Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tuna in water? How to prepare?

Announcements Posted on
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just bought myself one of those canned tuna in water. How do you prepare one of these?

I usually by one of those tuna with mayo where you could just spread it on bread, but I bought this one because it has lesser fat (really really less! :eek:).

I read somewhere all you need to do is drain the water and you're set to go. True?

I'm thinking to put some lemon on top of it. The smell is :ninja:

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    open can, drain water, eat
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Drain it, then do what you want with it. I mix it with mayonnaise, pepper, ketchup and a little onion and have it in a sandwich or pop it under the grill on some toast. Alternatively, mix with mayonnaise and sweetcorn and stir into pasta.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    pretty much as the above post says, once you drain the water out, mix it with a bit of mayo then spread it on the bread as you would normally do
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I usually buy tuna this way, drain the water, squeeze lemon juice, add half a finely chopped onion, a teaspoon of mayonise and a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, thoroughly then add some pepper after spreading it on bread or crackers.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    Drain it, then do what you want with it. I mix it with mayonnaise, pepper, ketchup and a little onion and have it in a sandwich or pop it under the grill on some toast. Alternatively, mix with mayonnaise and sweetcorn and stir into pasta.
    Onions and papers! Great idea. Those are :sexface:

(Original post by Herr)
    squeeze lemon juice.
    Lemon juice makes the smell and taste :love:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course it has less fat and calories, you haven't added the mayo yet. lol.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Of course it has less fat and calories, you haven't added the mayo yet. lol.
    I won't put that

But just now, I did cook it with mushrooms, a tablespoon of oyster sauce and some lemon.

mmm... healthy and delicious!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    I won't put that

But just now, I did cook it with mushrooms, a tablespoon of oyster sauce and some lemon.

mmm... healthy and delicious!
    Sounds great. Tuna is quick and effortless but my fav way is tuna, salad cream, pepper and sweetcorn on toast.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds great. Tuna is quick and effortless but my fav way is tuna, salad cream, pepper and sweetcorn on toast.
    "Please rate some other member before rating this member again"

Anyway, it is! It filled me up as well and I just took half a tin (net weight of the can is 140g )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tuna?

It's simple. Open can. Pour contents into bin and eat something which doesn't have the honour of being one of the foulest food products available.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecrimsonidol)
    Tuna?

It's simple. Open can. Pour contents into bin and eat something which doesn't have the honour of being one of the foulest food products available.
    Somebody didn't get his tuna
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The smell is as bad as the taste. My old flatmate used to leave half a tin of Tuna in a bowl and leave it open in the fridge...stank the kitchen out at times
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    The smell is as bad as the taste. My old flatmate used to leave half a tin of Tuna in a bowl and leave it open in the fridge...stank the kitchen out at times
    Owh, I know what you mean! When I open the tin, the smell was a bit :eek: That's why I put lemon and after that, all is good But after cooking it, the house still smells... :ninja:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Owh, I know what you mean! When I open the tin, the smell was a bit :eek: That's why I put lemon and after that, all is good But after cooking it, the house still smells... :ninja:
    I just outright can't stand the stuff, Lemon or no Lemon
    (You can't polish a turd, I believe is the appropriate saying...)
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I eat a can a day; man I love tuna! I was lucky enough to acquire some John West tuna in a can, that isn't in oil or water, you just scrape it out. I have mine with salad, drowned in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt & pepper and mayo with walnuts as well. It's sooo good, just had one about 5 minutes ago!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Don't do what my housemate did and turn it upside down before using a can opener -.-

Made a right mess of the tin and had to turn it back up the other way as surprise surprise it's not designed to be opened upside down! :L
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:

(Original post by kka25)
    My female cat goes mental for the stuff, as well as cooked fresh salmon. To them it's like crack cocaine.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitt1988)
    I eat a can a day; man I love tuna! I was lucky enough to acquire some John West tuna in a can, that isn't in oil or water, you just scrape it out. I have mine with salad, drowned in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt & pepper and mayo with walnuts as well. It's sooo good, just had one about 5 minutes ago!
    mmm :sexface:

And the protein! Wonderful :love:

My female cat goes mental for the stuff, as well as cooked fresh salmon. To them it's like crack cocaine.
    Salmon should be the new cocaine . Delicious!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You disgust me

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.