Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

How whites took over America

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It would be an okay video if the Whites had come and applied via a Immigration process run by people the Indians had votes for. Then using their own money bought a piece of land from and Indian who wanted to sell it and lived there. If they had then in anyway adopted Indian culture and raise their kids with an Indian education. Thats more like what's happening now, but not quite the same as what happened in America.

Its a clever video, it basically set the two sides up then says either we are right or you agree with mass murder(they have adopted genocide as a far right term but its in no way the same).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    "indian is just a social construct"

epic!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    It would be an okay video if the Whites had come and applied via a Immigration process run by people the Indians had votes for. Then using their own money bought a piece of land from and Indian who wanted to sell it and lived there. If they had then in anyway adopted Indian culture and raise their kids with an Indian education. Thats more like what's happening now, but not quite the same as what happened in America.

Its a clever video, it basically set the two sides up then says either we are right or you agree with mass murder(they have adopted genocide as a far right term but its in no way the same).
    Not entirely true, both major parties supported mass immigration. People didn't get a choice. Enoch Powell was forced to resign after his speech, which won him huge support; if there had been an election shortly after his speech, approval ratings show he most likely would have been elected prime minister. disclaimer : obviously Powell's tone was unsavoury.

If there isn't an English culture, what is there to integrate into?

The video is a little simplistic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tricorn hats and Morion helmets? There's a 200 year gap between the two.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexbo)
    Tricorn hats and Morion helmets? There's a 200 year gap between the two.
    their video is invalid!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Red Power" lawlz
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    Not entirely true, both major parties supported mass immigration. People didn't get a choice. Enoch Powell was forced to resign after his speech, which won him huge support; if there had been an election shortly after his speech, approval ratings show he most likely would have been elected prime minister. disclaimer : obviously Powell's tone was unsavoury.

If there isn't an English culture, what is there to integrate into?

The video is a little simplistic.
    Major parties are all you could vote for? They are major because the majority of people vote for them. If I recall there are other parties, UKIP & the BNP are very anti immigration most areas had candidates from one of those parties. People had a choice, the fact they didn't make the one you would like doesn't mean it didn't exist.

My point is, an armada that arrives and takes land by force and wages all out war with mass murder on the native population cannot be compared to what is happening in our country regardless of what you think. The video is set up to make you pick one of two sides, but in reality the two sides in the modern and historical situation are not alike.

Since when has there never been a British (it affects more than just England) culture?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic video. It isn't even vaguely funny or accurate.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Major parties are all you could vote for? They are major because the majority of people vote for them. If I recall there are other parties, UKIP & the BNP are very anti immigration most areas had candidates from one of those parties. People had a choice, the fact they didn't make the one you would like doesn't mean it didn't exist.

My point is, an armada that arrives and takes land by force and wages all out war with mass murder on the native population cannot be compared to what is happening in our country regardless of what you think. The video is set up to make you pick one of two sides, but in reality the two sides in the modern and historical situation are not alike.

Since when has there never been a British (it affects more than just England) culture?
    That's ignoring the fact that voting for any other party than either conservative or labour (especially in the 60's/70's) was basically wasting your vote, especially with our first past the post system. UKIP didn't exist, and a large amount of people will have not wanted to vote NF or whatever because of their obvious hatred. They had a choice of party, but only 2 parties could have got into power, so no they didn't really have a choice, regardless of my feelings.

I agree with that point, it is too simplistic. However some points are made that have legitimacy in the video.

There isn't really a unified British culture, however there are English, Scots, Welsh cultures and of course regional variations within that. Telling people that they aren't a collective group, that they never have been, that they don't have a "definable" culture is very damaging. Discriminatory perhaps. It is not uncommon to hear people say these things.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That's ignoring the fact that voting for any other party than either conservative or labour (especially in the 60's/70's) was basically wasting your vote, especially with our first past the post system. UKIP didn't exist, and a large amount of people will have not wanted to vote NF or whatever because of their obvious hatred. They had a choice of party, but only 2 parties could have got into power, so no they didn't really have a choice, regardless of my feelings.

I agree with that point, it is too simplistic. However some points are made that have legitimacy in the video.

There isn't really a unified British culture, however there are English, Scots, Welsh cultures and of course regional variations within that. Telling people that they aren't a collective group, that they never have been, that they don't have a "definable" culture is very damaging. Discriminatory perhaps. It is not uncommon to hear people say these things.
    I was talking more about here and now, rather than what has already happened. But still, its only wasting your vote if the majority don't vote with you. It wasn't long ago a LibDem vote was considered a wasted vote. The majority voting pattern is basis of democracy, if the majority vote the wrong way, you can't then use that as a basis for there being no choice, the majority have chosen.

As for the NF argument, I don't even see how it exists. The NF was formed in opposition to immigration and multiculturalist policies in Britain. If it was hated it was because people opposed that. It was the 4th biggest party in the 70's in terms of representation, yet support for them collapsed.

I wasn't stating that Britain culture was homogeneous only, you can't just say English culture as if immigration policy means only integration into English culture. There are a number of Pakistanis and Bangladeshi's in Scotland too for example, its not like they are immune from the effects of immigration.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was talking more about here and now, rather than what has already happened. But still, its only wasting your vote if the majority don't vote with you. It wasn't long ago a LibDem vote was considered a wasted vote. The majority voting pattern is basis of democracy, if the majority vote the wrong way, you can't then use that as a basis for there being no choice, the majority have chosen.

As for the NF argument, I don't even see how it exists. The NF was formed in opposition to immigration and multiculturalist policies in Britain. If it was hated it was because people opposed that. It was the 4th biggest party in the 70's in terms of representation, yet support for them collapsed.

I wasn't stating that Britain culture was homogeneous only, you can't just say English culture as if immigration policy means only integration into English culture. There are a number of Pakistanis and Bangladeshi's in Scotland too for example, its not like they are immune from the effects of immigration.
    Oh right, I was talking about the first wave of mass immigration.
    As they know that a non-mainstream party is very unlikely to get in.
    As I said before, Enoch Powell had majority support after his speech, but he was forced to resign. Leaving a choice between Labour and Conservative, both of which supported mass immigration.

I meant that people wouldn't vote NF or other far-right parties because the ordinary people wouldn't have supported the hatred that these groups espouse. Opposing multiculturalism and mass immigration doesn't make you want to deny the holocaust or beat up minorities.

..k. I was making a point more about how it is harmful to challenge whether people have an identity. I said english culture initially as most of the mass immigration has been to England. Integration has been smoother in Scotland, arguably because Scots (of all ethnicities) are encouraged to be proud of being Scottish. Obviously this eases integration.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, I was talking about the first wave of mass immigration.
    As they know that a non-mainstream party is very unlikely to get in.
    As I said before, Enoch Powell had majority support after his speech, but he was forced to resign. Leaving a choice between Labour and Conservative, both of which supported mass immigration.

I meant that people wouldn't vote NF or other far-right parties because the ordinary people wouldn't have supported the hatred that these groups espouse. Opposing multiculturalism and mass immigration doesn't make you want to deny the holocaust or beat up minorities.
    Enoch Powell was part of the conservative party, he was never party leader. You never had a choice to vote for Enoch Powell. You could have only ever voted for the conservatives. Even though he was forced to resign from the shadow, he was still a member of the conservative party and an MP.

A non-main stream party is unlikely to get in a too many people vote for them. You cannot in one breath say there is no choice, then say the reason there is no choice is because not enough people choose that way. Its doesn't make sense. People have a choice and they don't take it.

I'm cannot personally see the difference. To me the NF were people acting Enoch Powell was someone talking, the fear and perception are the same.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Enoch Powell was part of the conservative party, he was never party leader. You never had a choice to vote for Enoch Powell. You could have only ever voted for the conservatives. Even though he was forced to resign from the shadow, he was still a member of the conservative party and an MP.

A non-main stream party is unlikely to get in a too many people vote for them. You cannot in one breath say there is no choice, then say the reason there is no choice is because not enough people choose that way. Its doesn't make sense. People have a choice and they don't take it.

I'm cannot personally see the difference. To me the NF were people acting Enoch Powell was someone talking, the fear and perception are the same.
    My point. Polls showed Enoch would have been elected had he become tory leader instead of Heath.

Hmm.. bit iffy. about 90 percent of the population was against the Iraq war but as both main parties supported it nothing could be done. People don't get a choice if mainstream parties don't reflect their concerns.

I don't really know what you mean by that. Enoch Powell had vastly different views to those espoused by NF. He never denied the holocaust, wasn't a white supremacist, didn't support violence etc.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    What's wrong with it?
    I've already expressed my views here, how about you actually make an argument instead of just being flippant?

(Original post by prog2djent)
    You were satirized in the vid.
    Again, no actual argument made. By 1910 15% of people living in the US were immigrants.

(Original post by chefdave)
    It's not propaganda it's a parody.
    Starts to look a lot like propaganda when you look at who made it.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    Native Indians had their land forcefully taken of them illegally and they have contracts signed by former presidents to prove that lots of land is theirs.

Sad to see evil people not living up to their contracts.

So much for justice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha. i love it when people take the mick out of the cultural pathologies of the politically correct left.

indian is a social construct! haha. classic!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    People not voting for the NF because they're too violent is the NF's fault, not tory or labour's...

Hmm.. bit iffy. about 90 percent of the population was against the Iraq war but as both main parties supported it nothing could be done. People don't get a choice if mainstream parties don't reflect their concerns.
    Actually UK opinion against was never any more than about 50% before the invasion. And you didn't see even half that number going and voting Lib Dem afterwards.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodeye)
    People not voting for the NF because they're too violent is the NF's fault, not tory or labour's...

Actually UK opinion against was never any more than about 50% before the invasion. And you didn't see even half that number going and voting Lib Dem afterwards.
    Quite. Same outcome though.

The largest protest march ever took place in London against the war. It's evident that the majority of people were against it. This is the point, if the mainstream parties don't respond to the will of the people then there is little choice and people end up with massive changes to their way of life without being given a voice beforehand. This doesn't conduce a healthy society, but a fractured one.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The largest protest march ever took place in London against the war. It's evident that the majority of people were against it. This is the point, if the mainstream parties don't respond to the will of the people then there is little choice and people end up with massive changes to their way of life without being given a voice beforehand. This doesn't conduce a healthy society, but a fractured one.
    Even if we ignore the fact that people against Iraq didn't all vote Lib Dem, you can't say that the everyman's political voice is solely placed in the hands of political parties.

Its a very dramatic viewpoint to suggest that anti-multiculturalists had two choices: keep quiet or take to the streets with the NF. What about peaceful protest, interest groups, petitions, letters to MPs etc.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.