The Student Room Group

Colour of stethoscopes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Becca-Sarah
If you're blonde, ditzy, and carry a pink stethoscope, then you're not going to be judged exactly but you will be the butt of certain jokes.

Like that Suzy girl off of 'Junior Doctors' Series 1, yeah? :tongue:

YES. MOST CERTAINLY.
Original post by Hippokrates
would you look silly with this?
http://www.medisave.co.uk/littmann-2823-classic-2-rainbow.html
I think it's awesome but maybe not so professional

One of my friends has that one, and I don't actually think it looks that nice. Especially in the flesh :dontknow:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
One of my friends has that one, and I don't actually think it looks that nice. Especially in the flesh :dontknow:

ohh there's my dreams shattered
What are the funniest things people have engraved?
An sho on my ware has a dark brown one with brass metal... Looks gooood

Think I'm going for purple though myself... Though I'm sure a few more months of staring at huddles of doctors stethoscopes during ward rounds at work will probably change this
Reply 45
One of the (many) doctors one of my kids saw at A&E had a neon pink stethoscope with a rainbow and glitter resin bell. It was, well, psycadelic? She told me that she had a regular black one at home but used the pink one on A&E because stethoscopes are most likely to go walkabouts in A&E than anywhere else and for some unknown reason, the pink one always made it home.

In emergency situations, nobody will be looking at the stethoscope. I only remember that one because it was BRIGHT and I think it was a superglue the non-bleeding headwound number.

Right now I have an eBay £3 black one, it is perfect for listening to the neighbours conversations...
All black, all the way. The most metal steth of all.
I have one of those fully black ninja ones. I sortve wish I had a coloured one, but it was a gift from my dad so I didn't choose the colour. He's always used one with black tubing so I guess that's why he chose it.

2 of my housemates have the baby pink one though, I don't think it looks particularly nice in person.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by laurenl93
An sho on my ware has a dark brown one with brass metal... Looks gooood

Think I'm going for purple though myself... Though I'm sure a few more months of staring at huddles of doctors stethoscopes during ward rounds at work will probably change this

Purple is the greatest.
Mine is rasberry coloured- which I love. The carribean blue ones are pretty too
Original post by ihaveyourcat
Mine is rasberry coloured- which I love. The carribean blue ones are pretty too

I love the raspberry colour!! :love:

It was my second choice, and I wish I'd got it now, as everyone says my purple one is blue :grumble:
lol, I feel that the first episode of junior doctors must have crashed the sales of the pink stethoscopes :biggrin: hahaha. I like the looks of the bubblegum pink one though, or maybe raspberry :smile:
Original post by digitalis
That's because you are still a student and it is probably a waste of money to buy a paeds steth especially if you are not interested in paeds.

I think trying to listen to an infants chest with my badass master cardiology with the diaphragm taking up the entire chest wall isn't the best way of doing things.

In summary, I think if I was doing paeds as a career or for any amount of time, I would get a paeds steth.

a paeds steth really means neonates to infants ...

depending on what you are talking about the use of specific paeds kit ends anywhere between a year old to puberty ...
Original post by theatrical
You probably won't use it till clinicals anyway...

Get whatever colour and engraving you want, it doesn't matter. I got my full name engraved on mine. Nobody else is going to know what's engraved on it unless you lose it, and once somebody else has taken a fancy to it that's the last you'll see of it.

Mind you, if it looks distinctive there's more chance you'll get it back. A friend of mine has a bright orange one with 'Severus Snape' engraved on it, she got that back pretty quickly after losing it as no one would want to steal it!

hahahaha! This made me laugh so much.:smile:
Mine's burgundy :biggrin:
As long as you don't get one that's sparkly or has fluffy bits on it I'm sure no one will care! :wink:
Besides having 'Becky' on it also makes you seem more approachable and less 'formal' for the patients that notice!
Reply 56
Sorry, I know this topic is old but I didn't want to make a new thread.

I can't chose between the navy blue, rainbow and normal carribean blue. Rainbow was my first choice but not too sure how the brass bit at the top will look on shirts and stuff. If anyone has any pics of any of them in use that'd be great :smile:
Original post by Moonkin
Sorry, I know this topic is old but I didn't want to make a new thread.

I can't chose between the navy blue, rainbow and normal carribean blue. Rainbow was my first choice but not too sure how the brass bit at the top will look on shirts and stuff. If anyone has any pics of any of them in use that'd be great :smile:

Rainbow as in the finish on the metal? Looks garish and a bit tacky to me, but I've not seen one 'in the flesh'.

Personally I think I'll go for burgundy but I also like the look of the all black.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending