard to fit in and stuff is the general opinion from peers on her, but that's probably cos she was new and from what I've heard has moved about quite a bit previously.

But the last week she's made the effort to talk to me a lot more, but is this just because she had no other 'friends' on the trip?! :confused: On the way home yesterday she told me how she really didn't like a guy who she'd been hanging about with all week and who everybody thought were really into each other. So clearly she prefers me to him if she's talking about that stuff and telling me that? She had a big piss up basically a while back and I wasn't invited but shes already said she wants me to come to the next time, if there is one.

Wow, and just as I was writing this I started talking to her and she sounds really eager for me to go to something tomorrow night. I'm not invited and I'm working, but she really wants me to come it seems.

Do you think she's worth it or is it just a friendship thing?? :confused: Either way glad to have become so close to somebody.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just enjoy the friendship, and pick the right moment to go 'kino', gauge her response and take it from there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Just enjoy the friendship, and pick the right moment to go 'kino', gauge her response and take it from there
    "kino" is German for "cinema," so while I know you mean kinetics and touch, you may be confusing some people.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie)
    "kino" is German for "cinema," so while I know you mean kinetics and touch, you may be confusing some people.
    General confusion of n00bs on the net is part of the spice of life mon frere <3

Haha right cheers guys, think that's what'll happen.

The thing tonight never went ahead or was interrupted and she text me to let me know this, still sounds alright I suppose, I'll just keep making the effort, but not too much.

So what do you mean by 'Gauge' her interest and that?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So what do you mean by 'Gauge' her interest and that?
    Spend some time in her company, once she's reasonably (but not too) comfortable have a wee bit of horseplay when you're alone, gauge her reactions and see where it leads

Spend some time in her company, once she's reasonably (but not too) comfortable have a wee bit of horseplay when you're alone, gauge her reactions and see where it leads
    Yep. Cheers.

She's just died her hair and pictures are on Facebook and... Wow. She's beautiful. Everybody's noticing it now, problem is I think she's a bit of an attention whore.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    She's just died her hair and pictures are on Facebook and... Wow. She's beautiful. Everybody's noticing it now, problem is I think she's a bit of an attention whore.
    Then you must stretch her, only way an attention whore will ever: a) respect you; b) come down to earth :cool:

Then you must stretch her, only way an attention whore will ever: a) respect you; b) come down to earth :cool:
    Lol, and this means?

She really does seem decent with me, making up nicknames and stuff, but I just feel like one of many with her and I wouldn't want it to be like that. :P

I'm thinking I may as well go for it, that's the reason for all of this. Just need to see her in person more.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol, and this means?
    Challenge and inspire her, and be ready to 'strike while the iron's hot' e.g. when you're watching a movie together or at a party o suttin :cool:

I just feel like one of many with her and I wouldn't want it to be like that. :P
    Then it's up to you to ensure you're not. Some girls will be suckers for you from the get-go, others require a guy to set himself apart, by demonstrating 'value', and/or how he is different from the rest

I'm thinking I may as well go for it, that's the reason for all of this. Just need to see her in person more.
    Aye you may as well 'take the bull by the horns'

The beauty of situations such as those given above is that you can take the edge off rejection really easily and excuse it away as just 'getting caught up in the moment'

Think of it as 'a shot to nothing' then, and remember: 'Who dares, wins'

Boy I've excelled myself with all the clichés in this post

Cheers for the replies man, much appreciated, you're thinking the same as I was, yeah!

You lucky enough to be going to Wembley tomorrow?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.