Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17604014

Anyone else think this is a joke?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why?

Let the men coach the men and the women coach the women.

Nobody would respect a female manager anyway.

Harsh but true.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    "I have a pro licence and there are several other women around the world who have pro licences."
    Jesus - The floodgates are open
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no chance, its just not possible that a group of 20-odd men are going to listen and respect the decisions made by a woman in regards to football.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately it's very unlikely and certainly not going to happen within 10 years.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    If she has the fitness to keep up, which im sure they will do for that level, and has the ability to make key decisions and be a good ref then i literally see no point in stopping it? Dont see why gender comes into it.

It may even cut down on the 'Quick every player on the pitch crowd the ref to get our decision made' crap that goes on

This is about the refereeing part of the article
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be a good thing to see but its hard to picture.... what with any 'professional' football team having their fair share of cocky, thuggish players
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxbradkennedyxx)
    no chance, its just not possible that a group of 20-odd men are going to listen and respect the decisions made by a woman in regards to football.
    Why not?

Footballers arent some distant race. Men that age outside of football respect women, thus men inside of football can respect them. If some of them cant they can just deal with it in their own ignorant way.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    If she has the fitness to keep up, which im sure they will do for that level, and has the ability to make key decisions and be a good ref then i literally see no point in stopping it? Dont see why gender comes into it.

It may even cut down on the 'Quick every player on the pitch crowd the ref to get our decision made' crap that goes on
    Yes but can they be a manager?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can see a female Football League manager within the next 10 years. A female Premier League manager is further away.

I respect Hope Powell's views as she has done a good job managing the ladies' national team.

I have no respect for the views of Lawrie Sanchez, who should not be wasting his time offering his irrelevant views to the press while the club he manages (Barnet, who I support) have been run into the ground under his management, especially while we are in a relegation battle after one win in about 15 games.

SANCHEZ OUT.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy16)
    I think it would be a good thing to see but its hard to picture.... what with any 'professional' football team having their fair share of cocky, thuggish players
    This tbh. I CAN imagine a woman with the personality to take that on but it IS difficult to picture! There probably is a surplus of male managers so it's unlikely a woman would be given the job unless she's really really good, and to prove that she would have had to work her way up I guess from the lower leagues. Possible, but probably difficult. You would have to make this your career and I can't see many women taking that risk.

On the other hand I'm sure there are men coaching women's teams so I'm wondering why it's so "outrageous" to suggest the opposite could happen.

Not in the next 10 years. In 50 years perhaps... when the more sexist generation has died off...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRS-T)
    Why?

Let the men coach the men and the women coach the women.

Nobody would respect a female manager anyway.

Harsh but true.
    At the moment, they barely even do that...

I read somewhere the other day that of the 8 teams in the Women's Super League, only 2 had women as managers.

If women aren't even coaching women, you can be pretty damn sure they won't be coaching men any time soon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't really see this happening, and I'm a woman.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOL
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Why not?

Footballers arent some distant race. Men that age outside of football respect women, thus men inside of football can respect them. If some of them cant they can just deal with it in their own ignorant way.
    not when it comes to football
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a problem. I mean don't force it purely because women have a right to do it etc but if a woman has the relevant qualifications, skill, ability and has proven herself then why not!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noisy06)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17604014

Anyone else think this is a joke?
    Do me a favour love...
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    If there is a problem with hiring black males then I think a black female has almost zero chance of getting a job as a PL manager.
    • 138 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLightyear)
    I don't see a problem. I mean don't force it purely because women have a right to do it etc but if a woman has the relevant qualifications, skill, ability and has proven herself then why not!
    Agree the men that won't respect a female women who has all the relevent qualifications/experience etc as male managers just because they're female are an embarrassment to my gender, men coach in womens football so why not the other way around :rolleyes: attitudes need to change as they at least deserve a chance.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 10, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.