Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims report mosques who use violence against kids!

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Alot of Pakistani run mosques seem to practice hitting children when they aren't fully concentrating in mosque or cannot read e.g. a verse of the Qur'an properly.

I'm muslim myself and this is just dreadful, don't let these idiots hijack our faith, if you know any mosque such as this then PLEASE report them, they aren't even following Islam properly.

Some fools may view you as "Traitors" but it is they who are wrong in religion.

I have people in real life who have told me about this not, just one person but quiet a few , I haven't seen it myself(I got taught to read the Qur'an at home) and its really a disgrace how they bring culture once again in our religion.

To TSR Moderators
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, if it is, then please kindly move it to correct one, I wasn't sure if this actually allowed discussion but I couldn't think of another place to make the thread.

Thx for reading. Sorry about any typos.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this isn't good, dya reckon it comes from a cultural thing of striking your kids?

When I was sent to mosque as a kid the imam pretty much threw this kid across the room (I can't remember exactly why, I was like 8). It's disgusting. My mum withdrew me from there and made a complaint though, so that was good.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This is nothing new. Its been documented many times.

Authorities don't act because they are scared of being labelled "Islamaphobic."
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bout time! when i was a kid if i misread something it was a slipper if i was lucky, a wooden stick if i was not!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amirlad)
    Bout time! when i was a kid if i misread something it was a slipper if i was lucky, a wooden stick if i was not!
    same hear, raise em on the straight and narrow i say

(aliter in excessive violence)
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    Yeah this isn't good, dya reckon it comes from a cultural thing of striking your kids?

When I was sent to mosque as a kid the imam pretty much threw this kid across the room (I can't remember exactly why, I was like 8). It's disgusting. My mum withdrew me from there and made a complaint though, so that was good.
    Yes they are really retarded, sometimes I wonder how did they ever became an Imam or w/e. Some parts of Pakistani ISLAM are so against Islam, e.g. the building shrines of holy men, and basically praying to them.
    Personally, I'm glad I never got sent to them, my dad hates their violence ways, he says its more likely to put you off Islam.

I'm planning to report this local mosque anonymously if I get any more people telling me it still happens (a friend told me it stopped, but he goes along with them so don't know).
    I don't care if they do anything to me, but I can guess the violent may do damage to the family etc...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)

Authorities don't act because they are scared of being labelled "Islamaphobic."
    And who are the people that invented the word "islamophobia"?

I'm not being pedantic, seriously who, was it Muslims themsleves or stupid apologists like the UAF?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    This actually used to happen to me when I was taught at a Mosque. They didn't 'hit', rather they told you to do painful exercises e.g. squats.

For disruptive students they made them do the 'chicken'. Stand striaght, bend your back over, stick your hands through your legs from behind -> grab your ears. Very, very painful; they made you do it in front of everybody too.

I'm telling you, those teachers were bored.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Alot of Pakistani run mosques seem to practice hitting children when they aren't fully concentrating in mosque or cannot read e.g. a verse of the Qur'an properly.

I'm muslim myself and this is just dreadful, don't let these idiots hijack our faith, if you know any mosque such as this then PLEASE report them, they aren't even following Islam properly.

I have people in real life who have told me about this not, just one person but quiet a few , I haven't seen it myself(I got taught to read the Qur'an at home) and its really a disgrace how they bring culture once again in our religion.

To TSR Moderators
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, if it is, then please kindly move it to correct one, I wasn't sure if this actually allowed discussion but I couldn't think of another place to make the thread.

are you drunk or what lad?. First of all seems you don't know the section of this thread then why ask mods?Really i've been in Pak. mosque i even left one an hour ago the Ulamaa cane children who are rude, ill mannered or those who don't pray properly. Why one earth did the Prophet (Saw) say, ''teach you children to pray at the age of 7 and punish if they don't at the age of 10"
    And yet God said,''And I have sent (Muhammed) only as a mercy to mankind''?

You say something about children being beaten for not reading a verse. Tell me what happened to rasululah (SAW)-the best of all mankind, the only one who went to the throne of Allah, the one who did miraj and came back before the hook of his door came to a stand still, the one who will only come to Allah for help during Qiyamah- when Gabriel told him to read keeping in mind that the Prophet was illiterate. ??? Can't tell,well ? the angel crabbed him and squeezed him. Imagine yourself being squeezed from head to toe, then compare that to canning.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bukhatir)
    are you drunk or what lad?. First of all seems you don't know the section of this thread then why ask mods?Really i've been in Pak. mosque i even left one an hour ago the Ulamaa cane children who are rude, ill mannered or those who don't pray properly. Why one earth did the Prophet (Saw) say, ''teach you children to pray at the age of 7 and punish if they don't at the age of 10"

You say something about children being beaten for not reading a verse. Tell me what happened to rasululah (SAW)-the best of all mankind, the only one who went to the throne of Allah, the one who did miraj and came back before the hook of his door came to a stand still, the one who will only come to Allah for help during Qiyamah- when Gabriel told him to read keeping in mind that the Prophet was illiterate. ??? Can't tell,well ? the angel crabbed him and squeezed him. Imagine yourself being squeezed from head to toe, then compare that to canning.

Wait, so are you condoning the beating of children for being ill mannered or not praying properly?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas)
    This actually used to happen to me when I was taught at a Mosque. They didn't 'hit', rather they told you to do painful exercises e.g. squats.

For disruptive students they made them do the 'chicken'. Stand striaght, bend your back over, stick your hands through your legs from behind -> grab your ears. Very, very painful; they made you do it in front of everybody too.

I'm telling you, those teachers were bored.
    Sounds familiar
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

To TSR Moderators

That's good I'm glad to hear. A couple of mosques around where I live have Imams who hit or slap children (pretty hard sometimes) when they make a mistake with recitation. Luckily, many have stopped now and most don't practise this any more, it is only the pakistani mosques that still do.

Unfortunately I know some people who agree with it, they say that to make mistakes with recitation (especially if you make quite a few) is bad and you should be hit hard enough so that you don't forget it again. Most don't believe this though and now the children are simply corrected or made to keep going over it rather than getting slapped - which is a good thing in my opinion, child abuse cannot be justified.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know any mosques that do this anymore. I asked my nephew if they hit kids he said no but we get told off and Saturday detention lol I was hit as a youngster, it wasn't violent/aggressive just a light smack on the back with a stick or palm, and I think I've benefitted quite a lot from it. I have no complaints about my treatment but I can't speak for others.

I will smack my kids though. Damn right, it's a parent's right to discipline children.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)

my mum dropped me off one day and i pretended to go in and then just walked away lol she saw me down the road and picked me up, then i stopped going there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I'm muslim so the chances of me being drunk are really slim, threads get shut on this section if you show a complete 1 sided view which allows no discussion, mine resembles that si I left a message to the mods
    .The children aren't prophets and the imam or W/e arent jibrail, that is a rubbish comparison you gave,
    If a child cannot read properly as i stated above, I really don't see how caning will help his literacy.

Go learn your religion properly before you come here saying rubbish, shame on you for agreeing with them devils.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:

How will hitting the kids teach them anything?

(Original post by High VOLTAGE)
    my mum dropped me off one day and i pretended to go in and then just walked away lol she saw me down the road and picked me up, then i stopped going there.
    Lol I was moved between various mosques/Qur'an teachers about 7 times, just couldn't find a decent one on Bradford! This was a long time ago now though, I hope they've improved with their treatment of children.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are really retarded, sometimes I wonder how did they ever became an Imam or w/e. Some parts of Pakistani ISLAM are so against Islam, e.g. the building shrines of holy men, and basically praying to them.
    Lol! Never heard of that before! Where do they do that?

Personally, I'm glad I never got sent to them, my dad hates their violence ways, he says its more likely to put you off Islam.
    Yeah, luckily I was never hit but kids make associations very quickly and they might start associating that with Islam.
    I don't see how hitting the kids benefits them anyways- it's much better to explain to the child what they're doing wrong and why they shouldn't be doing it than beating them.

I'm planning to report this local mosque anonymously if I get any more people telling me it still happens (a friend told me it stopped, but he goes along with them so don't know).
    I don't care if they do anything to me, but I can guess the violent may do damage to the family etc...
    That's good, but be careful they don't find out it's you. There are some nutjobs out there who like to interfere in other peoples' business and might kick up a fuss.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good for you for speaking out, something that your religion desperately needs at the moment. Islam has been getting a very bad press for years and, until it learns to publicly condemn and ostracise the damaging and extremist elements, it will never be understood or accepted by the West.

You're the sort of Muslim who damages Islam a lot more than he helps it. You consider your religion to be absolutely correct in all situations and therefore absolutely unchangeable. One reason that Christianity spread as fast and as far as it did (and continues to do today) is the fact that it can adapt itself to its environment whilst holding on to its central tenets. Your form of Islam is too rigid, too unthinking to do that and is, therefore, unlikely to survive. It is merely a question of how much damage it does while it does survive.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's good the younger generation want to sort this bull**** out. As someone else said, the authorities are too PC too do anything about it, which just goes further to show what nonsense PC is.

You guys shouldn't worry yourselves too much, this kind of stuff used to be standard practise in the Catholic church, so you aren't the only religion with problems to sort out.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    This kind of thing isn't surprising really. It's down to a big difference of culture.

Nowadays in Britain, using physical force to discipline children is highly frowned upon, and completely forbidden in schools and other places of education. Whereas 50 years ago or so, it was completely normal for a child to be hit with a cane at school for misbehaviour or poor concentration in class etc. Similarly, this is considered quite normal in many South Asian countries - they haven't got to the stage of outlawing corporal punishment. If you had lived in Pakistan (for example) all your life, you wouldn't bat an eyelid to hear that a child got hit in school one day, because that's what happens there at a matter of course. You'd just think "well I got hit at school and turned out fine".

It so happens that many of the teachers in Islamic schools or Qur'an classes in Britain have come over from foreign countries where corporal punishment is standard practice. In many cases, even the parents who send their children to those schools are also from the same countries, and see nothing unusual about it - which is why there haven't been huge numbers of public outcries, schools being boycotted and closing down.

I'd expect it to reduce in future though - I think these Mosque schools are now becoming subject to more government regulations with Ofsted inspection, a requirement for teachers to have recognised teaching qualifications etc. The teachers at these schools need to be completely mindful of the fact that what they're doing is illegal.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 11, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.